~ Chapter Fourteen ~

"Tell No One"

Get ready for your heart to either melt… Or break!!

Warning: Male X Male slight romance.

 

It wasn’t meant to be like this, in fact it wasn’t supposed to go past a few text messages, and yet he found himself within the large city of Seoul, waiting patiently for the other. He knew he was early, knew that they weren’t supposed to meet for another twenty minutes, and yet he couldn’t stop himself from going to the meet up spot. Perhaps he was excited to see the male once again, or perhaps he was bored of waiting in the station, but his resolution came with dark ebony hair and a bored expression.

“Aren’t you early?” Yoongi asked, making the younger blush furiously, despite his best attempts at staying calm.

“Aren’t you?” He countered, this time earning himself a suction of teeth, following a genuine gummy smile.

It started off with talking about Namjoon and Sang, but somehow the conversation was thrown into music ideas and lyrics. Conversation turned into singing and rapping, and soon they had enough work to make their own album should they have planned too. It was peaceful, and though Jimin enjoyed hanging out with his friends, they never did manage to make him feel as warm and comfortable as Min Yoongi had, thus leaving him with more questions than he did before.

“So…” Jimin spoke during the walk towards the station, his fingers keeping busy with a quarter inside of his denim pockets “do you have a girlfriend?”

“No, I’m not interested in dating” the answer came back to quickly for Jimin’s liking yet he would stand strong and ask another question.

“What would make you interested?” Jimin barely managed to whisper out, feeling awkward suddenly in the situation, considering he didn’t understand his own feelings, let alone how to cope with them.

“Time” Yoongi answered with a shrug, his walking coming to a standstill as his eyes locked with Jimin’s and Jimin swore that his heart had stopped beating “but maybe someone can change my mind…”

They were silent after that, standing at the station much later than what was predicted, Jimin feeling shy as he purposely avoided the male’s gaze. He knew he was staring, he could feel the eyes upon him, and somehow that made his knee’s week, made his stomach roll, and his heart to race. Was it possible to love someone of the same gender? Was it considered romantic, or was it considering some other type of bond? Could he even kiss a guy?

“I’m hungry” Yoongi spoke after a while of silence, bringing Jimin’s attention back… Was Yoongi secretly asking him to eat dinner together?

It felt like a date, Yoongi pampering the young male and paying for everything, even being kind enough to ask if Jimin enjoyed his meal. They spent majority of the time talking about their favorite hobbies and soon they found themselves within a basketball match. Typically, Jimin could win a game of one on one without even blinking, yet every time Yoongi touched him, anytime he looked in his direction, Jimin grew distracted, thus losing the match by a long mile.

“I thought you said you were good at basketball” the older spoke whilst spinning a ball along his index, keeping his eyes locked on the latter and Jimin swore that there was a hidden message behind the smirk on his lips.

“I am… but you…” Jimin began knocking the ball from the man’s fingers and keeping a tight grip upon it “you distract me…” he admitted with a heavy sigh before heading towards the station once more.

“This is Sang’s old house” Yoongi commented along one of the streets that they walked, forcing once defeated eyes to perk up with the thought. So, this is where the girl grew up? It seemed so much smaller than Jimin had imagined, and it looked cheap compared to the house in which she occupied now. Perhaps the rumors were true, that Sang belonged to a poor family, but that didn’t mean anything. Some of the richest people grew up in a poor poverty.

“Namjoon?” Yoongi’s voice threw off his thoughts, glancing towards the male who had suddenly appeared beside them, Jimin offering a soft smile until realizing the frown on Yoongi’s lips. “What are you doing this way?” Yoongi asked, and Jimin could see the male’s cheeks become red, as though guilty of something.

“I was at the basketball court with Seokjin” that was lie, they just came from the courts, Jimin’s eyes falling towards Yoongi and then back to Namjoon.

“Oh okay” Yoongi didn’t question him despite knowing that he was lying, and it made Jimin extremely angry considering that Sang was a good person and deserved better than fake friends. “Funny though, Jimin and I were just there… This is also the way to Tzuyu’s house…”

“So what if I was at her house?” Namjoon barked suddenly, as though the guilt had suddenly caught up with him and he had no other means of comforting it. “Sang-Oh left me, she left” Namjoon screamed, and Jimin heard enough to understand what happened, what the truth was. “I love her, I would never love another girl like I love…”

It was too late, Jimin lost himself in his anger and was unable to comprehend any words, knowing the girl had already suffered enough. His knuckles hurt with each new swing, but they didn’t hurt as bad as Sang would, wouldn’t crumble and fall apart like the innocent girl would. Life wasn’t fair, why did she constantly have horrible things happening to her, why couldn’t she just be happy? Why was everyone out to get her, when she had no choice in what happened?

Jimin lost it, and perhaps he lost more than just himself that night, for when he finally gathered himself enough to look at his bloodied knuckles, he noted that Namjoon wasn’t the only one with fear written across his features.

~*~ Sang’s POV ~*~

She couldn’t remember the ride home in that late bus, or the arms that secured her the entire three hours it took to get them there. She couldn’t decipher if she had been imagining things, or if the warm blankets that covered her were in fact real and happening. She did understand that she was within her room, alone and drowning in misery, something she had grown rather accustomed to during the last few weeks of her life.

“Jungkook-Ah” she spoke softly against the wooden door that was cracked open, as though it were waiting patiently for her to come towards it yet silence would answer her. “Kookie” she tried again, this time pushing on the door and allowing his room to fall into her vision.

She could tell where he was at, for the blankets rose within the center of the bed, his entire being including his face covered within the fabrics. Tip toeing towards the bed, she swore that she heard a strange sound from the bed, but there was no other sign of life. Edging closer, her heart picked up at the rate of a bullet when he suddenly pulled down the covers and screamed a ‘Yah’ in her direction, making her jump thirty feet into the air.

“You jerk!” She yelled at him, alarmed when a soft smile and laughter had suddenly filled the room, and she was aware that it was her first time hearing such a sweet sound, the way it echoed within the room, the way his teeth looked like a bunny when he smiled.

“I scared the out of you” he whispered playfully, Sang nodding in complete surrender, knowing she couldn’t hide it, considering she jumped and gasped harshly. “Can’t sleep?” He whispered softly, a nod taking her head as though it was something to be shameful about. “You can sleep here” he offered, stretching out his arms and though she felt it strange and skeptical, she proceeded further.

She was alarmed when he didn’t move even after she laid herself down, but instead s his arm under her head and pulled her closer. She was forced to face him, her eyes staying locked with his own as though questioning his motive, and yet she couldn’t see any trail of grudge within the soft eyes that stared back at her. He was silent, adjusting himself and the blankets so that they fell upon her entire body, even ensuring they covered her feet before allowing himself to lay back down.

“Sleep” he whispered softly “you’ll feel better tomorrow.”

“Why are you being nice…” She had to ask, for she couldn’t understand what had suddenly changed within him, though she regretted asking as his smile vanished, and his eyes locked with hers once more.

“Should I be rude then?” He asked in a threatening tune, her head shaking immediately as she made herself comfortable, extremely aware of just how small his bed was and how close she was forced to become, her chest grazing his own, his arm still secure under her head. “Are you comfortable?”

“Yeah” she lied, she wasn’t comfortable at all, pushing herself so close to the edge that she had to tighten her core muscles to ensure that she wouldn’t fall. “You?”

“No” Jungkook wasn’t a liar, and it was proved once more as he propped himself on his elbow “I’ll sleep on the couch, this isn’t comfy” he admitted softly, pushing the covers from around his body.

She could feel her heart racing, could feel the loneliness washing over her as she watched him in agony, hoping he would change his mind. She didn’t wish to be alone, she couldn’t stand the thoughts that claimed her when she was left alone to think of outcomes. He was leaving, and she was desperate.

“Please stay here” she whispered, and she barely heard it herself byet he would freeze as his eyes glanced towards her, as though a thousand different thoughts ran through his mind and yet he was just as silent as the room had become. Thankfully, he nodded after some time and laid himself back down, this time so that his stomach was on the bed, his best attempt to getting comfortable.

“Goodnight” he whispered, and she didn’t understand why, but she soon found herself curling into his embrace.

“Goodnight.”