~ Chapter Forty-Two ~

"Tell No One"

“That stylist is hot… You must feel good” a drunk male stated towards Jungkook, his eyes averting to where the drunk man was staring, not surprised one bit to find his girlfriend on the other side of those lustful eyes.

“She has a boyfriend” Jungkook was quick to protest, trying to hide the anger and jealousy from his voice, considering this event meant everything to Sang-Oh, and was the result of her demanding work for the last few years.

“That don’t mean anything, feelings change” the drunk man spoke with a smug grin “unless she has a ring on her finger… she’s not unattainable.”

Jungkook went silent at that moment, his eyes staying locked on his girlfriend who was much to busy greeting the guest than to notice the two men staring. Jungkook had thought about proposing many times, but he always came up with cold feet when it came to asking her the question. Perhaps it was out of fear did he back down, or perhaps it was because he felt that he wasn’t good enough to stand beside her and her new coming fame.

Jungkook watched helplessly from the sidelines as men in business attire would flirt with his girlfriend, and of course like the good girlfriend she was, she rejected them instantly, expressing she had someone. Yet when her finger would trail towards the younger boy, Jungkook would always feel unworthy to have claimed such a title. Sang-Oh was a rising star in the styling business, had created a good name for herself and those who worked under her, all the while Jungkook had barely just gotten his driver’s license and was still in an undecided major in college.

“I’m her boyfriend” Jungkook spoke, unable to bare the man’s stares any longer, knowing the sinister thoughts that were beginning to form within his head. “Please respect my relationship.”

“Pfft, you’re just a child” Yes, he has heard that line several times. “A girl like that needs a real man in her life…” Yes, he heard that one before too. Double Whammy.

“Jungkook-Ah” Sang’s voice pulled his attention, a smirk forming on his lips when glancing towards the drunk male, as though stating proudly that Sang only wanted him, her fingers motioning him to move towards her, and like the obedient boy he was, he marched proudly towards her side. Yet he was confused when she suddenly took hold of his hand, and began pulling him away from the party, several eyes following them.

“I’m tired” Sang spoke after a moment of walking, stepping out onto a balcony that had a clear view of the party life below them, and buildings within the distance.

“Should I take you home?” Jungkook asked with concern yet was silenced when she suddenly turned around and stared harshly at him.

“I’m tired of introducing you as my boyfriend…” She clarified, and something inside of Jungkook had shattered and boy did it hurt. He knew this day would come, knew that one day she would realize that he wasn’t good enough for her, he just thought he’d have a few more years to treasure her. His mouth parted to speak yet silence rang through him, he was useless suddenly, when he needed to be strong, he was defeated.

“W..what … What do you mean?” He dared to allow the words to escape his lips, his eyes falling towards his shoes as though they were the most interesting thing at the party, and he hated that he could see her long legs through the bellowing dress she wore, the beauty that would no longer be his after tonight.

“Jungkook-Ah….” Her voice was always velvet, always the catchiest tune in his life, and soon he would be left without it. He prepared for it, but he still wasn’t ready to let her go, he wanted to hold on just a while longer.

~~~~~~~~~

Sang couldn’t decipher the look that stole the boy’s features, and though she knew him like the back of her hand, she simply couldn’t decide what his emotions were. That was until his eyes finally drifted towards her and the single tear against his cheek proved what he was feeling. He was terrified that she was going to leave him, and that’s exactly what she thought the problem was going to be. He wasn’t holding back because of himself, he was holding back for what he thought would be her happiness.

“Jungkook-Ah” Sang gained the confidence she almost lost, her hand reaching to cup his cheeks into her hand, her thumb working to wipe away the single tear, forcing his eyes onto her own. “I really love you…” she continued and was sickened when another tear hit onto her fingers, staining her flesh with his pain, with his doubt. How could she not have seen this earlier? Was she to blinded from her own happiness that she couldn’t see the man who was stumbling to stay on her path.

“Are… Are you leaving me?” Jungkook whispered, his eyes once again casting away from her own, his hands reaching up to pull down the hands that held him.

“I would never leave you… I fought to hard for you” Sang admitted with a small sad smile, hating that she allowed his doubt to grow so viciously.

“Feelings change…” Jungkook spoke softly “I don’t deserve you Sang-Oh…”

“Do you love me?” Sang questioned instead, bringing his eyes immediately onto her own, and he didn’t have to answer her verbally, she could see it in the way he stared at her and nodded his head like a child being asked if they wanted candy. “Then marry me Jungkook-Ah…”

“W…wh…w..”

“I want to introduce you as my husband soon, so allow me that honor and marry me?” She didn’t realize she was crying, not until his hands reached up to wipe the small droplets away.

~~~~~~~~~~

“I can’t believe you let her propose” Taehyung let out a fit of laughter.

“Kookie always needed babied” Jimin chimed in.

“Guess he needed coached on how to be a man too” Yoongi just ended it. Jungkook KO!

Jungkook’s eyes narrowed on his drunken friends, but despite how much his pride may have been blemished by the fact that she proposed, Jungkook wouldn’t take back his answer. He’d marry Sang-Oh every day if the government would allow it.

“Yah, leave him alone” speaking of Sang-Oh, his eyes drifted towards her, relishing in the soft peck she placed against his lips, watching as her eyes than darting to the trio before them “at least he didn’t stumble like a fool and drop the ring into the lake” she appointed towards Taehyung who only offered a boxy smile in response.

Taehyung KO!

“Ye, because he didn’t have a ring” Yoogni was the one to respond.

“Nor did you” Sang countered.

Yoongi KO!

“Yah, that’s because I proposed” Jimin defended his lover, and it was nice to finally not see a blush against his cheeks when referring to his loved one, the embarrassment completely erased and only love being within those powerful eyes.

“Mhm, Jimin is the only real man at this table” Sang chimed happily.

Triple Knock-Out! Jungkook KO… Again.

“Yah!!?!?!?!” The three others screamed in unison.

“Anyways” Sang noticed the tension that had built, offering a sheepish smile towards everyone “I just wanted to remind you that we’re meeting my father tomorrow, and that my mother will be there too. Please be on your best behavior, and don’t stay up to late.”

“Aw, Kookie really does need babied” Taehyung shouted, bringing stern eyes within his direction.

“Also, your wife wanted me to remind you to do the laundry when you return tonight. She says she’s tired of smelling feet in her living room. I suggest you listen, ert” Sang shot the arrow and it landed directly within the target range of Taehyung’s ego, making his boxy smile demolish, and a humph to leave his throat.

“Behave yourselves” Sang offered her farewell before exiting the bar once again, being sure to leave a few kiss stains on her boyfriend’s neck, just in case any other female thought they should approach him and try to speak to him. “Love you” she whispered, Jungkook quick to capture her lips in a drunken kiss.

“Love you more, but was the really necessary” he teased, not surprised one bit when Sang nodded in pure triumph of her claim.