~ Chapter One ~

"Tell No One"

~*~ 3rd POV ~*~

“I don’t understand why you have to get married” Sang found herself distraught in the news that suddenly took her ears for not only did it provide a dramatic change within her life, but it was also proof that her mother and father would never truly make amends despite their lies of trying “isn’t being in love enough?”

“Honey, please understand…” Mr. Jeon tried to speak out, but he was silenced by the swollen and judging eyes that suddenly casted within his direction, clearly showing that he was out of place for trying to speak on behalf for her inquisitive mother.

“Sang…” Her mother’s lips pursed yet it mattered not for Sang found her entire world crumbling into pieces, knowing the male lived in the suborns of Busan opposed to the infectious city of Seoul, knowing she would have to pick up her life and move it. “I’m getting married, I don’t need your permission” the woman became stern in her decision’s yet Sang only seemed to find the words as a challenge instead.

“Fine, I’ll just go live with my father” she spoke the words she knew would hurt the most, not surprised when her mother’s expression changed from stern to simply flabbergasted, as though an illness suddenly plunged deep within an unseen carry.

“That’s enough” Mr. Jeon spoke up this time, unable to witness the falling apart of a single mother and a child who had been inseparable since her birth. “Your mother is trying to make your life better, why must you resent her for it?”

“So, I’m not allowed to have an opinion?” Sang asked, clenching onto the shattering organ as though it would keep it from falling apart of her. “I’m a senior in school with top honors, I have a college waiting for me. Must I give up my future as well?” She sobbed this time, feeling the reality of the entire situation weighing heavily on her shoulders. “Can’t you wait a while longer until I can find my own place?”

“Sweetheart” her mother sighed out, and it proved that there would be no more waiting, would no longer be room for discussion. They had made plans, and they planned on following through with them “you’ll be going to a private academy, and your new brothers will be accompanying you. This won’t interfere with your college acceptance.”

“I’ll lose all of my friends” Sang spoke softly, unable to help the tears that became waterfalls beneath her red and scratchy eyes “I’ll lose my boyfriend…”

“Your boyfriend won’t leave you over this, and he’s not important when it comes to your…”

“He’s important, because he belongs in my future!” She screamed this time, unable to comprehend what she had done that was so horrible that she was being punished so harshly.

~*~*~*~

“It’s not like I won’t ever see you again” Namjoon tried to comfort, yet it did nothing but make the weight of leaving heavier, used to spending every day within the school halls attached at his hip, making fun of his dorky smile that seemed to brighten her world, today it is having the opposite effect. “You know I’ll come see you every weekend” he tried once more, unsettled by the blank expression that kept her features.

“You better” she huffed out after staring into his eyes, unable to contain the happiness he always drew forth, regardless of what situation they were pegged with. “I’m going to lose my mind by myself” she whispered the last part, alarmed when his arms pulled her into his embrace, a soft breath allowing his scent to heavily drown out her worry.

“Promise to love me even with a distance?” She whispered onto his shoulder, his hold becoming tighter around her frame as though allowing a silent promise to fill the void in which plagued their hearts. “That we will still call each other every night, and say I love you once a day?” She hummed this time, the silent promises allowing for the first comfort to enter her for the day.

“You know I’ll go crazy if I don’t hear your voice once a day” he teased, her eyes fluttering up to stare at his dimpled smile, content with the moment for what it is, allowing tomorrow’s worry to be erased if only for an instant. “You won’t forget me, right?” He whispered, her head shaking as she leaned on her tip toes, her lips effortlessly reaching at his cheek to make it burn with a crimson hue, their affection being limited to strictly hugs for the time being, deeming this their first small kiss.

They had been dating for over two years, respecting one another enough to move at an incredibly slow rate, ensuring their feelings were strictly emotional opposed to physical. They had watched several couples come together, only to break up months later, no longer finding the interest that sparked between them. They didn’t wish to become another notch in each other’s lives, they wished to be the inseparable bond that only came from time and respect, hence why they haven’t even shared their first true kiss yet, it being meaningless compared to the emotional connection they shared.

“I hate this…” She whispered, and he was forced to freeze when her chest began to bounce, a strong indication that she was now crying, her harsh sobs bouncing off his chest. He couldn’t stand seeing her tears, couldn’t stand knowing she was hurting, but above all, he hated that he couldn’t do anything to comfort. He could only offer her a tighter embrace and whisper lies of ‘it’s alright’ ‘nothing will change’ ‘you’ll be happy’ in which he didn’t even believe himself. How useless, how pathetic.

“Hey” he spoke after what seemed like hours had passed, yet only minutes lingered between them, her swollen eyes looking towards him as though desperate for her pain to go away. “I love you” he whispered, his hands reaching to wipe away those tears that stained her beautiful face.

“I love you too” she spoke in between soft sobs, allowing his thumbs to wipe away her pain, his smile to put warmth on this cold summer night. “Can I have my kiss now?” She asked instead, alarmed when his lips suddenly engulfed her own, a firework exploding within her chest, deeming this moment worth the entire two years it took to get it.

For the first time today, she felt strong and powerful as her lips followed his own, both clumsy and nervous yet it being perfection. She felt warmth, and it was in the form of the hand that cupped her cheeks softly, pulling her closer to him, proving that distance couldn’t separate them. She felt happiness, but just as quickly as he pulled away and flashed her that beautiful dimpled smile, the pain of possibly losing it had come back and reality was harsh once again.

~*~*~*~

“Welcome home!” Mr. Jeon spoke while the car pulled up to what seemed like a mansion, surrounded by nothing but land for what could have been miles, not like Sang was paying attention. “I can’t wait to show you your room” he seemed so enthusiastic, so happy, yet her heart was still bleeding as her hand clutched harder at the suitcase handle, pondering how she was going to survive through this.

She could understand why he was excited, for the room in which was her own was decorated heavily with several different furnishings. A poor child growing up with nothing would have been a smiling fool by such an upgrade, yet material items were never permanent, and they could never hope to hold the same sentimental element that memories provided. Setting her stuff along the large bed, her eyes would examine the room carefully, as though trying to purposely pick out the flaws it held.

The dresser was large, and a vanity mirror was attached, enough room to possibly fit every belonging she had within a single piece of furnishing. Her attention than fell towards the open door, hinting a walk-in closet, proving further that there was simply to much space. She hated it, and it proved further that she didn’t belong in this life-style, that she belonged in the apartment that only held one bedroom, sleeping on blankets as though it were a luxury mattress.

“Are you still angry with me?” Her mother pulled her from the thoughts, her eyes slowly falling towards the female who looked just as much out of place as Sang felt, her head shaking despite the pain that still purged her. “I know it’s a tremendous change, but I really love him” she whispered softly, her eyes too dancing along the large room.

“I’m happy for you” Sang didn’t lie, she truly was happy that her mother was once again smiling, but why did it have to come at her own expense? Why couldn’t this happen a year from now where Sang could have easily moved into an apartment by herself, not having to leave behind the only life she came to know.

“You have to meet his sons” she whispered softly “they are great boys, Jung-Hyun is your age, Jungkook is two years younger” she continued as though their ages would help Sang feel any differently towards the situation. “Jung-Hyun will also be in your classes, it will help you make new friends.”

“I don’t want new friends” Sang spoke of her impatience, her eyes falling towards the shocked woman “I just want to make it through the next six months, so that I can have my life back. I’m happy for you, I’m glad you are here. Mr. Jeon is sincerely kind but Mom…” she paused allowing her words to come off just as strongly as she felt “I don’t belong here.”