Results and Realizations

Romantic Cliché

 

 

CHAPTER 39

RESULTS AND REALIZATIONS

 

 

 

A week swiftly past and everyone was crawling their way into survival.

Haechan stopped talking to anyone, even to Mark, and the latter was on the verge of losing his sanity already. His hard work of making him talk and release whatever emotions he was hiding bared no fruits. Once again, Mark was getting impatient and desperate. Yeri and Jungwoo had to constantly remind him that Haechan needs time but Mark didn’t listen. He was scared that the longer they let him wallow in self-pity, the more difficult to get him out. Lucas had to interfere.

“Why is this happening? Why is not talking to me?” Mark said, ignoring the obvious annoyed look Lucas was giving him.

“He’s not talking to anyone.”

“It’s been a week already.” Mark’s voice rose an octave higher, and Lucas matched it fearlessly.

“Mark!”

As if a truck hit him hard, Mark stopped talking.

“The only thing we need to do is to tell his brothers that Haechan needs help. Did you hear me? Haechan refuses to see a doctor and we all know that his brothers were the only ones who could convince him to go. If you really want to help him then grow balls and see his brothers or else Haechan will never recover.” Lucas was almost out of breath after he said what he had to say.

Easy for Lucas to say, Mark thought. He had been trying to talk to either Taeyong and Winwin since Haechan tried to kill himself, but his calls fell on deaf ears the moment the two of them saw him. How many times Mark had to endure the loud band of the door slamming on his face every time he tried to talk to Taeyong? The older didn’t even let him speak, he never gave Mark a chance. 

Winwin was another story. 

Mark felt invisible when he tried to see him at school alone and in a wheelchair. He had to endure constant staring and gossips when his schoolmates saw him in that state. Mark swallowed everything just to be heard by the Lee brothers. There was no success, and he grew desperate.

 “It’s not going to happen,” Mark said in a defeated tone. “I did everything to reach his brothers, but they refuse to talk to me or even see me at the least. I know Haechan needs his brothers but his brothers had other issues to face, and he’s not one of them. He only has me to help him.”

Lucas sighed and felt pity for his friend. Everything that Mark showed felt new to him. His friend was never this caring, and he had no empathy at all. Everything changed since he met Haechan. He gently massaged Mark’s tensed shoulders, giving him the assurance that he wasn’t alone in the fight.

“He has us, Mark. Haechan has us to help him.”

Mark’s eyes watered, one for being touched of what Lucas had said and for the promise that he has his friends to help him help Haechan.

Lucas noticed it and decided to lighten the mood.

“You know you can let those tears fall down Man,” He laughed and earned a jab from his friend.

It wasn’t Haechan’s fault at all. It was his, to begin with, and Mark was well aware of that fact. While recovering from his injuries, he had thought of ways on how to apologize and offer his friendship to Haechan. He had no clue that Jaehyun did something outrageous that put them in that situation.

Speaking of his brothers, they were still in Japan and scheduled to return that day. Mark wasn’t worried about dealing with Jaehyun, and he was ready to face Taeil. He knew that the eldest was going to talk things to him because of the number of calls Mark purposely avoided from him.

 

 

***
 

 

“You know I’m here to listen, right? I’ve said it for countless of times now, so I know you’re tired of hearing it. I will not get tired of telling over and over again until I hear your voice again, Hae,” Mark told the unresponsive Haechan. 

The younger spent the past week looking out of their small window in their old place. Yeri, Jungwoo, Lucas took turns in looking after him, making sure that he won’t get near the edge of the building and away from anything sharp and deadly. Mark was always there and only left when he tried to talk to Taeyong and Winwin. The only consolation they have was that Haechan ate normally. That was the only sign that told them that he was physically okay. 

“Your brothers are worried about you and they badly want to see you.”

Lies.

Mark knew that Haechan was not stupid to believe what he just said. If his brothers really cared, they should’ve looked for him since the day the chaos happened.

Still, even they both knew that Mark just lied, Haechan gave no response.

“I promise you I’m going to fix this. Please don’t blame yourself. Stop blaming yourself.”

Again, Mark heard no response.

 

 

***

 

 

Taeil didn’t know what to feel. Half of his heartfelt excited and expecting for a good result of their bone marrow test. The wait was nerve-wracking, and in a few hours, the results will be out.

Their plane landed on time at the Incheon International airport, but sadly only him, Johnny and Yuta went home. Jaehyun decided to extend his stay in Japan and told his friends that he had to take care of some things regarding their business.

Taeil knew the real reason why but he decided not to talk. Jaehyun needed some time for himself, and he let him, but that doesn’t mean that he was not going to do something about it. He just needed to take care of Kun’s needs first.

Johnny was emotionless from the start so Taeil doubted if he knew what happened to Jaehyun. The big guy was always the first one to ask what was wrong under normal circumstances. That moment though he seemed not to care about anything and was always in deep thoughts.

Yuta knew everything. He’s Winwin’s husband after all so he was well aware why Jaehyun decided to stay behind. He cared because Jaehyun’s his friend but he was also having his own issues to face and there was no promise of a brighter tomorrow for him with what was happening.

Taeil knew that he had to help Jaehyun alone and he was going to do that after the release of the results.

 

 

***

 

 

A knock on the door was heard once again, same time every single day, and every single day, Taeyong ignored it. He knew who was behind that door and there was no used ignoring it anyway. The one behind knew the password already and he emerged seconds later.

Winwin placed the container of food in the dining table and headed to the bedroom, on his way he spotted the manila envelope on the coffee table in the living room. Taeyong was clutching it while crying when he first came so Winwin thought it was important, and it had never left the coffee table since then. He wanted to ask his brother about it, but he couldn’t find the right timing. Taeyong was a mess, and the younger doubted if he could give him a proper answer.

“I brought food,” he said as he took the remote control to part the curtains so the sunlight can enter the room. 

Taeyong grimaced at the sudden contact with light.

“Go away.”

“I will after you eat.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Come on,” Winwin insisted and pulled his brother’s arm so 
he could stand up. 

Taeyong pulled back his arm harshly and looked at Winwin like he was the biggest villain he ever met.

“It’s been a week already. Stop acting like a child. Get up and eat.”

“Don’t tell me what to do. Don’t call me a child when you’re the one who acted like one before.”

Winwin gave an exasperated sigh and said, “Why can’t you move on from that? You’re so annoying.”

Taeyong looked at him and answered back, “Annoying? Then why do you keep on coming back if I’m annoying? No one told you to bring me food or to even step into this house.”

“Maybe because I care?”

“Don’t act like you care. This is what you want in the first place, right? You were so against Jaehyun since the beginning, so you should be celebrating now because we’re divorcing!” Tears flooded his eyes when he said those words. His hearts ached like hell.

Winwin was stunned at the information he just heard. So the manila envelope in the living room contained the divorce papers. He should feel relieved and happy because his brother was a few steps away from being free. Taeyong should feel the same and to Winwin’s confusion, it was happening at all. His brother looked like a total mess.

“And he has the nerve to divorce you after everything he did,” Winwin scoffed, Taeyong opposed.

“I will be divorcing him if I sign those papers.” Another invisible arrow pierced Taeyong’s heart.

“Did you?”

A simple question and yet it was so difficult to answer. Too difficult that Winwin had to repeat the question and still Taeyong wasn’t able to answer it.

Realization hit the two at the same time.

Winwin realized that moment that the divorce paper was not going to be signed anytime soon.

Taeyong, on the other hand, felt his heart sped up like it was going to burst out of his chest. The thought of divorcing kept on antagonizing him for a week already even though in his heart, he knew his decision already. 

“Why?” Winwin asked once again, and this time the answer was easy and Taeyong gave it in full conviction.

“Because I love him.”

 

 

***

 

 

A luggage carelessly dumped on the floor welcomed Winwin as he entered the apartment. Paper bags of different brands were scattered on the floor. A pair of black shoes was thrown aside and as Winwin followed the trail, it led him to a sleeping Yuta on the sofa. The guy must be so tired that he didn’t manage to reach their bedroom.

Winwin sighed as he picked the scattered items on the floor one by one. His mind brought him to back to the conversation he had with his brother, the first sincere one since he got married to Yuta. Taeyong was feeling like crap not only because of the divorce paper, but because he was alone and Jaehyun wasn’t there beside him. Winwin wanted to believe that his brother got used to his husband’s presence that’s why his absence was taking a toll on him. 
The younger doubted his brother’s true feelings, and he didn’t want to believe that it was really love like what he told him.

Was it possible to fall in love with that evil man?

Taeyong did, so maybe.

Taeyong’s confirmation made Winwin hate Jaehyun to a whole new level. Winwin’s dream of bringing back his old family as they used to became impossible since their marriage happened.

Winwin looked at the sleeping guy on the sofa. Yuta must be so tired that he didn’t even bulge even when Winwin intentionally created noise to wake him up.

Taeyong’s feeling’s for Jaehyun made him question his relationship with Yuta.

He also hated the Japanese, he hated his guts, his attitude and everything that involved him. How he ended up marrying him? 

Winwin was rebelling against Taeyong. His family was a wreck because Jaehyun forced his brother and Taeyong agreed without a fight. Winwin felt useless, unimportant, hurt and betrayed when they got married. He needed something to bent his anger out of his heart and Yuta was at the right place at the wrong time and was a willing victim.

Winwin mastered the art of faking everything- his feelings, his emotions, and he even put his future on the line just to make his brother feel what he felt when he decided to take things into his own hands. He wasn’t expecting that everything was going to backfire on him. Taeyong fell in love, and surely Jaehyun would crawl back at him like a hungry dog the moment he knew.

If Winwin could only turn back time, he would choose the times when the Jung were still out of their lives, and he would not even think twice.

Yuta whined as he turned his head from side to side. He was obviously uncomfortable sleeping in his suit, not to mention that the sofa was not as soft as their bed. This brought Winwin out of his deep thinking.

Winwin noticed the slight chills Yuta was having.  He instantly knew that his husband was having a fever. Instinct kicked in as he immediately stopped whatever he was doing to tend to his husband. He struggled to take his suit off and helped him get inside their bedroom. Winwin then went to the kitchen to prepare food for his husband. He was sweaty when the soup started to boil. 

Yuta was already sleeping soundly because of the warm sponge bath his husband gave him. While fixing their bed, Winwin looked at Yuta and sighed. Being with Yuta was not that bad, or maybe, like his brother, he already got used to it.

 

 

***

 

 

The sudden realization gave Taeyong an unexplained strength to get up and see Ten. The last time he saw his friend was after he took the P2 drug. He went to the place where Ten usually stays, his café.

“Good morning, what can I get you?” Taeyong frowned at the lifeless greetings that he got from his friend.

“A smile and a hug please?” Ten looked up to see who said those words. The sight made him smile.

Taeyong received the smile that didn’t reach his eyes. They’ve been friends for a long time now so that single gesture told the other that something was wrong.

“I’m okay,” Ten said when Taeyong asked him what was wrong. He smiled after he took a sip of his coffee. It was hot and it slightly burned his tongue and yet, no expression was seen on Ten’s face.

“You lost a lot of weight,” the friend said, worried for other’s well-being. It was the first time Ten acted that way.

Once again, Ten faked whatever he was feeling with a smile. 

“It’s been a busy week for the café, and since you and Doyoung are no longer here, it’s quite difficult.

Taeyong gave an apologetic gaze in which Ten immediately dismissed. “I didn’t say it to make you feel guilty. What I meant was my current employees are not that efficient as you two.”

“I’m sorry. I can work here if you want. I can help you now that I’m okay.”

Ten chuckled as if he heard a joke. “Like your husband will allow you to work here.”

Taeyong fell silent at the statement. Ten didn’t have a clue about what happened and everything about their relationship. He only told Doyoung and that added to the guilt he was feeling.

“I’ll tell you something, but you have to tell me about what’s bothering you first,” Ten suggested. Ten shook his head and passed the suggestion back to his friend. 

“You first.”

Taeyong looked at Ten, trying to stitch the right words so that his friend won’t be surprised. He found it difficult for there were no substitute words to describe what happened. He had to be straight to the point. He took a very deep sigh and looked at his friend dead in the eyes.

“Jaehyun sent me divorce papers.”

Ten’s jaw dropped on the floor. Good thing he wasn’t holding his cup or else he would suffer from a first-degree burn.

“Are you serious? Jaehyun? Your husband? Did he send you divorce papers? Come on, Tae. Maybe it’s just the grocery list or something. There’s no way your husband would divorce you. That guy is freaking in love with you. I saw it with my own two eyes.”

“Ten,” Taeyong interrupted, but to no avail, the topic of divorce triggered the old sassy Ten back. The one who couldn’t stop talking until his message was delivered and heard.

“You have got to be kidding me. Your husband declared war on Dr. Park when you were in pain. He didn’t leave your side and left the investors hanging so he could take care of you. He didn’t eat because you couldn’t eat and he was awake 24/7 to look after you.  If that's not love, then I don’t know anymore.”

“He forced me to marry him,” Ten was expecting Ten to react incredulously, but it didn’t happen. Ten already had something to say as if what he just heard was normal.

“You were not forced to stay.”

“Ten, I have a reason why I didn't leave.”

“Do you love him?”

This time, Taeyong knew what to answer and he was sure of it.

“Yes.”

Again, Ten was unnerving with his comments.

“Then why do you even think about divorcing?”

Taeyong sighed in frustration, not to Ten but to himself.
“Because I thought I didn’t. I told him that I hated him and then he left.”

Ten turned silent after a while.

“Make him come back and tell him what you really feel before it’s too late.” There was a hint of sadness in his voice and Taeyong thought that his friend was only empathizing with him. He had no idea that there was a deeper reason behind those words.

Taeyong didn’t reply back for he knew exactly what he was going to do.

 

 

***

 

 

At exactly 6 p.m., Ten closed his shop and hurriedly went home. Johnny was back, and he was excited to meet the guy. He got up early that day to clean the whole house and cooked Johnny’s favorite food that he can reheat tonight. He even changed all the curtains and bedsheet and made sure that everything was spotless. The preparation got him sweaty and very tired and yet, the smile on his face didn’t fade. 

He made sure to get home before Johnny arrives to reheat and serve everything he prepared that morning. Any minute from now, his big guy will be home.

8:00 p.m. 

Everything was prepared, and Ten was beyond excited. The food was sizzling hot and neatly prepared at the table.

9:00 p.m.

Ten looked at his watched and wondered why Johnny was late.

11:00 p.m.

Ten already fell asleep on the sofa. The food was already cold.

1:00 a.m.

The Thai suddenly jolted out of nowhere and began to worry when he realized that Johnny was still not home.

2:00 a.m.

Ten heard the door being unlocked, so he sleepily got up to welcome Johnny. Excitement suddenly returning to his body as he opened the door with a huge smile on his face, only to be stunned when he saw Johnny, drunk with an unfamiliar girl linked in his arm.

 


***

 

 

The elevator seemed too slow for Taeyong’s liking. It felt like hours going up to Taeil's, to see if he already arrived. He returned to their home after meeting Ten, only to find it empty, meaning Jaehyun was not home yet. So he thought of asking Taeil. If the guy was home, then Jaehyun won’t be far. He sprinted the moment the elevator opened and rang the doorbell like a madman.

A worried Doyoung opened the door, thinking that something was wrong with his friend.

“Where’s Taeil hyung?” Taeyeong asked in between deep breaths. 

Doyoung motioned the man to get inside and Taeyong saw the man he was looking for at the living room, showing a new toy with to son. They were dressed like they were about to go somewhere. He hated to interrupt the sweet moment, but he was dying to ask Taeil.

“Where’s my husband?”

Taeil was stunned when he heard someone spoke. He looked up and gently made Kun sat beside him. The child quietly played his toy with great interest.

“Taeyong.”

“Where is Jaehyun? Where is my husband?”

Taeil was having second thoughts if he was going to answer his brother-in-law. How would he tell him the Jaehyun was left in Japan and was going to stay there for heaven knows how long? But he also knew that Taeyong deserved the answer to his question and he deserved to know, so he answered as directly as he could.

“He’s still in Japan. He didn’t come home with us.”


Taeil’s words served as the trigger to Taeyong’s tears, and the couple could only watch as he cried silently in front of them, disappointed of what he heard.

“Taeyong, I need to talk to you. We need to talk after we come back from the hospital to get Kun’s results. We’ll talk, and I want you to be completely honest with me,” Taeil said as he put his hands on Taeyong’s shoulders, hoping to calm him down. Doyoung could only watch in sadness, wishing that he could do something to ease the pain his friend was having at the moment.

The crying guy nodded and quietly exited the house to go back to his own.

 

 

***

 

Hospital

Doyoung was sobbing hard as he hooked his arms to Taeil’s. The older almost winced at the tightness he felt. Words of assurance were not enough to calm his lover down. Taeil was well aware of it. He had to be strong for the two of them and for their son. He couldn’t afford to be sad when Doyoung was already in deep pain. His lover needed someone to cling on and he was going to be that person.

 The doctor told them the result and it was heartbreaking.

None of them matched Kun’s bone marrow.


 


aejae22

**********************************

Hi.

Here's snippets of our characters' lives.

Sorry for the late update.

Typhoon and tropical depressions visited my country so I had a hard time writing plus our roof is under renovation so it was really hard.

I'm sorry if the last few chapters were kinda sad including this one, but trust me on this. 

Everything will be alright in the end. If its not alright then it's not the end.

-Patrick Star (lol)

Updates maybe late  but there's no way I'm going to leave you hanging and abandon this story.

Please bear and stay with me.

Tell me what you think. Thank you.