~ Chapter Twenty-One ~

"Tell No One"

~~ ‘I’m terrified of touching you, because I destroy everything I wish to build…’

He avoided her with every chance he could get, using the lame excuses of helping Jung-Hyun with something trivial, or helping his father work on the cars. It was affecting her and he could see it with every smile that suddenly dropped, with every sad glance she would offer him. She tried speaking to him on several occasions, but he had learned to quickly that he wasn’t correct, he wasn’t what she would need in this life, he’d be her downfall and she couldn’t afford the extra weight.

His sanctuary came in the middle of the night when he knew she was sleeping and wasn’t worried about speaking with him. He found that if he didn’t return to his room until late night, she would be long asleep and he wouldn’t have to worry about interactions. Yet it seemed that tonight, his plan had been reversed as he heard his door creaking open and a sleepy figure emerged from the small cracks.

“What do you want?” He asked, feeling her eyes on his figure despite the blankets that covered him, and it was odd just how empty and lonely he felt within her presence.

“It wasn’t meaningless” she whispered into the silent room, but he swore that she had yelled at him. “Nothing about you is meaningless” she continued to speak, gaining some voice behind the words opposed to a whisper, and Jungkook couldn’t help but to pull down the covers slightly to glance towards her.

“It was, we can’t be together like that” Jungkook had convinced himself of that after his anger had finally come to an end, sitting himself into a seating position as he eyed her carefully.

“Doesn’t mean that what I feel towards you is meaningless” she explained softly, running her hand along the back of her neck, proving she was just as nervous as himself if not more so. “I said things that I shouldn’t have because I didn’t mean them.”

“Sang…” he wanted to avoid this because it was only going to make things worse, it wasn’t going to help his feelings at all if he knew she returned them. It was only going to drive him to the point of insanity, going to break him until there was nothing but shattered pieces left to sweep up.

“I hate liars, and I have lied to you” she interrupted before giving him the chance to explain how much pain he was suddenly feeling, how much fear was clouding his mind and heart… How much he was contradicting himself, because he also couldn’t deny just how fast his heart was racing within his chest, how much he wished things were different and they could have been together. “It hurts me that you are avoiding me, because I wish to have your attention” she admitted, and he lost himself into the madness, and Jungkook lost control of himself. He craved hearing more, he craved happiness.

“Come here” he whispered softly, stretching out his arms for her to crawl into them, and he was surprised by how quickly she accepted the offer, no longer feeling awkward as she pushed herself further into his embrace, allowing him the luxury of breathing in her scent and feeling her arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

“You’re shirtless” she spoke suddenly as though just realizing his chest, causing his eyes to roll as he mumbled under his breath.

“Thank you Captain Obvious” and suddenly he felt shy and consciously aware of just how close her body was pressed towards his, forcing him to turn towards his stomach and looking away from her.

Yet was stunned by the beautiful sound that claimed his ears as she sincerely laughed, nudging herself closer towards him. He had determined that if any other hardship came into his life and he was struck dead right at this exact moment, it would have been worth it to simply hear that beautiful sound one more time. He was desperate suddenly to hold onto this strange sensation that suddenly flooded him and so within seconds he had turned himself about and pull her into his chest, holding her silently in hopes that she wouldn’t run away like Kana had, would be strong enough to stand beside him while he learned.

“We can’t be together in that way” she spoke softly, running her fingers along his chest as her eyes followed the movements “but we can be together in our own special way…” she explained softly, glancing up towards him and he swore that a hammer had hit his chest hard enough to take his breath away “so don’t leave my side, and don’t push me away from yours… okay?”

He hadn’t a choice but to nod in agreeance to her statement, and he was certain that at that moment, he would have complied to anything she desired. If only to taste her soft lips again, if only to hear the beautiful sound of her laughter, if only to hold her closer in his arms while she slept peacefully at his side. He would have given her anything, and yet all she asked for was the one thing he wanted in return, and that was when he knew… He didn’t love Kana… What she gave him wasn’t love… He never felt this way before…

“I love you” he spoke the foreign words and all the heat within his body quickly left it when her eyes widened and fell up towards his own, panic quickly taking hold of every fiber within his being “I..I didn’t m… mean to say that so suddenly” he spoke in a nervous tone, even more surprised when feeling a soft kiss on his shoulder, making himself and time stand still for a second, if only to appreciate the beauty of her lips on his skin.

“Goodnight” she whispered softly, him nodding while planting a soft peck to her forehead, loving how perfectly she fell into his hold and his embrace.

“Goodnight” he whispered while pulling her close, ensuring she couldn’t escape his grip.

~~ ‘Yet I’m more terrified of not touching you, because I can’t stand to lose what you make me feel… How you make me feel complete again…’

~*~ Jung’Hyun’s POV ~*~

He wasn’t an idiot and so it was clear that Jungkook was once again ignoring Sang-Oh which was becoming a normal thing within the house. What was odd however, was that Sang-Oh seemed to be chasing him, as though desperate to catch up to his running speed. He didn’t understand what was happening, but he had gathered enough with his analysis and quick judgement, that the rumor around school wasn’t entirely just a rumor. They were spotted kissing outside of Jungkook’s favorite pizzeria, and though he wished to not believe in the words, the proof was becoming obvious.

“They’re going to get hurt” Jung-Hyun expressed towards the female who seemed just as stunned and confused about the news. “Our parents will be getting married within the next month, it would legally make them siblings, and it’s against the law to be in a romantic relationship with someone legally related to you. Not to mention how my dad would react when they come clean about it…”

“I’m sure it’s just a passing fling. Namjoon really hurt Sang-Oh” Janine offered with a small smile, but it was obvious from her concerned expression that she didn’t believe in her own words.

“That’s what scares me the most, Jungkook couldn’t handle another heartache. He’s damaged enough” Jung-Hyun responded while running his hands through his hair, unsure of how to feel but knowing he was feeling frustrated, but he wasn’t sure at who just yet.

“I’m sure that’s not true…”

“Don’t you remember how much he used to smile, how much he would love to hang out with your brother and play video games until the next morning? Remember how he used to laugh at the stupidest things and be understanding over the most extreme? I remember that boy, but he’s no longer around. Instead, I see a boy dying at the sight of his ex, moping around the house instead of playing with his friends. You can’t deny the reality Janine” he was harsh, but he couldn’t help it. Everyone was always in denial when it came to Jungkook and how unstable he was, including their father who refused to pay for therapy. Everyone turned a blind eye to the truth… and yet a stranger… was able to see it clearly.

~

“Don’t mind him, he just gets grumpy sometimes” he had spoken in an apologetic manner, and yet the girl did nothing but smile brightly as though already in on a secret that was left unspoken.

“Don’t apologize, he’ll come to me on his own terms. He’s dealing with a lot of stress, so I understand” she spoke softly and so understandingly, that Jung-Hyun could only ponder what hardships she had to endure to be standing before him that day.

“Thank you…”

“For what?” Sang asked cluelessly, as though accepting Jungkook’s out lash was to be expected, as though it was owed to him, but in fact it was because she had a kind heart could she accept it.

“For understanding him…”

~

“If it was a different situation, I would encourage it…” Jung spoke helplessly “but I don’t see them lasting, there are to many obstacles standing in their way…”

“Then you obviously don’t know Sang-Oh very well” Janine spoke with a shrug of her shoulders “that girl is mad scary when she is determined to do something, and nothing will stop her when she feels that she’s doing the right thing. You need to have more faith in people, or you’ll never see the brighter side of the tunnel.”

“Our parents won’t accept it” Jung continued to press, and was silenced when feeling a pair of arms wrap around his waist and pull him into a tight embrace.

“That’s their battle to fight, and if they feel it’s worth it, they’ll fight it. You can’t play the hero here, the balls not in your court anymore, you can only accept it and be their support when they need. Sang-Oh is a smart girl, she wouldn’t do anything that is purposeless.”

He nodded towards her words as he glanced down at her, thankful that someone so understanding was standing beside Sang-Oh, considering she would need someone when the truth came out. “You’re amazing” he whispered, running his fingers along her forearm which caused a faint blush to take her cheeks. “Thank you Park Janine, for being so amazing.”

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey there, I want to thank everyone for subscribing and those of you who upvoted. You guys are seriously my motivation to continue writing. Now that we got feelings out in the open within the story, their battle begins! I warn that their love isn't going to be the fluff love that most people endure, it's going to be sad, depressing almost. It's like getting an icecream, but unable to taste it due to those around you ordeal. Either way, I hope you guys continue to enjoy the story, and I'm sorry it took so long to update this chapter. 

Next Chapter will feature Got7's Jackson!!