~ Chapter Nineteen ~

"Tell No One"

As promised, a double update for those of you who wished to avoid the last chapter. Didn't want to leave you guys hanging without an update! Thanks for reading everyone, hope you all are enjoying!! Here we go!

 

 

From The Worse:

‘Are you doing okay? Should I come over?’

 

To The Worse:

‘No Namjoon, you can’t comfort this pain.

Please just leave me alone.’

 

From The Worse:

‘I’m sorry Sang-Oh, it was a moment of weakness.’

 

To The Worse:

‘My moment of weakness was responding to you.

Leave me alone Namjoon.’

 

From The Worse:

‘Do you hate me?’

 

She hated that question because despite how much he may have hurt her, she couldn’t find herself hating him. For the last two years, she had spent majority of her time with him, exchanging secrets and explaining feelings. He was the one who knew her the most, the person who loved her the best, and now he was nothing more than a nagging pain at every thought, a longing she could no longer fulfill. Instead of answering, her attention would settle back to the lecture, noticing that Janine’s eyes continued to glance towards her.

 

From The Worse:

‘Please don’t hate me, I sincerely love you.’

 

From The Worse:

‘I know you can’t forgive me, but please just don’t hate me.’

 

From The Worse:

‘You’re my best friend Sang…

 

Ignoring him wasn’t helping it seemed and so with a simple push of her finger, her phone would shut down and put the ultimate block on him. It wasn’t as though she didn’t wish to respond to him, but she also couldn’t forgive him for what he had done. If she continued to speak with him in such a vulnerable state, she would accept him back with no grudge, she would run to him like she always did. She wouldn’t allow herself to do that, and instead focused her attention on the table before her, Jung-Hyun and Janine engaged in a serious conversation.

“Are you avoiding me now?” A voice sounded beside her, her eyes roaming, alarmed to see Jungkook standing at her right, Jimin behind him.

“No” she lied and it was obvious as she quickly looked away from him and instead looked towards her phone like she often would, forgetting that she shut the device off. “Maybe…”

“Well stop it, it was meaningless anyways” right, meaningless… she was beginning to hate that word. “Anyways, we’re stealing her” and before she would protest, his hands would wrap around his wrist and would be pulling her to a stand, Jimin grabbing the tray that was left untouched.

Sang looked towards the duo before her for help, but they only nodded to Jungkook before returning to their now settle argument. It was obvious that she wasn’t going to be saved by those two and so with reluctance, she began to walk with them. Sitting at a table filled with strange yet familiar faces, she somehow felt more comfortable, perhaps it was because she wasn’t watching love bloom while hers just recently died.

“Sang-Oh…” Jimin spoke first and it made Sang realize that she never did thank him for standing up for her, for being a good friend despite how close they were.

“Thank you Park Jimin” she spoke instantly while bowing towards him “thank you for standing up for…”

“You don’t need to thank me” Jimin interrupted, his hand brushing her hand softly as though to reassure her that everything was fine, and she quickly withdrew her hand out of impulse, making the boy frown slightly but just as quickly perk up as though he wasn’t rejected. “Anyways, what happened between you two last night? You’re both acting kind of weird…”

It was the question she was dreading for she didn’t know how to explain it, her cheeks instantly flushing at the sudden attention aimed at her. Looking towards Jungkook for help, his eyes would be locked upon her as though pondering her own answer, a smug smirk playing at his lips. She glared at him, but was surprised when his finger touched his lips, and he hinted for her to stay silent about their interactions, making her bite into her bottom lip as she looked towards the floor.

(( My goodness does he look so... sooooo.... Gah! ))

“N..Nothing” she explained but not one person was convinced of her answer.

“Leave her alone, last night was probably awful for her…” Taehyung came to her rescue, clearing the sudden awkward tension between everyone.

‘Thank you, Kim Taehyung.’

~*~ Jimin’s POV ~*~

“Are you sure they were kissing?” Jimin asked into the phone, more surprised that Jungkook acted out on his attraction opposed to hiding behind anger and fear. “Maybe you saw things differently…”

“I’m sure, I saw Jungkook kiss Sang-Oh” Yoongi spoke with a huff of annoyance for being unbelieved by the younger “I think she kissed him back, but it doesn’t count considering…”

It was no longer a question of if Jungkook was attracted to the girl, Jimin already had his answers and now the boy couldn’t deny it. He could call it meaningless, could shrug it off to Sang-Oh, but he couldn’t lie to his best friend of several years. Jimin knew him better than anyone, and it was proven when he brushed his hand against Sang-Oh, bringing very glaring eyes within his direction, Jimin fighting hard to hide the smile that threatened to take his lips at the sudden jealousy.

Then that only left one person left towards this romance, and as his eyes scanned her blushing face, and her stuttering answer, he felt disappointed slightly. He couldn’t read it like he could read Jungkook, he didn’t know her well enough to determine her reaction. Yet he was extremely aware of Jungkook’s reaction, which proved Yoongi’s words even further. Jungkook had kissed her, and judging from his smirk along his thin lips, he enjoyed it.

Yet like the annoyance he was, Taehyung had managed to break apart the conversation and instead stole Jungkook’s attention, allowing Jimin to slide over to Sang-Oh. “Thank you” she spoke softly, and Jimin could only shake his head at her words, for he didn’t feel the need to be thanked.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you” he sighed out, but she quickly denied him the guilt as a soft smile took her lips.

“It was his story to tell, so no worries. I appreciate that you didn’t.” He could see it in moment like this, why Jungkook would feel attracted towards her. She was mature, the type to take responsibility for other people’s actions, the type to smother you in love and understanding, almost motherly but much more enticing. She would make a good wife, an even better mother, and so she had a future, and Kim Namjoon was an idiot for throwing it away.

He was about to ask her how she was feeling but was silence when seeing Kana making her way towards their table, her eyes locking on Jungkook. Every fiber of his being wished to deny the girl the luxury of even seeing the boy, yet he could only stare which also brought Sang’s attention towards the female. Yet both were ignored as she instead sat beside Jungkook, and pulled his attention from Taehyung with a tap to his shoulder, his eyes growing cold as they realized who had touched him.

“Who is that?” Sang asked softly, Jimin’s eyes glancing back towards her, pondering what he should answer with.

“Jungkook can answer that question…”

~*~ Kana’s POV ~*~

“Hey Kook” she spoke softly, despite how cold his stare had become towards her.

“Hey” he responded but his voice lost any hint of happiness that it once held, and it was obvious she was no longer allowed to have that side of him.

She made a lot of mistakes in her life, her biggest however was the boy who was now frowning in her direction, and for a second she could have almost remembered what it was like when he smiled at her. She didn’t wish to leave him, but she also couldn’t stay in the relationship considering just how bi-polar he could become when things didn’t go his way. One minute he was the sweetest boyfriend a girl could ask for, then the next he was complaining about how she spent to much time with her friends opposed to himself. It drove her away, and now she wished that she stayed.

“Kookie” a female’s voice pulled her attention from the cold eyes that glared at her, alarmed at how quickly his eyes adjusted towards the girl, proving that she was now his main center of attention, and something about it hurt deep inside “you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine” he spoke but still stood himself up from the table and walked towards the girl, and she recognized as Sang-Oh, the girl in which he spoke of earlier this week. She watched with a broken heart as she too stood up and walked away with him, both seemingly lost within a conversation, her attention falling back towards the two males who seemed to have been eyeing her since she sat down.

“He hates me…” She admitted more to herself than she did towards them but was surprised when Taehyung of all people suddenly cleared his throat.

“I wouldn’t say that” which was odd that he would be the one comforting her, considering Taehyung had been the rudest towards her after the initial breakup “he’s just awkward around you. Give him some time to adjust to you being here, and maybe he’ll come around again.”

“It seems he doesn’t have reason to anymore…” She pointed towards the duo who were slowly making their way out of the cafeteria, surprised when Taehyung began to laugh, forcing her eyes back towards the boxy smile, noticing that Jimin was glaring towards the boy.

“That’s his new step-sister” Taehyung finally revealed, Kana raising her eyebrow slightly at such an announcement “her mother is marrying his father this summer, they can barely stand each other, it’s surprising they are acting civil now.”

“Is that so…?” Kana asked while drawing her attention towards the doubles doors that had closed behind them, trying her best to hide the smirk that took her lips. “How… beautiful.”