Couple and Would Be Couple?

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 11

COUPLE AND WOULD BE COUPLE?

[M]

 

"What did you say?" Ten tapped his ears as if trying to clear them and hear what his friend, Taeyong, just said.

The friend rolled his eyes and sighed. Taeyong expected this reaction from him. Typical Ten. Being his manager, Ten was one of the signatories to his contract. So, his friend might be exaggerating, but he had every right to do so.

"I said I resigned, and there's nothing you can do about it, and don't try to convince me to come back to that company."

Ten looked at Taeyong like he grew three heads. "But why?"

Taeyong stopped mopping the floor. He was back to his day job at the café, and since his friend was the owner, he didn't have a hard time coming back. Well, maybe after Ten heard his reason, then the latter might kick him out for real.

"Haechan is badly injured, and he hasn't attended his classes for three days already."

"But why did you also resign?"

Taeyong gave his friend a look that was asking if he was earnest about his question.

"Of course, I will resign. I don't want anything to do with a company that can't take care of his employee. That is the only reason why I allowed Haechan to work there because they promised us that they would take good care of him. You saw how Winwin almost chew me off when he found out."

Ten was slightly shocked, not with what Taeyong said but in the manner that he said it. His friend was furious. 

Taeyong rarely gets mad, even when Winwin was giving him attitude almost every day. But today, Taeyong was beyond furious, and he just masked it with a calm façade successfully. So even if Ten wanted to convince him to come back to the company, he knew it was useless, and doing it would be like sacrificing his head to be chewed. His sassiness never worked on Taeyong, so he chose to be quiet. He was going to ask Johnny about it later.

When he saw his friend dropped the subject, or at least that was what he thought, Taeyong turned to Doyoung at the counter. "Dougie, can we have Kun stay over tomorrow since it's Saturday? Haechan would love to have some company."

Doyoung, who had an upcoming test the next day, perked up. "Really? I would appreciate it. I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm afraid Kun will curse at me if I send him to daycare once again."

"Tsk, Kun won't curse at you. That kid is an angel. You brought him up so well," 

Doyoung smiled at the compliments.

"I think Haechan won't be able to donate blood to him this month." Taeyong then said, and worry plastered on Doyoung's face. "Ah, don't worry. Winwin said he would replace him in the meantime." Relieved, Doyoung smiled and continued what he's doing at the counter.

Ten watched the two continue their conversation while he was itching to meet Johnny and ask about what happened.

 

 

***

 

 

Meanwhile, at the NCT Corp., Johnny and Yuta had a hard time convincing the two brothers to get out of their office for lunch. It had been three days since the two decided to bury themselves in their work, and the whole company was suffering. 

Taeil was silent mode, but his employees at his department were like walking on thin glass whenever he asked for something, be it a report of some documents. Taeil was naturally quiet, but a calm and focused Taeil was a dangerous combination. He was like a ticking time bomb. He was the eldest Jung, after all. The office was tranquil, and no one dared to create any sound except the sound of computers and printers. The atmosphere was very frightening that the employees only communicate using their eyes, afraid to make any move.

On the other side of the building was the complete opposite. The CEO was in beast mode and screamed at every employee who failed to do their assigned task. One could almost see papers flying everywhere because employees were on their toes trying to complete the task given to them as soon as possible. No one was fired yet, but every employee, be it a guy or a lady that entered his private office with a flawed report, ends up in tears on their way out. The loss of their main guy in the game left them with work that needed to be done as soon as possible. Without their model, they had to rely on the photos already taken, and the boss was not happy about them. No one took their lunch, but no one complained about it. It was better to sacrifice their lunch than their job.

"I don't like what I'm seeing," Yuta said, crossed arms, as he watched their employees at Jaehyun's floor scramble their way to finish their job. It had been three days. Yuta knew that it was just a matter of time before one of their employees would collapse due to hunger, exhaustion, or even heart attack.

Johnny massaged his temple and sighs. "It's the same at Taeil's office. The only difference is that it's eerily quiet."

"What is happening with these two? I know Lee Taeyong and his brother resigned, but what is their connection with Taeil acting this way? It's not like him at all."

Johnny shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows? Taeil has been staying at his office for three days now. I'm surprised Jaehyun is not doing anything about it."

Yuta looked at Johnny, surprised by what he just said. Something happened with the brothers, and they were not let it slide since their employees were on the verge of collapsing.

The two decided to talk to Taeil first, and they failed to get an answer from him. It even took them a whole thirty minutes before Taeil finally acknowledged the presence of Yuta and Johnny. The attempt was a total failure, so they decided to proceed with Jaehyun. They were not worried that Jaehyun wouldn't acknowledge them. He was the complete opposite of Taeil. Jaehyun would gladly rip their heads off as a welcome, and that was what almost happened.

"I don't need you two here. Get out of my office and do your ing job. This company is not paying you to stand there." Jaehyun fired them with his warm welcome the moment the two entered his office. He didn't even look up from his laptop. 

Johnny and Yuta looked at each other as if saying, 'I told you so.'

Jaehyun typed angrily at his keyboard. Yuta thought he was playing Against the Gods with the way his fingers abuse the device, but of course, he knew better. Jaehyun would never play the game at this time, there was a deeper issue, and the two remaining sane guys were going to do everything to fix things up.

"Shut up. It's a lunch break, and whether you like it or not, you will come with us to have lunch, or I will personally shove the food into your mouth." Yuta countered the attack, leaving Johnny impressed.

Jaehyun finally looked up, unimpressed. If Yuta was just an ordinary employee, he could've kicked him out of his office. " you."

Yuta gave him his signature colossal smile and sat in front of Jaehyun's table. "As much as I love ing my friend, I'll be the one to do the ing," he whispered, and Jaehyun almost saw red and shoved him away from him. Johnny, on the other hand, just rolled his eyes at the scene. That was so Yuta. 

Yuta stood, laughing at Jaehyun's expression.

"When was the last time you left this room, Jae? You barely touch the food that I sent to you, and Taeil Hyung is doing the same."

Johnny's last sentence caught Jaehyun's interest. "Repeat."

Johnny frowned. "Ah… this demanding brat. I said Taeil Hyung is also in isolation mode. He hasn't left his office to go home or even eat." he repeated in annoyance. The brothers were seriously getting on his nerves.

"Where is he right now?"

"In his office, he just declared a silent war to his employee," Yuta said.

Jaehyun felt guilty about what was happening to his Hyung. Taeil, Mark, and he were close, which was the first time Taeil acted this way. The first time he hadn't gone home, and the first time he hadn't told Jaehyun what was bothering him. But Jaehyun didn't need to hear any of it in the first place. He knew the reason why he hadn't gone home and what was bothering him. Mark was staying at their hyung's house and what happened between the three of them made Taeil decide not to go home until when Jaehyun had no idea. 

Jaehyun and Taeil haven't got the chance to talk after that incident with their youngest. Taeil was no longer at Jaehyun's apartment when he returned, and he doubted if Taeil went in there. The CEO had no idea that Hyung has been staying at his office since then.

The CEO stood from his seat and immediately went to his hyung's office. Johnny and Yuta followed behind. On their way out, Jaehyun told his secretary to order lunch. Jaehyun decided to put his issues back and sulk on them later, but Taeil should not be left alone in this state. If he needed to force Mark to apologize on bended knees, he was going to keep their eldest from slipping in that state.

'Never again,' Jaehyun thought as he almost ran his way to Taeil's office.

 

 

***

 

When Johnny entered his apartment, his collar was met with two strong arms, and his back slammed against the cold hard wall. He was being shoved and ready to retaliate, but his lips formed a smile when he saw who the guy was with a y smirk holding his collar. He swore he could've to pounce the guy that very moment but held back and returned the heated kiss he was welcomed after being slammed into the wall. Tongues fought for dominance, but Johnny was determined to win the battle. He succeeded and left his lover, catching his breath and with a satisfied smile on his face.

"I am having second thoughts if it was a great idea to give you my spare keys, babe." Johnny followed the deep keys quickly and carried the man whose arms are now hooked at his neck. "I think my back couldn't handle the pressure of constantly being slammed at the wall."

Ten pouted cutely and slowly grind his hips at the man carrying him. Johnny groaned in pleasure. Ten was doing wonders on his body, and after what happened to his day at work, the big guy deserved a treat.

Johnny carried his lover, whose legs were now hooked to his hips to his bed while their mouths connected with a deep kiss once again, and his hands gently massaged his lover's behind. It was Ten's turn to moan as he felt the softness of the mattress on his back and the skillful tongue of Johnny sending him to the clouds above. After the slight jealousy with the innocent bed, Johnny replaced it the next day, making Ten very happy.

Johnny was so into what he was planning on doing to Ten's body that the latter didn't notice that both of them are already and the big guy's sporting a raging hard-on. But Ten had a plan. Of course, he wanted to ravish the handsome guy on top of him till morning. Still, he needed to get some information, and he was going to get it by hook or by crook, even if it will leave Johnny frustrated for sure. Or he can try.

"B-babe," He managed to moan as his fingers slide on Johnny's soft hair. It was hard to speak appropriately, especially if Johnny's tongue found its way to one of his s.

"Hmmm?" Johnny responded, sending a vibration to that sensitive area, and Ten's eyes rolled back. 

"Don't stop." To hell to whatever information he wanted to know that can wait, his growing needs for his needy lover can't.

So that room was once again filled with moans and occasional screams from Ten.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Yuta had a bad day. The four of them planned to go out that night to relax. Still, Yuta ended up equally frustrated Johnny once again, after Jaehyun created a little scene that led to him dragging his Hyung out of his office. Then Johnny decided to just rather stay at home than to go out incomplete. It was rather unusual for the big guy to stay at home during weekends, but Yuta couldn't do anything about it.

So the rest was history. Yuta was left alone, so he decided to go to a bar when his car decided to break in the middle of nowhere. 

 

Irritated and almost angry, the man decided to enter a neorabang that was in the area. It was pretty big, and they served alcohol, and with private rooms, he was not going to sing. Yuta just needed a quiet place to drink all his frustrations away.

Removing his coat and grabbing his keys, he left his currently useless car and entered the establishment. A man welcomed him, and he asked for a private room. They gave him the best one and told him to wait for the waiter who will get his order.

Yuta got inside the room and was welcomed by a big television and an equally large sofa in the middle of the room. A mirror ball above his head reflected the colorful lights, and Yuta decided to turn it off. He didn't need a colorful surrounding that moment. He shrugged his shoulders, satisfied with the dimmed light that he chose. That would do it. 

The man sat on the sofa with his arms spread at the backrest and feet on the center table. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes as he waited for the waiter to enter.

Yuta was in that position when he heard the door opened and someone spoke.

"Good evening Sir, I'm here to take your order."

 The voice was quite familiar, so Yuta opened his eyes, and lo and behold, he wasn't wrong. The waiter was the very same guy that bumped into him and refused to give his name at the NCT Corp. and the very same guy that charmed him by his pretty face.

"Are you on the menu?" Yuta gave his signature smile. Tiredness and irritation just left his body all of a sudden. And the guy gave him the same expression when they were at NCT, creep out and disgusted.

This time, because he was at work, the guy remained composed and well-mannered. Despite being new to the job, his brother oriented and trained him to handle different types of customers, especially the one in front of him. "I'm sorry sir, if you're not ready to order yet, then I'll just return later." With that, he turned his back, but the customer is just persistent.

"I'm lonely tonight, and I want your company," Yuta said and even pouted. 

The guy secretly gritted his teeth and forced a smile. "I'm sorry, sir, but I'm a waiter here, and I don't provide such service."

"Aw. But I want to be with you. What's your name?"

"I'm sorry, sir, just call if you're ready to order," the guy said and left the room faster than a speeding bullet.

 

Winwin wanted to scream the moment he closed the door to that room. The creepy guy that his brothers' former boss is inside that room was assigned to him as a waiter. That was not the end of Winwin's newfound horror, though. When he reached their bar, the boss told him that the freak paid a considerable amount for his company. 

Winwin fought the urge to punch his boss and leave that place immediately and never to return. If it weren't for the money they needed to survive and Haechan's need to be with one of them, he would've looked for another job. Taeyong was already working at the café in the morning. He volunteered to help, so the eldest can look after Haechan in the evening. He asked the boss if Winwin could work there instead of Taeyong, and the boss fortunately agreed. Working at this crappy neorabang was his only resort since it will take time to find a new job. It must be the struggles Taeyong had to face every night to earn money.

Even if it was against his will, Winwin had to comply. He walked back to the room with such heavy feet and sat beside the man with arms crossed. 

"So, Winwin," Yuta gave him his winning smile once again, and Winwin wanted to strangle the living daylight out of his boss for giving his name to this guy. "You know your name suits you."

Winwin didn't respond, he's not planning to, but Yuta answered anyway.

"Because you win at life. You want to know why?"

Winwin didn't bother to hide his disgust anymore. He looked at the guy beside him in pure hate.

"Because I'm going to be your boyfriend."

"Oh my god, are you drunk?" Winwin finally said.

Yuta then smiled sheepishly, entranced with his voice. "You have a nice voice, honey."

Winwin tried to stand, but Yuta was fast enough to grab his arm and pull him down, using enough force to make him sit but not to hurt him. "Winwin, honey, just stay here beside me. I told you, I need some company."

"Then stop talking nonsense."

Yuta felt insulted. He never talked nonsense. "Nonsense? I'm telling the truth when I said that I'm going to be your boyfriend."

"One more word and I will kick your balls so bad you're going to forget your name," Winwin warned.

But of course, knowing Yuta, he just flashed him his smile. "Feisty. I like it."

"Shut up. I don't even know you."

"Then let's get to know each other. I'm Nakamoto Yuta, your future boyfriend, and I can even be your husband if you want to."

"No, thank you."

"Aww… why not?"

"I don't speak monkey."

"Huh?"

The younger once facepalmed. He was going to have to deal with Yuta the whole night, and he dreaded it. Unknown to him, Yuta drank all his frustrations that night, much to his dismay. The poor guy got drunk that Winwin couldn't just leave him in that place because, as his boss said, he was his responsibility.

Fortunately, even in his drunk state, Yuta was able to tell him where he parked his car, and Winwin pushed him inside in a not so gentle way.

"Honey, please be gentle with me."

"Gentle, my ."

"Would love to."

Winwin seriously wanted to murder him.

"Honey, please buckle my seat belt for me. I see two Winwin already, Yuta said, voice slurred.

Sighing, Winwin did what he was told, but he couldn't reach the belt on Yuta's side, so he had to enter the car's passenger seat to buckle him up. Once inside, Yuta locked all the doors making Winwin trapped inside.

"What are you doing? You're drunk! Open the door!" He started to panic. 

"Don't worry. I'm just going to take you home…" Yuta smiled, and Winwn felt relieved for a second. Keyword: second, because what Yuta said next almost sent him into a heart attack. 

"… with me."

 

 

aejae22

*************************************************************************

So, now you know who's going to be in the next chapter, right?