~ Chapter Thirty-One ~

"Tell No One"

“What do you think you are doing Sang-Oh!?” Lee yelled venomously, so much that the girl couldn’t help but flinch slightly, her eyes falling towards the floor even though she didn’t feel much shame in her actions. “What will they say if he gets you pregnant? When my wedding is over and done with and you two are legal siblings!?” She continued to yell, her voice was relentless in the act, forcing Sang to bite into her lower lip, pondering how to answer her questions without stepping boundaries.

“We aren’t having ” she decided to stick with the truth, but it did nothing to satisfy the woman before her.

“Like that’s what’s important right? Don’t you understand what will happen if Jeon kicks us out of this house? You’ll lose everything I worked extremely hard to provide you” Lee continued, Sang nodding in understanding, not wishing to explain that Jeon was alright with their relationship, and it was probably because he didn’t wish to marry her mother.

“I love him” Sang explained instead, pride taking her eyes as she glanced towards her mother “can you say the same about your fiancé?”

“Do you think you’re the only person he will love? Look at his past Sang-Oh, you’re giving up a peaceful life for something unstable” Lee countered, avoiding the question for it would have only encouraged the two teens more.

“You’re right, the relationship is going to be unstable. We’re still kids and are still learning everything… We are going to make mistakes, we are going to hurt each other… Hell we might even break up… but at least I can say that I loved him, and the struggles were worth every damn butterfly he made me feel while it lasted. Unlike you, who will sell your heart for a price” Sang spat out, her arms crossing before her chest, not caring much about her mother’s feelings, which was something highly unusual for Sang-Oh.

“You little…” Lee didn’t have to finish the statement, her hand clapping with a cheek finished everything that needed to be said. She was obviously hurt, and her only defense against a cold wall was that of violence, making Sang’s eyes widen before narrowing coldly towards the woman. “Yes, that made me feel better” Lee spat before she could be mocked once again by the ‘spoiled’ brat. “I’ll feel even better when you are sent to America to live with your father…”

“You called dad?” Sang was almost speechless at the mention of her father, considering she hadn’t heard from the man since around the ago of six, almost eleven years ago. “I don’t even know him, let alone am I going to live with him…”

“You don’t have a choice. I told him that you are out of control, having with your soon to be brother in law…”

“We’re not having !!” She screamed this time, the tears winning their battle as they fell from her eyes effortlessly “and I’m not living with a man I don’t even know! I’m almost an adult!”

“You don’t have a CHOICE!”

“I don’t even know him!” Sang screamed back “and I’m graduating this year!”

“Guess your graduating in America, the choice is final. He’s on his way to come get you now, and my wedding will take place. Do you understand me child?” Lee spoke in a sing-like voice, as though her wedding was of the most importance, opposed to the unlimited amount of credit cards she could have in her name.

“If I move out, Jeon will leave you” Sang was trying her hardest to come up with excuses as to why she couldn’t leave, and this was much larger than just Jungkook. Everything she had built was in Korea, not in America, and all of her efforts would be for nothing if she left. Sure, she’d be upset about having to leave Jungkook too, but her future came first, considering she spent years building it. “You won’t have anything to hold against him…”

“You’re wrong there, I have several things to hold against him….”

“I’m pregnant…” Sang spoke instead “and it’s Jungkook’s. You can’t force me to take his child away…” She was lying through her teeth, and for once she hoped that she sounded convincible.

“Then I’ll have to make an appointment to the doctors, so we can get rid of that problem… Now won’t we? I should have done the same when your father got me pregnant.”

“Absolutely not” a voice came from behind her, and she didn’t have to question who it was for soon his arms would snake around her waist and pull her towards his chest. “You’re not going to harm my child” Jungkook spat harshly “and my father is already aware of it, how could you defend yourself from harming his first grandchild? He’d be extremely upset with you, might even kick you out…”

Sang’s eyes widened as her arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer to her trembling body, thankful that he cared enough to go with her lie. He knew she was lying, they never did anything like that and had only became official less than an hour ago. Yet he stood his ground as though he actually believed the words, her eyes glancing back towards the woman she thought she could look up to, seeing a whole new side of a greedy person.

“The wedding he’s planning isn’t for you and him, it’s for us” Jungkook hummed, and his neck strained which meant that he must have been smirking or smiling “and if you touch my soon to be wife, I’ll have you put in jail for harassment.”

~~~~~~

“You didn’t have to go along with that lie…” Sang spoke softly while she cuddled into his side, tears still staining her cheeks, not believing how selfish her mother was being in this entire arrangement.

“Of course I did, she was threatening to take away my oxygen” Jungkook answered, his fingers getting lost in the curly mess of hair, his free hand wiping away the tears that she was shedding. “I love you, I can’t lose you Sang-Oh. I’d lie again if I had too… Just for you though…”

“She’s going to call your father…” Sang murmured, putting an end to the lie they both pressed on, and who knew what kind of result that would bring forth. “Aren’t you nervous? What if he actually believes that I’m pregnant…”

“I wasn’t entirely lying when I said she can’t take away my child… I can get you pregnant…”

“No” Jungkook’s eyes widened at the sudden rejection, and something about it hurt deep inside, perhaps because she was also rejecting the offer of marriage. “We’re too young Jungkook… I have dreams that I wish to follow, and you still have two years of school left.”

“So what, I want you beside me while I do them” Jungkook spoke with confidence, never being more sure in his life about someone.

“I will be beside you while you achieve your goals, but it won’t be with a child in my arms. I want to finish school and go to college. I really want to be a doctor… I can’t do that if I’m taking care of a child.” Sang was being stern in her answers, considering the frown that took his lips was all the protest she needed without verbal words. “It’s not like we can get married, you’re not even of legal age” Sang admitted, pondering if her mother came up with the same conclusion “neither am I. I’d need my mother’s consent.”

“So, you’re just going to give up?” Jungkook spat and it made Sang flinch slightly, her eyes peeking up to stare into his own.

“If it comes by force, it’s not love” Sang expressed her opinion, Jungkook nodding as though in understanding.

“I know…” Jungkook admitted, and Sang was surprised when a soft smile took over his lips and he rolled himself to the side, pulling her closer into his arms and snuggling into her neck “I just wanted you to know, that I would do anything to keep you beside me… I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be sorry” Sang whispered back “just love me while we have the chance to love.”