Epilogue | 3

Let Me Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE's POV

"Jisung-ah!" I called outside and opened the door. I saw Jisung with a girl. They turned their heads on me, and I saw tge girl I love until now. It's Wendy.

I feel so happy to see her. Almost 5 years hadcpassed and yet, here we are, staring at each others eyes. Falling at each other's gaze.


I was trying my best to compose myself and not breakdown and cry in front of her. I know I hurt her but what is more painful to me was that I was the reason why she got hurt, and it pained me all those years that had passed.


"Wendy-sshi?" there you go Irene, you can do it.


"I-Irene?" She asked. I studied her expression. Clearly she has happiness in her eyes but she can't also hid the pain in her eyes.


I really want to hug her right now, and say sorry again for what I've done. But it won't work. Now the situation had been more complicated. I have Jisung now, and I am not sure if you can accept him if he is not related to you by blood. It's painful to say but maybe it's the end for us.


Just then, someone at the door--joining me, had interupted the sad atmosphere.


"Jisung-ah, can you go downstairs and play with Renjun and Chenle? , I think your mom and your tutor needs to talk" Joy said and offering her hands for Jisung to hold.

then I smiled at Jisung and nodded my head as Jisung ask me through his eyes. He ran to his Aunt Joy and they both exited the room.


I can't blame Joy if she doesn't tell me tgat it's Wendy. Because I know that she just care for me. And doesn't want me to hurt Wendy again. Or maybe, she doesn't know that it's Wendy.

I walked inside the room of my son and sat on his bed. Wendy eyed me and I pat the space of the bed right next to me--signaling her to sit down. She understood what I've said and sat next to me.


I can tell that she is nervous because she is looking at the floor and she is rubbing her thigh. A habit that she does back then whenever she is nervous.


"So...You're the tutor of Jisung?" I ask to break the atmosphere.


"You can tell" Wendy then smiled and looked me. How I missed those gaze. Those pretty eyes that draws you in. And her voice that can make you fall in love whenever you hear it. "A-are you Jisung's mother?" she asked as she removed the smile on her lips while she was still looking at me.

 

I want to tell her 'no, he's not mine. I just adopted him' so that we can start again if she has still feelings for me. But then I realized, Jisung needs me. And as his mother, I must chose his happiness over me. 

 

"Yes. Jisung is my son" I said honestly while looking at the floor.

 

I eyed Wendy and she looked... dissapointed at the suden confession. 

 

 

"O-oh... I see. You must had him when I left back then, h-he is 4 years olf after all" Wendy said. 

 

 

Why are you stuttering Seungwan? Do you still have feelings for me?

 

 

"What about his father?" She continued asking me

 

"What?" I asked at her sudden question

 

She took a deep breath and then held my hand. I can't help but to feel the same back then when she held my hand. Like those butterflies in my stomach are in high, like electricity are flowing through my body, and my heart doing solstice. "Joohyun, Leaving you back then was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I should have let you approach me. Joohyun, I still have feelings for you~" she said with those sincere gaze she had. 

 

"Why are you telling me this Wendy-sshi?" I asked while still looking at her. She seems serious.

 

"Because if you don't have Jisung's father, and if you had any feelings left for me, we can be a happy family by then" she said.


 

None of us had said anything. We are just looking at each other's eyes. But I can feel, every second, her face was getting close into mine. Before I know it, she was already kissing me. 

 

I didn't kiss her back, but I closed my eyes. 

 

 

I was also convinced as we kiss. But I cant give you any burden to take care of Jisung. I love you so much that I can't stand watching you suffer.
 

 

I opened my eyes and pushed Wendy lightly--which caused her to be curious.

 

"Wendy-sshi, I can't. We can't. We can't be together. I am married with Jisung's father. I am sorry, you should have let me apologize back then. But you didn't. I didn't know what to do back then, so I headed to a club and drank. I don't have any idea what had happened back then. I just woke up in the morning, , with Bogum--Jisung's father. I don't have any feelings for him back then, but as time goes by, I start to develop my feelings with him. And I am happy right now with my family, Wendy-sshi" As I said it while looking at the floor. 

 

After all, it's hard to lie while looking at her. It's not entirely a lie, it's true how I had Jisung. I was drunk as hell back then. But the part where I start to develop some feelings for Bogum? It's not true. And the part where I said that I am happily married? It's not true. I looked at Wendy and she was bowing her head--her hair covering her face so I can't really see what her expression is. When you Wendy left me, I went to the club to get drunk. I have no idea what happened after that, but when I woke up, I wad already and Bogum was beside me. Bogum had courted me but I never accepted his feelings. Then one day, I found out that I am pregnant. I never told Bogum that I am pregnant but he knew it, he is rich after all so he can pay his people to gather information. He offered me marriage but I didn't accepted it. Then, one day he came back and offered me something. He said that if I don't accept it, he will take Jisung away from me. But he said that he won't do it, if I used His surname 'Park' as Jisung's surname  and let my surname 'Bae' his middle name and let him see Jisung whenever he wants, he will leave Jisung under my care. I realized that it was a win-win situation so I agreed.

 

After a few seconds, I can hear sniffs. I looked at Wendy and then I can see her tears falling from her eyes. She was crying. I never thought that this coupd affect her like this. Did I went too far?

 "I-I need to go. It's getting late" Wendy said and stood up while her head was still hanging low. Then, she bowed and ran outside of the room.

 

I tried to follow her but Joy had held my hand when I went out of the room. I looked at her but she just shook her head and her eyes are telling me 'it's not yet the time, Unnie'. 

 

 

I look at the door which was left open after Wendy had came out. I am sorry Wendy, but I can't hurt Jisung. I am sorry If I am hurting you again.

 

 

.......

 

 

WENDY's POV

I decided to woman up. After all, I have promised myself that I won't let you go if we ever meet again. And yet here we are. I decided to woman up and told you that I want to be with you again--with your son and we can become a happy family. I can't help myself and decided to kiss you, yet after a few seconds, you pulled away. And told me the news that I don't want ever to hear.

 

You telling me how you had a happy family was merely a torture for me, especially when you are using formalities to call me and treating me like a complete stranger. Tears started to betray my eyes as I am listening to your story. I never expected it would be this painful to hear that you had fallen for someone. Especially when it you told that you are happily married.

 

 

When I arrive, Suddenly, my phone rang so I fished my phone in my pocked and looked at the caller's ID, it was Joy. So I compose myself first so I won't sounde like I cried before.

 

"Hello?" 

"Wendy Unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter