Let's Begin

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 07

LET'S BEGIN

 

 

"Holy cow."

Jaehyun and Taeyong both widened their eyes and looked away. Jaehyun hid his smile by faking a cough while Taeyong turned red.

"Why don't you roll on the floor to make it more dramatic?" Yuta looked at each one of them, judging them, especially Jaehyun.

"You'll be the one to roll on the floor if you don't leave this room immediately." Jaehyun countered. 

Yuta then smirked, "I didn't know the CEO is now part of the graphics team."

Jaehyun wanted to retort, but he noticed that Taeyong was getting uncomfortable, so he reluctantly told the guy to go to his office and wait for him in there. Taeyong nodded and left the room. 

"Damn, Jae! I didn't know you have it in you. So, Mystic Man is now our brother-in-law?"

"He has a name."

"Ohh… protective. You didn't even protest when I call him brother-in-law. What are you planning?"

Jaehyun faced his annoying friend and fought the urge to kick him out. "Is that all you have to say? I have a lot to do today, and wasting my time on you is not one of them," he said, ignoring Yuta's question.

"You're taking over the project?"

Jaehyun sat down at his drawing table and set up his materials, pieces of white papers, and newly sharpened pencils.

Yuta frowned. It was the first time since they were in university that Jaehyun would personally handle the graphic design. "And you're going to do it manually."

"I created Mystic Man, I know where I left off, so I'm the only one who knows where to continue," Jaehyun told him honestly, but of course, knowing Yuta, he didn't buy it.

"Or maybe you want Lee Taeyong for yourself. Minho was the best when it comes to facial expressions. He will be perfect for the job." Yuta said, referring to their top graphic designer and provoking his friend at the same time.
Jaehyun put the pencil he was holding down and looked at Yuta dead in the eyes. "I will do Mystic Man myself."

That didn't come outright. Jaehyun mentally facepalmed.

Yuta laughed, "Of course you can do Lee Taeyong. Don't worry. The bro code protects him."

The CEO was ready to break their friendship at that moment, but he stopped himself because he knew that Yuta was right. That could've happened if the Japanese didn't barge all of a sudden how he loved to touch that milky white skin and kiss those cherry lips until he ran out of breath while looking at those eyes at the same time. Of course, he didn't give Yuta the satisfaction to hear that from him, but he knew that the Japanese knew already. He was not the resident playboy for nothing.

The Japanese shook his head, acting like he believed Jaehyun. He got it bad. Yuta gently massaged his boss' shoulders, and they were tensed. "I don't know what's stopping you. We are living in a new world where gay marriage is now legal, and even males can get pregnant and create a family."

Yuta was right. Science had developed so much during the past decades. A single injection can activate the reproductive organs of the male. It was controversial when discovered and released, but society started to accept it. Most countries legalized same- marriage. 

The government created rules concerning medicine. Couples can get the shot, but it has to be a mutual decision, married or not. Because of this, many children were born with both male or female parents.

Not everyone accepted this change and approved the law. There were still conservative families whose perception of gays didn't change. That was the very reason why a lot of gays were still reluctant to come out in the open, especially those who belonged to these families.

"Nothing is stopping me." Jaehyun allowed Yuta to massage his shoulder. He often did it to them, and he was good at it. He needed it anyway.

"Then go after that fine specimen."

Jaehyun gave him a warning look, not happy with his choice of words. Yuta raised his arms in surrender.

"We just met, like yesterday."

"Does it matter? Even Johnny believes in love at first sight. About time to get brave and get yourself a boyfriend."

"You sound so gay right now." Jaehyun sighs.

"Because I am." Yuta winked and left the room.


 ***


Jaehyun went back to his office and found Taeyong sitting on his sofa. He was playing with his fingers and seemed to be in deep thought. He didn't notice Jaehyun enter the room.

Jaehyun even sat in front of him, but he didn't even notice him. That gave the older the time to look and study his face. 
Taeyong had a beautiful pair of eyes that seemed to mirror what he feels. At that moment, Jaehyun could tell that he had an internal battle. His nose was just perfect, and his slightly parted lips were inviting him. How Jaehyun wished he could kiss those lips that moment. But of course, he didn't because Taeyong will be terrified, and that was the last thing on his mind. 

Jaehyun knew he wanted the man the moment he saw him. He chose him to be the face of his game character because it suited him, and there was an unexplained voice from within that tells him not to let Taeyong go. The voice that said to him that he would regret it for the rest of his life if he let Lee Taeyong out of his sight. So Jung Jaehyun decided to be selfish.

The media and the gamers can feast on Mystic Man, but the man behind the game character will always be his.
Now both of them were in deep thoughts when it was Johnny who came. Unlike Yuta, he had the manners to knock but without waiting for a reply.

He entered while looking at the files he was holding. "Boss, here's the list of the companies who wants to advertise for the ga…." He looked up, and the view in front of him made him halt his steps.

Jaehyun looked at the man in front of him with such a gaze that Johnny had never seen before. He couldn't tell who he was looking at because the guy had his back on Johnny. No one noticed him enter, so he decided to break the silence with a soft cough which eventually turned into a real loud one because the two failed to hear him for the third time. Poor Johnny ended up choking on his saliva. That was only when both guys went back to Earth and felt the poor guy's presence.
Taeyong was surprised to find Jaehyun in front of him. He didn't even feel his presence. He was thinking of ways to talk to Winwin. That was why he failed to notice anyone around him.

Jaehyun looked at Johnny with disgust. "Don't spread your germs here. Take a day off if you're sick." He then stood up and went to his table.

Johnny was flabbergasted. He was still catching his breath, and the man dared to accuse him of spreading germs in his office. "Well, if you were not zoning out, you could've heard me enter this room. I could've prevented myself from choking myself to death."

"Drama queen," Jaehyun whispered, and Johnny heard. He wanted his boss to listen to a piece of his mind until he noticed the other guy looking at him.

"Lee Taeyong-sushi"

Taeyong gave him a small smile and bowed. "Good morning Mr. Seo."

"Johnny's fine." Johnny smiled in which Taeyong returned. 

"Ahem." It was Jaehyun's turn to fake a cough, and Johnny understood. He gave the documents and to his boss and was asked to leave.

"Come with me. We will start." Jaehyun told Taeyong, and they went once again to the drawing-room. 
Jaehyun made Tayeong sit at the center. The boss did all the job, including the light fixing and moving the necessary equipment. Taeyong tried to help, but Jaehyun told him just to sit. The air condition was working well at the right thermostat, but the CEO was sweating because of the lights. He removed his coat, neatly placed it at the back of his chair, and continued what he was doing. 

All the while, Taeyong was watching. He spotted beads of sweat coming from Jaehyun's forehead and, being the caring that he was, wanted to wipe it. Of course, he immediately dismissed the idea because that would be weird.

After fixing everything, all lights focused on Taeyong face, and he was instructed to look straight at Jaehyun. The latter then started sketching on paper. Their eyes often meet. At first, it was awkward for the both of them, but Taeyong was the first to recover when he remembered what happened last night. Once again, he was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't see the effect he had on Jaehyun.

Jaehyun lost his focus the moment Taeyong started looking at him. He knew that his thoughts were somewhere else, but he couldn't help but feel like a museum piece, and he couldn't hold it for so long. 

He was so used to facing clients of different caliber, and he can stare at them like he was plotting their deaths, making them cowered in their seats. Nothing prepared him for Taeyong. His stares were innocent but hypnotic at the same time. He had to stop countless times because he often finds himself lost in those eyes. Few hours passed, and before they know it, it was lunchtime, and Jaehyun heard Taeyong's stomach rumbled. He smiled, and Taeyong was once again given a chance to see his charming dimples.
Jaehyun ordered food for their lunch, and they ate at the office in which the other three guys found weird once again. But Jaehyun had been strange lately, so they were not that surprised anymore. They just left them to eat their lunch in peace. Taeyong happily munched on his food while Jaehyun watched him contentedly.


***

Haechan started working for NCT after his classes in the afternoon. He was more than happy to be guided by the four pillars of NCT Corp. 

The process of putting a face to Mystic Man continued for two days, and the CEO that created the game worked his magic.
The next day, Mystic Man's face was created in which Johnny, Yuta, and Taeil found themselves amazed. 

Mystic Man's face was scheduled to be seen in the game in 3 days, and the media presentation was on the same day.

Taeyong's life was about to change. 

For the better or worse, no one knew.


***


Meanwhile, somewhere in Seoul, a young guy was carrying his child and on their way to the daycare. The child was crying and didn't want to be left alone by his father once again. He knew that his resistance was worthless because it was the same routine every day. His Papa was going to leave him in the daycare with the things he needed for a whole day while he worked in the morning and attended his classes in the afternoon. He was going to see his Papa again in the afternoon. It has always been like that, and he was not happy about it. The guy was always the first to arrive and the last one in the daycare and often made fun of it. 

His Papa always told him that he had another father but can't be with him anymore. It made the child sad. He hated that his Papa had to work hard and didn't have much time to play with him. At his very young age of 3, he felt sad for his Papa and wished that his other father will look for them so that his Papa won't have to work anymore and he will have more time for him. 

But that was just too much to ask.
 

 

 

 

 

aejae22

***************************************************************

Here's my failed attempt at mpreg.

I'm sorry for those who doesnt like mpreg. I tried my best to make it close to reality.