Forgiveness

Romantic Cliché

 

CHAPTER 48

FORGIVENESS

 

Taeyong and Jaehyun just got out of the hospital when Johnny arrived. They couldn't wait for Winwin because Jaehyun still has a meeting so he needed to send his husband home.

They were inside the car when his husband's phone rang.

Taeyong paled instantly and dropped his phone because his hands were shaking. Jaehyun looked at him worriedly.

“What happened? Who called?” Jaehyun asked, careful not to take his eyes off the road.

"Winwin is in the hospital," he managed to say, and his husband immediately took a u-turn.

 

 

They found Winwin at a small clinic just 10 minutes away from the hospital where Yuta was in. He was pale, sweating profusely and in pain.

“Winwin!” Taeyong yelled when he saw his brother at the bed and ran beside him, checking what was wrong.

 

Jaehyun was the one who talked to the guy, who found his brother-in-law, and the doctor.

"I found him limping on the street. He was about to cross, but he fainted even before he could. This is the nearest clinic, so here we are. I called the first one on his speed dial."

"That's Taeyong, his brother.," Jaehyun informed. "I'm sorry if he didn't have the time to introduce himself."

"Oh, no problem. I understand."

"I am Jung Jaehyun. My husband and I are very thankful for what you did to Winwin."

"No problem," the guy nodded. "I have to go now since he has someone with him."

Jaehyun shook his hand and gave a vow of thanks. The man then exited the clinic.

 

The doctor was the next one he talked to. What he heard

made his blood boil.

“He took the P2 alone.” The doctor answered when Jaehyun asked what happened.

Jaehyun was surprised by what he heard. It was illegal to take the P2 alone. Winwin needed to have Yuta by his side while taking the procedure because the after-effects were severe.

"It's illegal, and the doctor who did it can be sued. No matter how the patient insists, it can't be done without his partner. "

Jaehyun clenched his jaw. Anger enveloped him, and the urge to break the doctor's face, who did that to Winwin, was strong.

"I can't do anything to the patient since the effect of the P2 is taking effect. I already called Dr. Park since she's the one signed on the patient's medical records. She'll be here any moment."

Jaehyun just nodded, too angry to even form a coherent sentence.

Dr. Reimi Park arrived 10 minutes later. She, too, was livid to the doctor who administered the drug to Winwin without Yuta. The two doctors talked to each other and decided that the best thing they could do was to take Winwin home and let the P2 take its full effect.

 

 

Jaehyun's mind debated whether to tell Yuta or not. His friend had the right to know because he's Winwin's husband, but he's in the hospital with broken bones and equally weak. He knew Yuta would do something ridiculous if he found out what happened to his husband.

 

"Jae," Taeyong's call pulled him out of his deep thoughts.

“Love," he forced himself to calm down and looked at his worried husband with a small smile on his face. "We're going to take Winwin home."

Taeyong just nodded and winced when Winwin screamed because of pain, holding his abdomen for dear life and tears flowing from his eyes. The older went to his side, trying his best to comfort him and stop his tears from flowing.

 

“Jaehyun,” Dr. Park called which made Jaehyun frown a bit more. “I already called the doctor who did this to Winwin. He shouldn’t have done it.”

“Can I sue that motheer?” Jaehyun didn’t hide his annoyance.

“By all means. Just call your Uncle Yunho and he’ll know what to do.”

The latter nodded, already thinking of ways on how to kill the doctor who did to his brother-in-law. His silence went on until they reached the Nakamoto residence.

 

***

Winwin was still in tears while Taeyong tried to recall the recipe of the tea Ten and Doyoung gave to him when he was in the same situation. Fortunately, all the ingredients for the simple recipe can found in Winwin's kitchen.

While Taeyong was busy brewing the tea, Jaehyun was having a dilemma. Should he tell Yuta? He's the husband after all. It was just right to tell him. But he's in the hospital, and there's no way he could take care of Winwin. Yuta will surely insist to go home despite his situation.

After weighing two options, he decided on the first one. To tell Yuta that Winwin was not well. He skipped the part why. Winwin would be the one to tell him that.

Just like what he predicted, Yuta insisted on going home. His doctor didn't agree, but Yuta was stubborn so they made him sign a waiver. Thirty minutes later, Yuta was home, in a wheelchair with cuts and bruises and all.

 

"Where's Winwin?" He asked, annoyed that Johnny took too long to take him home.

His annoyance turned into worry when Jaehyun pointed to the room where Winwin was. He instructed Johnny to take him there. The big guy obeyed and gave Jaehyun a questioning look. He had no idea of what was happening.

 

***

 

Johnny tapped Jaehyun’s shoulder, handed him a cup of steaming hot coffee, and joined him at the balcony. He was still tensed, jaw still clenched, and anger still evident. Johnny decided not to ask. He waited for his friend to tell him what happened.

"I don't know what went through Winwin's mind when he decided to take the P2 alone." Jaehyun started. The statement elicited a surprised reaction from one of his best friends.

"He what?" Johnny almost choked on his coffee. He could've burnt his throat with what he heard. "Dude, He couldn't do that without Yuta. That's the law."

"Someone thinks he's above the law," Jaehyun smirked as he played the ream of his cup.

"You got his name?" Johnny's expression changed, and it matched Jaehyun's.

"I already gave it to Uncle Yunho. He promised to do everything to get that doctor arrested as soon as possible."

Johnny smirked with great satisfaction.

"What I don't understand is why Winwin suddenly decided to get it. Why didn't he wait for Yuta?"

“I think I know why.”

Jaehyun looked at his friend with a frown.

Johnny stared at a small plant in the balcony and sipped his coffee, intentionally building suspense, but failed because Jaehyun decided to be patient and waited for his answer.

“Ji Hansol.”

 

***

 

Yuta's hands were already shaking the moment he heard the news that Winwin's in pain and couldn't go back to the hospital. He said he was going to get food for them and never came back. The next thing he knew, he was having a heated argument with his doctor to allow him to go home. Thankfully, his doctor agreed, but not after signing a waiver. He heard Johnny apologized on his behalf.

 

No amount of cuts and bruises can match the pain he felt when he saw Winwin writhing in pain on their bed. He was sweating profusely while clutching his abdomen. Tears were falling uncontrollably. Winwin was miserable, and Yuta had no clue why.

 

Johnny and Jaehyun were still outside talking. Taeyong was in the kitchen so he had no one to help him move. All he can use were his hands that were badly wounded. He ignored all his wounds. Winwin was in pain, and he couldn't afford to just sit there and watch.

 

“Winwin honey, w-what happened?" Yuta just couldn't find the right words to ease the pain of his husband.

Winwin just answered with a whimper. He couldn't even see clearly and started to lose consciousness again. That made Yuta panic. He looked around and tried to roll his wheelchair, but he was just too weak. He decided to shout instead. The three men came in an instant.

 

"H-he… he…"

Yuta faced a lot of clients who wanted to shove them and their company to the ground, and he buried them alive without batting an eyelash. His family disowned him when they found out about his uality. He slept on the street for months until his friends helped him. Guys he loved left him broken, but he survived with his head held high. Winwin used him, and he held on. Pain became his friend. He was used to it, but not seeing the love of his life practically dying in front of him. He never felt so helpless.

If Yuta was still in panic and Johnny was on the verge, Jaehyun and Taeyong finally calmed down.

They've been there before, though Taeyong also panicked when he first saw his brother's state, he recovered.

Ten and Doyoung thought them the tricks. Taeyong knew the recipe by heart, and Jaehyun planned to walk Yuta through the process.

“It’s going to be okay, Yuta. Winwin’s going to be okay. You can’t take care of him in that state so we’ll help you.”

Yuta just nodded, too scared to say anything, and still clueless about what was happening.

“I will tell you everything I know,” Jaehyun assured him.

“Can I join your class?” Johnny raised his hand, trying to lighten the mood.

"What for? Someone did it for you. All you have to do is to make Ten pregnant, and you already did."

“Jaehyun!” Taeyong looked at his husband disapprovingly. He took offense for Johnny.

Johnny shook his head and gave Taeyong an assuring smile, “Don’t worry Mr. Jung. I’m used to your husband being this evil.”

Jaehyun just rolled his eyes as he helped Yuta out of their room. As much as he wanted to let his friend stay with his husband, the guy needed his rest, too. "Tell Minho to cover for Yuta,” he said as he walked away.



***

Jaehyun waited for Winwin to sleep after Taeyong made him drink the special tea. Both of them also waited for Yuta to calm down before they open the topic of why Winwin was in that state.

"You need to calm down before you listen. My brother is still young. I don't even know what came to him that he suddenly decided to do this," Taeyong started. They were seated in the living room. Beside him was his husband and Yuta being in front of them, on his wheelchair.

Under normal circumstances, he would probably give the guy a lecture, but seeing the look on Yuta's face and the fact that it was not his fault, changed his mind.

Yuta just nodded. He was fidgeting and scared. Taeyong looked at his husband first and held his hand tightly before he continued.

“Winwin took the P2.”

Those words were enough for Yuta's expression to change, from scared to blank, then to questioning.

Jaehyun carried on. "Uncle Yunho called me. The doctor is not licensed to administer the drug, and Uncle is working on this case now. Don't worry we will do everything to make this doctor pay," he assured his friend though he knew that no words could convince Yuta that everything was going to be alright.

"W-why?" was all Yuta managed to ask to no one in particular. Why would Winwin take the drug without him?

Taeyong understood and answered, "No one knows. You can ask him once he feels better."

"For how long?" Yuta saw how Taeyong suffered after he took the drug. He saw both of their struggles. Jaehyun couldn't even leave his husband's side without Taeyong screaming in pain. Winwin having the same type of pain terrified him and it made him forget the importance of knowing his reason. Winwin's wellness came first, as always.

"Dr. Park said 2 weeks to a month. She checked him when we brought him here. Fortunately, the doctor did it right. The P2 was administered correctly. You have nothing to worry about."

“But that doesn’t mean he’s off the hook,” Yuta responded. His eyes were now lidded with anger.

“I’ll make sure he’ll pay for this. Now rest. Taeyong and I will be staying here since you can’t take care of Winwin by yourself. Minho will take over your work in the meantime, so focus on getting better.”

Yuta nodded to his boss.

 

***

It took 2 days before the initial pain subsided, and just like what Jaehyun hoped during Taeyong's time, Yuta preferred his husband unconscious most of the time to lessen the pain.

Winwin would only wake up to eat. He couldn't even stand on his own. He also had chills every night, waking them all up until Yuta took the night shift so the couple could rest. The two were against it at first but was Yuta was determined.

Not even a week passed by and the three of them were equally exhausted, and yet no one said anything about it.

It also took Taeyong a lot of effort to make Haechan visit his brother. If Jaehyun didn't warn him of not allowing Mark to see him during his therapy, Haechan would have not agreed.

Maybe it was the right timing because Winwin was wide awake since he got the P2. He was seated on the bed with his back rested on the headboard. Yuta just finished feeding him when Haechan walked into their room.

He planned to just stand there and leave once he got to see his brother, but Taeyong has other plans. He told his husband to take Yuta out so the brothers could talk. He also warned Haechan to be good since Winwin was not in a good state.

Winwin's eyes sparkled when he saw their youngest, but he couldn't talk since his throat felt like it was on fire. It was another effect of the P2. He was happy to see Haechan there.

Haechan wasn't.

The youngest sat at the foot of his brother's bed, albeit reluctantly. Taeyong stood behind him with his hands on his shoulders, making sure he couldn't go anywhere.

“How are you?” Haechan asked, not looking at Winwin. He rehearsed that line on his way. If it wasn’t for Taeyong, he wouldn’t waste his time to visit someone who hates him.

The older gave him a weak smile. Then it was awkward. Gone were the long talks they used to have. Their playfulness was just a thing of the past. One was longing and on the verge of tears, and the other was indifferent and cold. How the tables have turned?

Taeyong didn't like what was happening in front of him. It pained him to see his brothers treating each other like strangers. He had enough, and he was determined to let the two talk. It was long overdue.

“I’m going outside so you two can talk.”

The youngest wanted to protest, but Taeyong shut him up even before he could open his mouth.

“No one’s going to leave this room until you fix everything."

There was that familiar authority that Taeyong had. Winwin and Haechan felt nostalgic.

The feeling vanished in an instant when they were left alone.  Winwin was already wiping his tears that kept coming out with the back of his hand. It was hard to talk, but he was trying his best.

Haechan, on the other hand, found the bedsheet more interesting.

There was a long silence. The other one was reluctant to start, and the other one was trying hard to act uninterested.

It was only cut off when Haechan felt Winwin's hand on top of his. He then looked up, and that was the first time he saw his brother in that state, pale and weak.

"I-I'm s-sorry."

It was barely a whisper but loud enough for the youngest to hear and strong enough to soften his heart.

No words were needed after that. Haechan's tears were trigged. They flowed endlessly like an opened dam.

He slowly made his way to his brother and hugged his frail body while they both cried. One was asking for forgiveness, and the other willingly gave it. Heartaches and anger vanished in the thin air like it didn't even exist.

Just a simple apology and no other words were needed after.

 

***

 

Taeyong gave them an hour before he decided to see and check if everything was going just right. He frowned when he heard nothing when he placed his ear on the door before knocking. No one answer, so he went inside. What he saw made him tear up.

Winwin and Haechan were lying beside each other with the younger's head resting on his brother's chest, sleeping peacefully. Both have a small smile on their faces. Winwin showed no sign of pain, and Haechan showed contentment.

For the first time since he got married, the heaviness caused by their fight, vanished. Taeyong never felt more relieved.

He carefully closed the door behind him and joined his brothers on the bed with Haechan in the middle. He missed those nights where they cuddled together before going to sleep. He thought those things would never happen again, but they did. Heaven answered his prayers.

He, too, fell asleep, happy.

 

aejae22

*****************************************************

hi.... I have no excuse... Sorry for updating only now.

Please leave a comment.

I will post this on AO3 tomorrow. I hope I made the right decision.