The Rebellion, the Sickness, and the Refusal

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 21

The Rebellion, the Sickness, and the Refusal

 

 

“Faster… faster…”

Yuta obliged and buried his aching member into Winwin’s needy hole. The younger was on his knees and grasping the sheets for dear life. Moments later, Winwin came and Yuta followed. Both were exhausted as they lay side by side for what they’ve done in for the third time that day. This time, Winwin managed to reach Yuta’s bedroom, unlike the first time.

“Your brother is going to kill me this time and I bet Jaehyun will also help him murder me.” Yuta panted and gave the tired Winwin a kiss on the lips.

Winwin kissed back like an expert. They had been doing this for a few days already and it was enough for him to learn a few moves to satisfy himself and Yuta.

“He won’t. I’ll be an adult in a few days.”

“You are one rebellious kid. You even managed to get me involved with your antics.”

Winwin turned to his side and looked at Yuta intently. “You’re the one who kept on bugging me. Are you having second thoughts now?”

“I kept on bugging you to date me, not like this. Goodness, we’re like rabbits in heat whenever we’re together.”

“Should we stop this then?” Winwin’s look was challenging and Yuta wasn’t the one to back out easily.

“I never thought that you have this side of you. I have to admit that you never fail to make me feel hot.”

“You like it?”

“I love it.”

“Prove it then.”

Yuta was more than happy to comply. He started to go down and prepared himself to pleasure the soon to be adult in his bed.

Ever since Jaehyun and Taeyong got married, Winwin and Haechan transferred to the apartment just beside their brother’s and his husband. Taeil made it a point that Yuta and Mark were not allowed to touch them and get close to them within a 100-meter distance. Jaehyun strictly instructed his hyung to take care of the two while the newlyweds were on their honeymoon to calm Taeyong down. It was like a restraining order and Taeil did his job well. Mark wasn’t able to even catch a glimpse of Haechan who lived just above them.

Yuta, on the other hand, has other means. He continued to approach Winwin in his school and didn’t stop until the younger agreed to come with him to dinner.  It continued for a few days until they got drunk once again and Winwin told him to bring him home, not to their new house, but to Yuta’s. That time, Winwin initiated everything. Yuta tried his best to keep his hand off the younger.

He meant it when he promised Taeil not to touch Winwin anymore and he intended to keep that promise and get into Taeyong’s good side so he can gain his trust to let him date his younger brother. 

Winwin had another plan, though. He was assertive on a new level and his moves were hard to ignore. Yuta successfully dodged Winwin’s obvious and blatant seduction the first time. The younger was drunk while Yuta was on his right mind. He learned his lesson the hard way and won’t repeat the same mistake twice. But this defense collapsed the next morning when he woke up with Winwin’s mouth on his already hard member. He was just human, and it was his moment of weakness.

To hell with Taeyong and Jaehyun. Winwin was going to be his and Yuta swore that he was going to stay on his side forever, even if he had to face the huge storm on his way that was Taeyong.

 

 

***


 

 

Winwin felt alone and abandoned when Taeyong suddenly decided to get married. Sadness and longing filled the two brother’s heart when Taeyong left after the wedding. For the first time, they were left alone and Winwin had to take charge. It was a new experience. Weakness and vulnerability took over when the oldest left and Winwin knew that it was going to stay that way, even when his brother and his husband arrive from their trip.

They were no longer his brother’s priorities. The sudden change of events and setup came without a warning. There was no preparation. The next day after the wedding, they left the old house on top of the old building where they stayed for a long time since their father passed. They didn't even get the chance to talk to their brother before he left.

A lot of depressing thoughts and negativity took over Winwin’s mind since the wedding. He wanted to be happy for Taeyong, he swore he wanted to because Taeyong deserved it, but he couldn’t force himself. Taeyong’s sudden decision broke his heart, but he couldn’t blame him for it.

The two brothers were not Taeyong’s responsibility, to begin with. They were just brothers in the paper and Taeyong did everything to take care of them so he had no right to stop the older to do what he wanted. He had no right to take away what was going to make his brother happy. He felt pity for himself and Haechan. They grew up so dependent on Taeyong and now that he got married, they were having a hard time coping.

Jaehyun took their brother away from them. With their new brother-in-law, they had another person to fight for Taeyong’s attention. Winwin felt rebellious, angry, unstable, and miserable. He was missing Taeyong so much and in the weakest and lowest point of his teenage life, Yuta came.

Yuta came at the right time and Winwin willingly embraced the only person who was willing to take care of him.

Yuta was a great distraction.

 

 

***

 

 

“Papa, are they going to inject me again?” The three-year-old asked his father as they were currently waiting for their turn. It was Kun’s monthly check up and every time Doyoung set his foot in that place, he hoped for good news or even a slight movement on the waiting list.

“No, dear. They will just look if you are healthier than the last time we went here,” Doyoung answered as he pulled away from the stray hair on Kun’s pale face.

“I am healthy, Papa. Winwinie hyung and Chanie hyung made me eat fruits.” Kun replied and even raised his thin arms, showing his ‘muscles’ to his Papa.

“That’s very good, Kun. Just eat your fruits and I promised that it will be better.”

Kun nodded as if he really understood what his father meant. His young and innocent mind had no idea about the danger his disease could do to his body. His weight was below normal and his skin had that unhealthy color that could easily bruise. He couldn’t play actively like his classmates or even ran for a short distance. Even walking was hard to do. He gets tired easily, so he just stayed in a corner whenever his friends were playing.

Sickle Cell Disease. A disease that affects the hemoglobin in the red blood cells that delivers oxygen to cells throughout the body. People with this kind of disease has distorted red blood cells in the shape of a crescent or sickle.

This disease was the one responsible for Kun’s weak immune system, fatigue and frequent shortness of breath. He had it since he was two years old and for over a year the kid had suffered the effects of the sickness. He relied on blood transfusion to sustain his life while he was on the waiting list for a bone marrow transplant. The list was long and no assurance. 

Doyoung worked tirelessly to support his son and his studies at the same time. They only have each other since Doyoung’s parents disowned him when they learned that he was pregnant with Kun. His only brother also turned his back on him. What hurts the most was that even Kun’s father didn't return after a drama that happened between him and hs family. Doyoung was left all alone.

It was heartbreaking and the teen, pregnant and alone, was terrified, but he didn’t falter. At eighteen, he took every job he could find just to earn enough money to support his pregnancy. After nine months, Kun was born and Doyoung found a new source of strength and inspiration. It was hard, but his friends, Ten and Taeyong, were there all along to give a helping hand. Ten gave him a job without the fear of getting fired whenever he had to take Kun to the hospital. Taeyong, although he couldn’t help financially, lend a helping hand by babysitting his baby whenever Doyoung was busy. They were getting by and the young father started to dream, not only for him but for his child.

All his dreams were shattered, though, when one time, Kun suddenly lose consciousness while he was playing. Bruises started to appear all over his body and Doyoung was alarmed. He took him to the hospital and after a series of tests, it was found out that the then 2 years old was suffering from sickle cell disease. Doyoung’s heart fell into his stomach as he heard the news and he cried for days. He desperately looked for help and begged doctors to look for a cure that was going to save his only son’s life.

The only cure was a bone marrow transplant. Doyoung, Ten, Taeyong and even his brothers took the expensive and painful test just to see if they were compatible to donate. 

No one was compatible with Kun and Doyoung’s world collapsed. They were put on the waiting list and it’s been a year and the list barely moved. Doyoung wanted to lose hope, but seeing his cheerful and sweet face of Kun, all worries disappeared and he promised to fight with his son.

The doctor told them that Kun’s life can be extended through blood transfusion. From then on, Doyoung’s friends became Kun’s life support. Every quarter, one of them was scheduled to give a portion of their blood to extend Kun’s life. But with his age and weakening body, 8 years was the maximum lifespan. Ten years were going to be a miracle. If only Doyoung could give half his life or even his whole life just to extend Kun’s, he would gladly do it. It pained him to know that even he was the one who gave birth to him, he wasn’t able to give the needed bone marrow. Every day for the father and son was a struggle, but they never stopped hoping that someone kind enough was going to donate.

Kun’s heart was strong. Deep inside, he was longing and praying for him and his father before they went to bed at night, that his other father will come and save them. His Doyoung Papa never told him about his other father, but in Kun’s young mind, the missing father became a superhero that was going to save him from his sickness when the right moment comes, just like in the movies. Kun had been waiting for the moment ever since.

If only their life was in a movie. It was going to be a guaranteed happy ending.

 


***

 

“Iced Vanilla latte for table 3.” Ten placed the drink on the counter and the server delivered it to the said table.

Johnny, who just arrived at the café, smiled at his busy lover. Ten was wearing their uniform and light brown apron with the café’s logo in front. He was busy supervising the new employee while making coffee and failed to notice the big guy who was staring at him. It was rush hour, so the café was jam-packed. Since Taeyong was on his honeymoon and Doyoung had to take Kun to the hospital for his monthly check-up, Ten had to work double time.

The café was passed down to him by his parents who decided to come back to Thailand when their work as Thai ambassadors was over. Ten was only in middle school when they moved and he fell in love with the cold weather of Seoul and his parents decided to stay in Korea for good and put up the café using the special visa they had as ambassadors. But they changed their minds and they suddenly decided to go back to Thailand. Ten decided to stay and his parents gave the café to him to support himself. The café was the only thing keeping him from coming back to Thailand.

Feeling proud of his lover, Johnny stood in line to place his order at the cashier.

“Johnny’s Ten, please,” he told the cashier and the lady gave him a weird look and told him that it wasn’t available on the menu. Johnny smiled and couldn’t blame the cashier since Ten’ Surprise was specially concocted for him by Ten himself. He was the only who had the special privilege to order it.

Weirded out, the cashier still punched the order and Ten immediately turned around when he saw the receipt. He instantly recognized the drink and he smiled when he saw his lover at the counter.

Johnny smiled and waved. Ten started to mixed the drink and the big guy decided to wait for it on a vacant table near the window.

Johnny’s Ten arrived after a while and Johnny happily sipped the personalized blend. It was just basically Thai iced coffee with almond flavoring and ground cardamom. What made it so special and one of a kind was that Ten added watermelon, which was his favorite fruit. It was weird, but his lover managed to make it work together and it tasted really good. Johnny used to drink Americano. It helped him to concentrate on his job, but the special drink made him more inspired. Maybe because it was Ten who made it.

A couple of minutes more and the rush hour was finally over. Ten left the counter for a while. He removed his apron before he sat down in front of Johnny and gave him a kiss.

“You look good in your apron,” Johnny complimented which earned a sweet smile for Ten.

“Thanks, you look good in a suit. But I like you more without it.” Ten winked and Johnny almost choked on his drink. Ten laughed at his misfortune while Johnny turned beet red.

“Naughty,” Johnny said after he recovered from the almost choking incident.

“Only for you. What brings you here? Lunch break is still in 2 hours.”

Johnny put down his drink and took ten’s hand that was on the table and massaged them gently.

“I missed you.”

“Cheesy.”

“It’s true. Since The boss is away, we have more free time so I can leave the office whenever I want.”

“That is not a good habit.”

“It’s not a habit, babe. I’m just taking advantage of Jaehyun’s absence. That guy will surely fire us with  a lot of work when he arrives.”

Ten nodded, but he knew there was something else that Johnny wanted to tell him, so he waited.

“My parents are coming from Chicago. They’re going to be here just for a night and they want to meet you personally.”

It was Ten’s turn to choke with his own saliva.

“Your p-parents? Why do they want to see me?”

Johnny felt the sudden uneasiness of his lover and he paled a bit when he mentioned his parents.

“Because I’ve told them about you and they’re really excited to finally meet you.”

“Do they know that I’m a guy?”

Johnny gave him an assuring smile and gently massaged Ten’s slightly shaking hand. “Don’t worry, babe. They are very accepting and they are excited to see you.”

Ten pulled his hand away from Johnny and he started fidgeting in his seat.

“B-But I’m not ready, yet. Why didn’t you tell me about it sooner? When are they going to arrive?”

Sensing the tensed atmosphere surrounding Ten, he took his hand once again and tried to calm him down.

“Babe, don’t worry. I’m sure my parent will like you since I’ve told them only great things about you. You don’t have to worry about anything. They will arrive in two days and we’ll just have dinner together since they have to leave the next day for their business trip to China. They wanted to see you that’s why they decided to stop over here.”

“But it’s too early. I’m not ready yet.” Ten was definitely getting more nervous by the minute.

“Babe, you just have to be you. They’ll love you. I promise.”

“No!” Ten pulled his hand once again and abruptly stood. “I don’t want to meet them. Sorry, but I’m not coming with you,” he then said and walked back to the kitchen, leaving a flabbergasted Johnny who was thinking of what he did wrong.

 

 

 

aejae22

********************************************************************

Hi.

Would you feel the same as Winwin?

If you were Doyoung, would you look for Kun's father for a chance of compatiblity for the transplant?

Why do you think Ten refused to meet Johnny's parents?