~~ Chapter Forty-One ~~

"Tell No One"

“Where were you?” Jungkook asked, his hands lost and entangled within silky strands of hair, noting the various shades and highlights of red that tainted it.

“America” Sang answered, a soft smile gracing her lips, her head using his thigh as a pillow while her body was scrawled out onto his bed, noting that his jawline tightened and that he was starting to look more like a man. Age did him well.

“I knew that” Jungkook huffed out his annoyance at the bland answer, pondering if she had gain height since the last time he saw her, she looked so different yet the same.

“Then why did you ask?” Sang hummed playfully, her eyes widening when his hands loosened within her hair to instead land upon her cheeks, pushing slightly to make her lips pout out.

“You know what I meant” Jungkook whispered, and she could hear the difference in his voice, it was much huskier than the last time she heard it. “Why did you leave me so suddenly? Did you know how much regret I felt since you’ve been gone?”

Sang stayed silent, for she didn’t have to ponder the pain level he felt when she left, she could see it perfectly clear in those brown observant eyes that stared at her. She could feel it, in every soft touch that lingered against her skin, his fingers bringing to life skin that had become numb. She could feel it in the way he held onto her, as though terrified that should he even loosen his grip, she would vanish from his arms again. She didn’t have to ask questions to gain answers, Jungkook was sharing them through his actions.

“I’m sorry” she finally found the courage to speak, her eyes drifting back to meet his own, sharing the same pain and comforting it all the same. “I didn’t wish to be your burden, I wanted you to have a choice.”

“I choose you” Jungkook answered in a stern voice “I would have went with you…”

“You couldn’t…”

“Why the hell not!?” Sang’s eyes widened at the sudden burst of anger, before finally falling soft and allowing her hand to reach for his cheek, rubbing the angered expression until it to fell soft.

“You weren’t stable, you needed people you loved to stay beside you. I couldn’t be that selfish…” Sang whispered her honest answer, but now she pondered if it were good enough.

“I love you” Jungkook spoke quickly “I didn’t need anyone else.”

Yet that was a lie, because Jungkook was broken and needed to be rebuilt, needed to take time to understand himself and open his eyes to the world that changed since he’s been hiding. Sang could have stayed beside him, but Jungkook would have lost the person he once was and would have instead shaped into the person Sang wanted him to be. That wouldn’t have been enough, Sang didn’t want a perfect boyfriend at her side, she wanted a person who was an individual who had their own beliefs and thoughts. Above all, she wanted her boyfriend to be happy with his own choices.

“I’m here aren’t I?” She asked instead of arguing. “Isn’t it enough?”

~~~~~~~~~

“I heard you made it to the top in only a few short months… Do you design your own clothes?” A female known as the top stylist spoke from behind her desk, her green colored orbs casting within the younger’s direction for the first time since her arrival, Sang swallowing her nerves and nodding her head.

“Ye, I designed everything you see in the book” Sang admitted, trying to stay humble with her creative mind, but couldn’t stop her heart from racing within her chest, knowing she’s dreamed of working in this company since she was a young child with mere wishes and hopes.

“You’re rather good” the female hummed as though in her own thoughts, flipping through the pages and smiling at certain designs, obviously trying to picture them in life, being worn by a beautiful idol during a red-carpet event. “Let’s talk about money now. I want to hire you, but my budget is low. Bringing you on means I must get rid of someone else… Can you handle the work load?”

Sang froze when hearing those words, because she felt bad for the person who may get fired all because of her own ambitions. It wasn’t fair that someone would have to suffer at the expense of her happiness. She didn’t want to gain her dream job that way, and so with a lot of thought and a heavy heart, she shook her head before grabbing her book and holding it tightly towards her chest. She could feel the female’s eyes casting upon her in pure interest, as though curious to see what a black sheep would do in a pack of wolves.

“I’m a very hard worker” Sang expressed softly “however I am not a thief. I can’t steal someone’s job. It’s not right…”

“Honey, in this business it’s all about stealing what you want. No one will ever hand you something. You have to take it with force” the female began to explain, her nails tapping at the wooden desk, obviously annoyed at losing such a notable talent. “You will be nothing if you can’t be strong and powerful. Do you understand what you are rejecting?”

“Stealing things only makes you untrustworthy. To be a great stylist, you must gain the trust of the people whom you work for, otherwise they will rebel against your choosing, and pick for themselves. Those who have to steal their happiness, aren’t happy at all” Sang spoke softly, standing herself from the large chair and bidding farewell to her dream job, her heart sore from the loss but her sincerity high and soaring. “Thank you for your kind words, I’m leaving now.”

Sang stepped outside, only to be greeted by a pair of strong arms wrapping around her waist, pulling her into the warmth she had missed. “J..Jungkook?” Sang whispered, her arms reaching out to hold onto the warmth “what are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t miss your interview, I wanted to be the first to congratulate you” Jungkook answered with a bunny smile, interlacing their fingers until they could walk hand-in-hand. “Should we celebrate?”

“I didn’t take the offer” Sang spoke with strength in her voice, hating when Jungkook’s body stiffened, his eyes going slightly wide and his smile faltering for a short second. “I don’t wish to steal my happiness, I’d rather build my own…” Sang admitted, her eyes casting towards the ground.

“I still want to celebrate” Jungkook murmured softly, bringing confused eyes within his direction.

“Celebrate what?” Sang questioned, melting at the soft smile that flashed within her direction.

“Life” Jungkook shrugged “and how truly lucky I am, that I found someone to share it with…”

“You’re so cheesy…” Sang barely managed to breathe out the words, her heart exploding inside of her chest, knowing that she was the one who was blessed to have seen what hid behind the layers of resentment and retaliation.

“No, I’m just in love” Jungkook answered, pulling her closer towards himself so that he could steal a small peck from her those lips. “May I help you build your happiness?”

~~~~~~~~

“Stay still” Sang spoke in a harsh manner, her fingers painting the gloss against his thin lips, alarmed when he bent forward and stole yet another kiss, making her eyes grow wide. “Jungkook-Ah, I just finished that!” She scolded, but his laughter had erased any anger that may have brew within her.

“Sorry Noona” Jungkook teased, only calling her Noona when they were at the studio and doing photo shoots, Jungkook being her favorite model to dress up and her most successful one.

“Yah, I’m serious” Sang whined playfully, pouting out her lip as she reached up so that she could wipe away the running gloss from the corners of his lips.

After on his eyeliner and finishing up the touches of his makeup, she stepped back so that she could admire the man who stole her heartbeat. She always appreciated his handsome features without the use of cosmetics, but damn did he look good with makeup on. Her thoughts were brewing, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip without much thought, but it didn’t go by unnoticed by the boyfriend who gained a smirk across his lips.

“Noona” his voice was deep and husky, drawing her mind back to the here and now “are you thinking inappropriate thoughts?”

“Wha… No” Sang answered quickly, biffing the boy on his head before retreating into the stylist room, trying her best to hide the heat that flushed at her cheeks, ignoring the chuckles that filled the room, obviously she was caught in the lie.

The shoot went perfectly and in a timely fashion, Sang watching as Jungkook and Taehyung posed together, making even the male staff gravel at the beauty. They were the perfect duo to model together, and she was glad that her designs stayed within her own name, not using someone else to build her happiness. It was worth every penny she spent, every hour she invested, and every heartache that throbbed her swollen chest, just to see her dreams come to life without destroying someone else.

“Those boys… They will be the death of us” A female’s voice sounded from her right, bringing staring eyes towards Kana who smiled with just as much pride. “You did good, they look handsome.”

“They did good” Sang was humble, knowing that it wouldn’t have been possible without the two boys who put up with the constant clothing changes and makeup appliances. “I heard you two were getting married. Congratulations.”

“Ye, we will be getting married this fall” Kana beamed, her eyes only looking towards her fiancé Kim Taehyung. “Has Jungkook asked?” Kana glanced towards Sang, both girls sharing a sad smile, obviously the answer was the same as last time she had asked. “What the heck is he waiting for… Have things been well?”

“Hmm” Sang answered with a nod and a heavy sigh “he just doesn’t seem interested in marriage. I’m okay with it…” Truth was however, that Sang wasn’t okay with it, and her patience was running thin. They had been together for three years now and watched numerous weddings between their friends.