Married

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 18

MARRIED

 

Winwin and Haechan were happy with the takeout dinner, and they ate it happily. But Taeyong just watched them eat and smiled from time to time when the two younger fought for a single piece of meat. The older wished that things were going to stay that way. Problems were always present at the Lee household. Problems with food, rent, and other necessities never left, but they were happy, contented and most definitely, at peace. 
 

Everything changed when they entered NCT Corporation and crossed path with the Jungs. Taeyong finally admitted that Winwin was right. He wished that he listen and didn't accept the offer of Jung Jaehyun. Everything started with that single mistake of accepting the offer to work at that company. Taeyong wished he listen to Winwin, but he didn’t so he started suffering the consequences of his actions and there was no way to turn back.
 

“Hyung, why don’t you join us?” Haechan stopped eating when he noticed his brother was just staring at nothing. Winwin did the same.
 

Taeyong smiled and ruffled his hair. “Just eat. I’m still full. I already ate dinner before I came home.”
 

Haechan accepted his explanation and continued eating happily.
 

After the dinner, Taeyong started to ask for their day and Winwin asked how his day was. Taeyong answered that it was great. Winwin knew it was a lie since he’d been at the neorabang and he wasn’t there. Ten also called him, worried because Taeyong didn’t go to work that morning. Something was off and Winwin knew better than to let it slide.
 

“Ten hyung was looking for you this morning. I passed by the neorabang, but the boss said you didn’t come either.”

Taeyong stiffened at this remark. “Is there something wrong, hyung?”
 

Taeyong tried to brush it off by casually saying that he went on a date that stunned his two brothers. It was not like their older brother was not likable for someone to date, it was the first time he went out on a date and it was new to them. What he said next doubled the surprise they got, in fact, they were too dumbfounded that no one let out a single word after they heard it.
 

“And-And I’m getting married.” Taeyong choked, but he held his ground and tried to act happy about it like everything was okay. “I-I hope it’s okay with you.”
 

“You’re not serious. April Fools’ over so please stop it.” Haechan’s voice broke, his mind refused to accept the fact that sooner or later their big brother will leave them to be with his partner. It was one of the things he feared the most. The fear of losing Taeyong because of marriage finally came into life.
 

“I’m not kidding, Chan. Hyung is getting married.”
 

“But Hyung…”
 

“To whom?” It was Winwin’s turn to ask, his voice was not far from Haechan's broken and shaky one. He never experienced being out of words like this before. Like Haechan, he also wished that their hyung only made fun of them and he was going to reveal the prank sooner or later. Taeyong didn’t. Instead, he held both of their hands and took a deep sigh. 
 

“I’m getting married to Jung Jaehyun.”
 

Another shock that made the two younger cry.
 

“Why him? You don’t even like him. Why so sudden? Did he force you? Are you just doing this to punish me because I didn’t agree with suing Yuta? Why, hyung?” Winwin said in between tears.
 

Taeyong shook his head and still smiled. He acted like he was really happy about his upcoming marriage. Winwin was right, it was forced but he won’t let them know about it. What they didn’t know won’t hurt them, in his case, it won’t hurt them more. It broke his heart to see his brothers in tears and how he wished to tell them that everything he said was only a joke, but it wasn’t the case. He held their hands tightly and gave them the assurance he wasn’t sure he had.
 

“You’re crying like I’m going somewhere and will not return.”
 

“Because that Jung Monkey is going to take you from us.” Haechan sobbed and went to Taeyong’s side to hug him tight. He may be in high school already but he will always be Taeyong’s baby.
 

“Haechan, don’t call Jaehyun a monkey.” Taeyong chuckled, slight lightening the mood and the youngest ignored him and sobbed loudly at his brother’s chest. “He’s going to be your hyung.”
 

“I don’t want to.” The stubborn youngest said.
 

“Why is it so sudden?” Winwin once again asked the question that kept on bugging him.
 

There was no way to answer that question without lying. Taeyong hated that he kept on feeding them with lies. It wasn’t his choice either. Lies were necessary to cover the ugly truth that it was all just a setup. A setup he was forced to come into for Haechan to continue to have his freedom, even it meant giving up his own freedom and his happiness.
 

“Because we l-love each other and when two people love each other they get married, right?” Taeyong said and hoped that his word was going to convince Winwin and himself.
 

“Why did you hide it from us? Is that why he always took you home? Is that why he offered you a job?”
 

The eldest wanted to cringe at a headache he suddenly felt with all the questions fired at him. He questioned why he had brothers that were so smart, it was almost impossible not to get a headache when answering their questions. 
So to finally make Winwin stop asking, he answered, “Yes.”

 

Win-win seemed not convinced, though, and Taeyong knew there was no way he will win against Winwin without telling the truth.
 

“Winwin-ah, can I ask you a favor?” 
 

Winwin nodded reluctantly.
 

“Please be happy for me. This is the moment that I need your support more than ever.” 
 

Finally, tears flooded Taeyong’s eyes and his true emotions came out. That was enough to tug Winwin’s heartstrings and he also went to his brother’s side to give him a tight hug like Haechan.
 

It wasn’t supposed to be sad. They were supposed to be happy because their Hyung finally found someone who will love him for the rest of his life, but Winwin and Haechan were not able to force themselves to feel that way. 
 

Taeyong was also scared, but he had to be strong for his brothers. No one was allowed to hurt or to even touch them. He failed twice already, and he won't let it happen again.
 

“I will always be here. No one is going to take me away from you.”

 

 

***
 

 

Jaehyun was nervous. No, it was an understatement. He was terrified. Inside his car, he was still waiting for Taeyong to come down so they can meet his brothers together. The younger told him that he wanted him to meet Winwin and Haechan and Jaehyun panicked for a moment. He wasn’t prepared at all. Usually, Jaehyun was a fierce businessman and instantly turn into a lion in the conference room which terrified his colleagues and potential business partners. He made his enemies cowered in their seats, but Winwin and Haechan were different. They were Taeyong’s brothers and he had to get into their good sides. He wasn’t worried that Taeyong told them about the setup since the latter was so against it, but still he was nervous. The CEO almost jumped from his seat when Taeyong knocked into his window and told him it was time. So, he took a very deep breath, checked himself in the rearview mirror, and took the gifts he bought.
 

Jaehyun was invited into his fiancé’s house for the first time. It was too small for him and he couldn’t fully imagine how the three managed to live there especially in the extreme winter weather. The house was almost dilapidated and too old for his liking. He made a mental note to have the guest room at his house prepared or even the vacant apartment next door if the brothers permit. He just couldn’t let them live in that small house again, especially now that he was going to become their brother in law. Jaehyun was ready to give everything they need as long as they live so he could compensate what he did to Taeyong. But of course, he was not going to tell his fiancé about it.
 

The looks of Winwin and Haechan scared the hell out of Jaehyun for the first time. They were looking at him like he was some kind of a murderer and they wanted to cut his hands that were attached to their brother’s. He held Taeyong’s hand the moment he climbed out of his car and they never separated since then. He was glad the younger didn’t object or even pulled away. Jaehyun was loving the feeling of their fingers intertwined together. He almost wanted to pull away the moment the two brothers saw the display of affection or just a display rather. 
 

Being scared and nervous was a new feeling for Jaehyun, and he kept on having them since he met Taeyong. That very moment, he felt like he was just waiting for his verdict. The two Lees was capable of making him squirm. He kneeled on the floor beside Taeyong and his knees already trembled. But he was trained to act professionally, he hid them very well. He smiled at the brothers despite their threatening looks and told them about their plan of getting married.
 

Winwin and Haechan were both teary-eyed, but they still looked at the CEO like an enemy so Jaehyun tried his very best to gain their trust. It was not easy and it was going to take time, but he was willing to try.
 

“What are you doing here?” Winwin started.
 

Jaehyun looked at him straight in the eye and answered confidently. “I want to marry your brother and I’m here to ask for your blessings.”
 

“You’re still going to marry him even if we don’t give it to you, so why bother?”
 

Jaehyun realized that Winwin was a tough one and he knew that the guy was going to give him a hard time.
 

“Because you’re his brothers and it’s just right to get to know my future brothers in law.”
 

“What makes you think we want you as our brother in law?”
 

“Win-win,” Taeyong interrupted, but Jaehyun stopped him and held his hand tightly. He won't let his fiance answer for him. It was his own battle to fight.
 

“I’m not expecting you to instantly like me, but I’m here to assure you that Taeyong is in good hands. I also want you to know that I’m not going to take him away from you. I want to join your family instead. In fact, I want you to live with us after we got married. My house is large enough for the four of us or if you want, I can give you the house next to mine, so you can still see your brother whenever you want to.”
 

The statement seemed to convince Haechan already and Jaehyun could tell that he managed to crumble some parts of the wall set up by the youngest already. He was happy about this since he had a soft spot for him. Too bad Mark and Haechan were best of enemies. They could’ve been best friends if his brother just treated Taeyong's youngest brother nicely. 
 

Winwin, on the other hand, was really tough and Jaehyun felt really bad for Yuta.
 

“And you think you could convince us with bribery?”
 

“I am not bribing you. I’m telling you the truth. You told me that whatever I say will not change your mind so I tell you, whatever you do, I will still marry Taeyong and I also want to give you the comfort that he will have when he marries me. I cannot just leave you alone here. Like I told you, we will be families soon and whatever I have will also be Taeyong’s and whoever he loves, I will also love.”
 

Winwin looked away, still unconvinced, but Jaehyun was glad he didn’t continue anymore. 
 

“Winwin, allow me to prove myself to you and Haechan. I will not take your brother away from you.”
 

No one said a word and Taeyong was almost convinced at Jaehyun’s words. It sounded so sincere and for countless of times, he stopped himself from scoffing, while his so-called fiancé was talking. Jaehyun was really a businessman and he knew what he was doing. 

 

 

***

 

 

After two days, a simple wedding was held at the office of Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong.  Yuta and Taeil were there, silently teasing the once again nervous Jaehyun before the ceremony started. Johnny and Ten arrived together and the two held hands, which made the three guys looked at Johnny like he grew three heads.
 

“I will explain later,” Johnny said and kissed the top of Ten’s head. 
 

“Look who’s happy.” Yuta teased. 
 

Johnny just rolled his eyes and Ten told him that he will just look for Taeyong which was in the next room, waiting.
 

“Damn it, Johnny. Is that the reason why you seem so happy these past few days? That is a nice specimen.”
 

“Stop it Yuta, unlike you, I like to stick to one.”
 

“Touché.” Yuta shrugged his shoulders and decided to just calm the nerves of the groom.

In the next room, Taeyong was having a hard time fixing his coat. It was the first time he had to wear something so formal. It was a white suit that Jaehyun chose for him with matching black Italian leaders. In his wrist was a gold Rolex which Jaehyun personal put on his wrist when they arrived. Taeyong wasn’t used to all the expensive items and he felt uncomfortable. His brothers sported the same, minus the expensive watch and Taeyong thought they look good. He just wished they would smile even just a little, especially Winwin. Jaehyun promised him that his Japanese friend will not bother Winwin at the ceremony.
 

Ten arrived and helped Taeyong fix his coat and his rumpled hair. The latter was still mad at him and gave him a pout, but he accepted his help. 
 

“Don’t give me that pout, Taeyong. I know I was wrong that I didn’t tell you about Johnny, but were even now. You didn’t even tell me about Jaehyun.” Ten said.
 

Taeyong didn’t answer and gave Ten the biggest pout he could muster. 
 

“Aish this punk. You’re getting married. If Doyoung is here, he will surely tell you to smile and enjoy your moment so please do so. Don’t give me that pout because it doesn’t suit you.”
 

Taeyong gave up and gave his best friend a tight hug. “I wish Doyoung is here, I feel bad for Kun, though. I hope he gets better soon.”
 

“I am happy for you, Tae. You deserve all the happiness in this world. I hope you’re happy.”
 

Taeyong nodded. He was getting good at acting. He had too since his brothers were looking at him. One wrong move or expression could ruin everything. Nobody knew that in a few minutes, Taeyong’s life was about to get ruined. That’s what he thought.

When the four entered the office of Jung Yunho with the equally gorgeous Kim Jaejoong at his husband's side, Mystic Man’s power came to life, and this time, Jaehyun was the only victim. The poor groom wasn't able to move and was close to tears the moment Taeyong entered the hall because the latter was just simple ethereal and breathtaking. 
Taeil was busy being happy for Jaehyun while Yuta’s eyes were fixed at Winwin. The latter took the seat the farthest from him though, but that didn’t stop the Japanese looking at him every now and then.  

 

Johnny and Ten were busy flirting with each other that Yunho had to smack Johnny’s head so he could start the ceremony. Jaejoong was mesmerized with Taeyong’s ethereal beauty and he realized why his nephew chose this guy to marry.
 

Haechan, on the other hand, walked with his crutches and sat in the first chair he reached. His eyes met the eyes of a guy in a wheelchair. He gasped when he saw Mark for the first time after the accident. The guy was seated in a wheelchair and his head was still bandaged. Haechan felt guilty, but Mark's smile told him that the guy was alright. It was the first time the guy smiled at him and it was a nice change. Haechan just wished they won’t bump into each other because after what happened, he didn’t want anything to do with him anymore even if their brothers were getting married.
 

The ceremony past by in a blur. The next thing Taeyong knew, Jaehyun had kissed him already and he heard Yunho announced that he was officially a Jung. They shared a meal and he heard his husband specifically instruct his older brother to take care of Winwin and Haechan and told him not to let  Yuta and Mark get close to them. 
 

It happened so fast that when he came out of his stance, they were already on a plane on their way to their honeymoon. He couldn’t even remember if he said a proper goodbye to his brothers. 
 

Then reality finally hit Taeyong. He was finally married to Jung Jaehyun.
 

 

aejae22

******************************************************************************************************

Hi, sorry for the late update.

It was hard to write this part. I had to imagine myself the moment when my brother have to get married.

I would probably act like Winwin and bawl like a child.

So there you go, we finally have Mr. & Mr. Jung.

I hope its okay with you if I use husband instead of wife and Mr. instead of Mrs. for Taeyong.

We all know what will happen in the next chapter.