He Lied

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 38

HE LIED

 

 

It was a scary moment. Everyone was stunned by the things that spread before their eyes. If Yeri, Jungwoo, and Lucas were late by a single second, Haechan could’ve fallen from his death, and Mark followed willingly.

Scary. Everyone was scared and shaken.

After the two landed on the cold hard floor, Mark, who was amazingly still in the right mind, wasted no time. He instructed the three to get Haechan to a safe place and emphasized never to leave him alone until he arrives. The three shakenly obliged and Lucas had to carry an equally shaking Haechan out of that place.

With great difficulty, Mark wheeled himself out of the place where Haechan almost took his own life. For weeks, it became their safest place where they were themselves and away from judging eyes. That moment, Mark didn’t want to go back to that place. All those happy memories were replaced by nightmares.

The door to their house slammed open. Worried faces welcomed him in. Doyoung who was holding a sleeping Kun is his arms, Taeil who sported a disappointed look, and the culprit, the person Mark didn’t want to see, but he needed to.

Jaehyun.

Mark still couldn’t walk, but his leg strength was enough to leap out of his wheelchair and grab his Hyung’s collar in furry.

Jaehyun just stood and allowed Mark to do whatever he wished to. He believed he deserved it after all.

“How dare you use me to get Taeyong Hyung. I didn’t know you can be this pathetic,” Mark yelled at Jaehyun’s face. His legs started to lose their strength, but he didn’t let him go. He wanted to know why and he was determined to get his answers.

Jaehyun didn’t say a single word, though. He didn’t even try to defend himself to his brother. He just stood there, looking down at the carpeted floor. He just dropped by to see Taeil to tell him that he’ll go ahead to Japan, it was unfortunate that Mark saw him there.

“You were having fun while I tried my best to apologize to Haechan. You used me and Haechan so you can get what you want, you selfish !”

“Mark!” Taeil warned his brother, but of course, there was no way Mark was going to listen.

“Haechan almost jump from this building because he was blaming himself for what happened to his hyung. He didn’t even do anything. It was my fault and yet you used it, you used us!” Tears were falling down from Mark’s eyes. 

The scene when Haechan was at the edge of the railings of that very building they were in kept on replaying on his mind.

“I’m s-sorry,” was all Jaehyun could say.

“Sorry?” Mark mocked a laughter, and he finally let his body fall back to the wheelchair.  “You fire employees with the tiniest mistake, and you wouldn’t even give them a chance to say sorry and yet, here you are saying the word you hated the most?”

Jaehyun kept looking down. He didn’t even try to look up to meet the furious eyes of his brother.

 “You tried so hard to build this family, and in the end, you are also the one who destroyed it, You even included Taeyong Hyung’s family into your mess. I guess it’s just right that you say sorry, but I’m sorry, too. There’s no forgiveness this time. I won’t give you the peace of receiving my forgiveness, and I hope Taeyong hyung will do the same. I hope he let you suffer like what you did to him. I hope he divorces you and finds someone better.”

Maybe Mark said those words because he was angry and to intentionally inflict pain to his hyung and he succeeded. 
Each word that came out from his mouth were like daggers digging straight deep into Jaehyun’s heart. Taeyong finding someone better strike deeper than the other, it almost made him bleed. Jaehyun put his hand on his heart, trying to numb the pain he was having. What made it worst was that Mark kept on going.

“You don’t deserve Taeyong hyung, and you don’t deserve any of us.”

Pain. It was painful, and to avoid succumbing into deeper pain, Jaehyun decided to leave.


***


Mark also left after that incident, he hailed a cab and called Lucas. Haechan wanted to stay in their old house at the top of an old building. Lucas texted the direction, and Mark was on his way there.

Doyoung tucked his son to bed and told Taeil that he was going to see Taeyong. Taeil nodded though he wasn’t really listening. He was still in shock of the things that had happened and being the eldest, he was the one in charge to fix things. He knew that he really needed to take over since Jaehyun was so broken to even think properly.

It was time to step up as the eldest Jung. He had to take back the role from Jaehyun.


***


Doyoung saw his friend sitting on the floor, in the same position when his husband left. Of course, Doyoung didn’t know about that. All he saw was a crying Taeyong, sitting on the floor, hugging his knees like a little child left alone.

The newcomer didn’t say anything. He just hugged Taeyong and let him cry his heart out.

“I lied, Doyoung. I lied,” Taeyong said in between heavy sobs. “I lied.”

Doyoung had no idea what Taeyong was talking about, but he kept silent. His friend didn’t need to hear anything. A warm hug was all he needed that moment, and Doyoung was going to give it to him.


***


Three days went by gloomily. Johnny, Yuta, Taeil, and Jaehyun did their business in Japan and was set to come back home in 2 days. 

They were able to close deals that were almost impossible to achieve because of the strict and unbelievable conditions given by the Japanese investors. In short, the four guys amazed the Japanese. 

Taeil noticed something, though. Yes, they were able to get what they came for, but the dark aura the three other guys were giving him was enough to tell him that Jaehyun wasn’t the only one carrying a heavy load.

The three guys took that dark aura in their business meetings and attacked everyone who stood their way. 

Jaehyun was truly a force to be reckoned with when it came to business, Yuta and Johnny provided the ammunition and Taeil took the role of being the moderator. He made sure to calm them down when there were edging on dangerous waters. That was the reason why in 2 days, a multi-million deal was going to be signed.

Taeil wanted to ask why Johnny had that lost look whenever they leave the conference room. He wanted to know why Yuta was acting strange and had that longing look in his eyes whenever he looked at his phone from time to time. The eldest wanted to know, and he wanted to help, but he knew that space was what the two needed and not someone to talk to. 

It was different when it came to Jaehyun. Taeil knew that the last thing his brother needed was to be left alone. He knew how it felt and it was not easy. 

Jaehyun stood by him when he was in the dark and crawling for some light. Jaehyun became his wall and never left his side when Taeil was on the verge of drowning in his sorrows. Jaehyun took his role and carried the burden all by himself so Taeil wasn’t going to leave him in the dark pit now that he finally found his light. There was no way Jaehyun was going to be alone in that fight.

Doyoung told Taeil about the deal Jaehyun made with Taeyong. The elder knew that it wasn’t the best move Jaehyun made, but he also understood that when you’re in love, you’ll do everything. Jaehyun just took the wrong step that’s why he was suffering the consequences of his actions.

Taeil was fooled. If Taeyong was just faking everything with Jaehyun then he was a great actor. He had everyone fooled. Even Johnny and Yuta were so amazed by their love story. It was just too bad that Taeyong wasn’t feeling the same way as his brother. 


***


A knock on the door and Taeyong unwillingly stood up from the cold bed. He hated the coldness and the loneliness the room was giving him. He hated being alone, and he hated being lonely and heartbroken.

Jung Jaejoong places the manila folder on the table in front of Taeyong. They were in the living room, and Taeyong didn’t even bother to offer anything because his heart beat erratically when he saw the lawyer. It was Jung Yunho’s husband, and Taeyong knew what he came for. His knees started shaking as his equally shaking hands took the folder from the table. He got the documents out, and he was right. 

The title neatly typed at the center of the paper gave Taeyong the middle finger. 

Petition for Divorce

He was expecting it and yet, he wasn’t ready for the emotions that filled his chest when he read the papers. It was suffocating, and Jaejoong had to sit beside him to calm him down form crying.

“This is the reason why I insisted to come here instead of Yunnie,” Jaejoong whispered to himself, and Taeyong looked at him questioningly, eyes wet with tears.

“Yunnie is Jaehyun’s uncle Yunho,” Jaejoong said. “I asked him to let me do this instead of him. That man is kind of brutal when it comes to this case. He hated divorce, and he literally went ballistic when Jaehyun asked him to do this.” 

“We’re divorcing,” Taeyong said, but it came out more of a question than a statement and Jaejoong understood. It was not the first time he saw a couple going into that situation.

“That is if you sign the papers.”

Taeyong looked at the papers, and he fought the urge to tear them into pieces. Jaejoong read his mind. It was his cue to move. 

“You know I’m going to break some rules for doing this.”
Taeyong looked at the older, not really understanding what he just said.

“Jaehyun asked his uncle for the papers, but he didn’t sign them, at least not yet. So when you sign it, you’ll be the one who’s divorcing him, not him divorcing you.”

Simple act and it made Taeyong cry even harder. 

“Taeyong, as a lawyer, it’s our job to change your mind and talk about everything first before signing those papers, like every other couple. In your case, Jaehyun is not here, and a forced marriage is the ground he put on the papers, so that means that there was no chance of changing your mind. Jaehyun thought that there was no second chance since he forced you into this marriage. That’s when we, as lawyers cannot do anything about it anymore.”

The urge to tear the papers was getting harder and harder to fight for Taeyong as Jaejoong explains. One sign was all he need to put on those papers and his marriage with Jaehyun will be over and yet, his hands were so against the idea.

Jaejoong sighed and gently patted his back. “But I also came here as your uncle. Since you're still technically married to Jaehyun until you sign those petition, I’m still your uncle, and to be honest, I don’t understand why Jaehyun suddenly went to our office and asked Yunho about this. We saw the two of you were so in love and Yunho almost broke your husband’s neck when he found out what he did.”

Taeyong’s heart beat faster once again, this time, for concern with Jaehyun. 

“As your family, you can tell me everything that’s on your mind and trust me that no one will know about this.”

Jaejoong was gifted with the power to convinced and make people confess what was inside their hearts. No wonder he’s a lawyer, and it didn’t take long to make Taeyong say everything that was bothering him. After their talk, Jaejoong could only come out with a single verdict.

Taeyong lied.

 

 

aejae22

****************************************************

Hello. 

Okay, no more promises. 

Sorry.

Please tell me what you think about this chapter.

If you have time and find this story has potential then vote for it.

Thank you.

Haechan, Yuwin and Johnten next, then we'll reveal the result regarding Kun.