Can you Feel Irene's Sincerity?

Let Me Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(IRENE’S POV)

Wendy started to tell something about her mom. And I just layed down while looking at her looking at the sky.

 

“well, my mom. My mom? She was not really important to me right now”

 

“And why is that?” I asked her But she just sighed and then starts to tell something.

 

“There’s a time when my dad had an accident years ago. He was in a coma, and he needed to have an operation immediately. And you know our place, we don’t have lot’s of money to afford the operation. We only can afford ¼ % of the operation bill. Then, my mom, my mom said, “Relax Wendy, I’ll go to Canada to get some money in my family’s share” I did let her travel, carrying the only money we have got. Then, days pass by, until it turned to days, into months, until it turned to years, my mom never even showed up” Wendy then smiled, probably because from remembering the pain from that memory.

 

“ But, if your mother had not shiwed up for one year, then who paid for you father’s operation?” I asked out of curiosity

 

“yeah, that, uh, I’m sorry I forgot to tell you about that, hehe. Yeah, I’ve waited for what? Like, 2 months for my mother to come back, but like I said, she never did right?” she turned her head to me and I nodded. “Well, after that two months, I was talking to the persin in charge in the billing, and they said that everything is all covered. Everything, including the operation fee, the hospital fee, medicines and the doctors fee. Dad had surgery done that day, and it was successful”.

 

“I see, but… do you know who paid the fees?”

 

“actually, I did asked the person in charge in the billing, but.. the one who paid had her orders to say only her first name and the initial of her last name”

 

“And, what is her name?”

 

“Well, I was shocked that it was a foreign name, since I didn’t have any friends back in Canada. Ad the name ‘Clarisse K.’ didn’t sound so familiar at all”  I nodded. But I repeat the name in my head. ‘Clarisse K.’ it sounded familiar. Like I have heard it a lot of times.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter