~~ Chapter Forty ~~

"Tell No One"

Authors Notes:

Just wanted to take the time out and thank each and every one of you who continued to stand by this story and encourage me to continue writing it. It's coming to an end, and will only have one or two more chapters. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed reading this! Thank you again, for being my muse.

As always, credits of gifs to rightful owners.

 

Kana had witnessed a lot of things with Jungkook, including his controlling behaviors and the softer side that he allowed to come out when they were alone. What Kana could not recall however, was a time where Jungkook didn’t stand tall and strong. No, she had never seen Jeon Jungkook look so pathetic, look so lost and uncertain of anything within his life. She had heard rumors that he didn’t take their breakup well, but those rumors died down and were powerless compared to the whispers that flooded the halls when Sang-Oh left.

“How’s he doing?” She decided to ask Taehyung, the one who always seemed to be beside his friend and constantly listening to the truths that the school would never be able to hear.

“Better” Taehyung admitted with a shrug of his shoulder “but it’s obvious. He’s hurting” Kana knew that Jungkook was, she could see it in every fake smile that took his lips, with every fake sound of laughter that putted from his chest.

“She’s coming back home…” Kana admitted the words she once dreaded to say, the words that had threatened to steal her happiness. “She emails Jackson regularly, and said that she would make it back home shortly.”

“Why are you being nice?” The question was asked with suspicion, and Kana didn’t blame the male for drawing the wrong thoughts, for Kana had been horrible and bratty. That was until she realized that Jungkook wasn’t her happiness, that seeing him would only bring her misery opposed to the sweet butterflies she once felt.

“It would be nice to see him happy again” Kana admitted the reason that her heart had finally changed it’s opinion, for she realized slowly and much to her enjoyment, that Sang-Oh was the only woman that Jungkook would accept at his side. “He’s waited so long…”

“He hasn’t been waiting” Taehyung whispered “he’s just not interested in anyone else. He doesn’t have a choice but to wait for her to return, because his heart refuses to love anyone else. It’s not that he chooses to wait for her return, but more like he didn’t have a choice. It’s sad, that they both must suffer for their happiness to be touched again.”

“That’s beautiful” Kana whispered without thought, a small blush taking her cheeks when glancing towards the wide eyes that stared at her, obviously questioning what her words had meant, how she could find beauty in the torture of madness, the fight for sanity. “To know that someone loves you enough to leave, without holding you accountable to wait… Yet they waited, because they felt it too. It’s beautiful. I’m jealous.”

“You shouldn’t be…” Taehyung murmured “love may seem beautiful up close and in person, but from afar, you can see the damage of it’s effects. It’s not healthy to wish for that…”

“That’s because one must suffer to understand pleasure. We learn as humans by getting hurt” Kana breathed out “and we learn what love is, by letting go and seeing who comes back. He didn’t come back for me, so that means I should let him go. Right?”

Taehyung stood there silent, pursing his lips and in pure thought of what was being spoken, his head cocking just the slightest towards the right. “It’s better to let go, then to hold on for something that won’t come” Taehyung finally spoke the words that formed within his head, contemplating every syllable, knowing his words were honest yet harsh. “We learn as humans, by letting go” he repeated her phrase, her head nodding in complete understanding.

“So, what about you? What’s your story Kim Taehyung?” Kana questioned, her eyes finally seeing the male presented before her, opposed to a mere stepping stone to step on. She didn’t ask out of pity for not seeing him all these years, but she asked in pure interest in how he knew such harsh lessons. Surely, Taehyung had learned them from somewhere, and perhaps two broken pieces could fit together to form a single piece. She knew it would take time to form and mend, but love was patient, and she was learning from Jungkook and Sang-Oh, who’s love was withstanding the course of time.

“Me?” Taehyung asked, his goofy smile painting across his lips as though nothing in this world could bother him, and perhaps there were many dark secrets that filled that boxy smile. Maybe there wasn’t. “There isn’t much to say about my story, it’s not mine to tell” he considering the thought a moment, a soft yawn parting his thin lips “but if you have the time, maybe coffee will help me recall it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“Why do you keep insisting that she will come back? Hasn’t Jungkook suffered enough?” Janine’s eyes widened when Jung-Hyun had entered the dorm in a heated fashion, his eyes full of malice and his features purged together so tightly, that it was a wonder how he maintained his flawless wrinkle free skin.

Janine didn’t have to ask where her boyfriend had been all day, it was stated loudly through his words and actions. He obviously went to his family’s house to spend the day with his loved ones, which also including Jungkook, the boy Janine often went to speak with during her lunch break from school. He would often ask her complicated questions, yet the answers were always simple for they were always the truth, they were what she honestly believed to be correct.

“Sang-Oh isn’t coming back Janine, it’s been over a year” he spat the words with ease, proving that he doubted her best friend and the love she felt for the boy who stole and captured her wild heart, the girl who mended the boy with sincere care and affection.

“She’s coming back” Janine spoke in a calm manner, her eyes falling back towards the puzzle that laid flat across the kitchen table, placing yet another piece into the large mess, thankful that it fit and connected, as though encouraging her to continue having strength to believe in Sang-Oh, the girl who helped Janine witness her own strengths.

“I give up” Jung-Hyun sighed in complete defeat which paused the completion of the puzzle, Janine’s eyes slowly casting to the man who stole her heart several long years ago, a soft yet sad smile taking hold of her lips, her body inching closer towards the male, her hand softly wiping away at the angered expression, until she felt his body relax and his eyes softened to stare at her. “You two don’t give up, do you?” He whispered softly, bringing her fingers towards his lips if only to peck at the soft skin against her knuckles.

“We can’t give up on love. It can’t fight for itself, so we must fight for it instead” Janine spoke with confidence, curling herself into a ball that fit perfectly at his side, enjoying the arm that wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her closer, connecting the pieces together, just like the large puzzle piece. “She wouldn’t have ran away from her problems, Sang-Oh is a fighter. She fights for the things she wants in her life… She wouldn’t care what other people thought of her.”

“I know” Jung responded, allowing his nose to breathe in the beautiful scent he had missed the entire day he spent away from it. “I just don’t understand why she wouldn’t explain it…”

“She didn’t want to force him to wait for her” Janine expressed without much thought, already asking the same question to herself every time Jungkook would ask her if Janine had heard anything from Sang. “She wanted their love to be free and willing. Just like your father’s love and marriage. It shouldn’t be forced, it should come naturally.”

“I only hope that you’re right, that we are not filling his head with a thought that may not be true” Jung admitted it, he too been telling his younger brother that Sang-Oh had left with intentions to come back, that she wouldn’t have left everything in her future for nothing. Jung also explained to Jungkook that Sang was very brave and selfless in her decision, for it also saved their father from making a horrible mistake. Yet something incredibly good happened in their life by the fated marriage. Sang-Oh brought people together, because that’s what she enjoyed doing. “Speaking of…”

“Hmm?” Janine hummed, burying her nose into her lover’s neck and breathing in his comforting scent.

“Our wedding is in three days away and you still didn’t pick out your dress” he scolded, loving the soft smile that lined his fiancés lips. Little did he know, is that Janine had ordered the dress online, with the help of an extremely inclined stylist, one of America’s best rising stars. Yet Janine knew her as someone else. Her best friend for the last year of high school career, who pushed Janine to work hard for the things she wanted.

“I’ll have a dress” Janine responded with a firm nod of her head.