Refusal

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 14

REFUSAL

Both Yuta and Taeyong raced to Winwin's side the moment he fell on the floor, but Yuta beat the other. Yuta swore he heard Taeyong growl when he tried to touch the unconscious man, so he stepped back. Johnny immediately went out of the office, and Jaehyun rushed to Taeyong's side.

Taeyong cradled the pale Winwin and gently tapped his paper white cheeks and got no reaction. He tried not to cry despite the worry bubbling in his chest. He won't let the men of NCT see him at his weakest. He refused to let them see him this way. 

"Taeyong-sshi, let's lay him on the sofa, Johnny called the company doctor. He will be here soon."

Taeyong heard the instructions, so he complied without looking at the person who said it. Soon enough, the company doctor came and looked at the pale boy now lying on the sofa with his head on Taeyong's lap.

The wait was agonizing for both Taeyong and Yuta. The latter was forced to avoid Winwin or risk being chewed off by Taeyong. Johnny is holding his arms tightly for safety measures.

"There's nothing to worry about," Mr. Park Yoochun, the doctor, said, earning a sigh of relief from everyone in the room. 
"He's just exhausted and needs some rest."

Guilt flooded Taeyong. It was somehow his fault why it came to this. He refused to listen to Winwin and let his anger get the best of him. But who could blame him? No one will remain quiet after seeing your brother in that state. Taeyong may be feeling guilty, but he didn't regret hurting the culprit.

"I suppose you also want those wounds treated," Dr. Park said to Yuta as he eyed the latter's equally severely bruised face.

Yuta looked up from Winwin to the doctor and shook his head. "I'm okay."

"You will not be okay after I'm done with you." Taeyong hissed while looking down at Winwin. All men, including the doctor, looked at Yuta. In an instant, Dr. Park understood what Taeyong meant.

"I'll just get my kit to treat those marks on the patient." He then left the room, and when he returned, he's with a woman. He introduced her as another doctor, his wife, who happened to visit him that day. "I want you all out of this room," he then said to the four guys. 

They complied as well as Yuta, albeit reluctantly. The moment they were out, Dr. Park allowed his wife to examine Winwin. 

"Will you allow me to check on him? I specialized in male pregnancy, and my husband told me about the marks. Is this his first time?" Dr. Park Reimi asked Taeyong. 

"I-I would like to believe, yes."

The female doctor nodded. "Will you allow me to look at him down there?"

Looking at the unmoving figure, Taeyong nodded. His instinct told him to trust the doctors. Dr. Park Reimi smiled kindly at him, so he agreed. His mother also had that kind of smile.

Both doctors moved fast, and they talked while examining Winwin, using medical terms unfamiliar to him. All those moments, Winwin stayed unconscious.

"Is he compatible with pregnancy?" Dr. Reimi asked.

"Yes, he was injected with P1 when he was 12."

"How old is he now?"

"17."

"I supposed he's not injected with P2 yet."

"No."
Because of the fast evolution of Science and Technology, medicine that can make a male pregnant developed. When a male child is born, he will undergo screening for compatibility. It is to check if he is capable of carrying a child in the future. If he passed the compatibility test, Phase 1 or P1 drugs would be injected when he reached 12. It will help the body prepare for the next phase, the administration of Phase 2 or P2. This drug will activate the male reproductive system and produce necessary things to create and carry human life. The administration of phase 2 drugs is not mandatory, though. Only men who are compatible and injected with P1 will be allowed to get it and, of course, with a mutual agreement between the male and his partner.

"Then we don't have the problem of him getting pregnant."

Though already aware of this fact, Taeyong still heaved a sigh of relief. But at the same time disappointed because it just proved that something happened between Winwin and Yuta.

"His first time," the lady doctor told her husband and looked at the two guys with understanding. "I advise you to take him home in a cab once he wakes up. Walking will be hard for him since he's swollen, and every movement will be strenuous in the coming days.

Taeyong just nodded and thanked the doctors. Winwin stirred and finally opened his eyes. He's met with three pairs of eyes, and what happened flooded his mind.

"Let's go home." He weakly pleaded to Taeyong, but Dr. Park answered for Taeyong.

"Rest for a few minutes, and then you can go. We will talk to the other guys," he said and then left the room. Taeyong gave them a slight bow and thanked them on their way out.


***


Dr. Park found the four guys in the conference room, and all of them are in deep thoughts except for Yuta, who seemed to be restless and worry written all over his face.
"I am disappointed in you Yuta, how could you do that to a minor." Dr. Park started and pulled one chair for his wife to sit on. 
Yuta looked at the doctor in remorse, but the doctor knew it wasn't because he regretted taking the boy's first time but because the said boy is hurting because of him. He knew the four guys too well.

"Uncle, how is he?" Johnny asked his uncle.

Dr. Reimi answered for his husband, and the lady told them straight on. "He's swollen. His body is full of hickeys and in great pain." The statement made Yuta looked down in shame. "He just woke up, and I wouldn't blame the brother if he decided to sue, you ."

"Aunty."

"He's a minor, and let's not include the fact that he's compatible with pregnancy because he wouldn't get pregnant without the drug after all, but really, Yuta?

"I like him."

All of them scoffed at him. If they were not in a serious situation, they could have laughed at him. Since when Yuta started liking someone? Yuta is the resident playboy for a reason. He is not capable of falling in love or even liking someone. That was what he always said.

Dr. Park took his kit and forced Yuta to sit in front of him to treat his wounds. They may be the reason why Yuta started to talk nonsense.

A few moments later, the secretary interrupted them, who told them that Taeyong and Winwin left the room. The four immediately rushed out to stop them and found them in the lobby already.


***


Winwin's left arm is hooked over Taeyong's neck, and his brother's arm is around his waist, guiding him as he walked slowly. The doctor was right. The pain was unbearable.

"Honey."

Winwin's eyes widened when he heard that word again and stopped in his tracks. Taeyong looked back. In an instant, his protective stance returned, and the look he gave Yuta almost made the latter froze to death. He wasn't chosen as Mystic Man without reason, and Taeyong is sure that Jaehyun noticed that.

"One more step, and you will meet your death."

"Hyung."

"Let me take you home." Yuta stepped forward, and Taeyong growled at him once again. If he wasn't holding Winwin, he could've kicked him in the gut once more.

"Taeyong," Jaehyun stepped up. "Let me take you both home so we could talk about this."

"No." Taeyong answered, "We will talk about it in front of a lawyer because I will sue that for forcing my brother."

"Hyung, no." Winwin looked at Taeyong, pleading. He detached himself from his brother's arms and stepped back at him. 

"Don't. I-I don't want to."

"What?" 

"Let's go home. I have decided not to sue Yuta since I didn't stop him from doing it."

"Who are you to decide when you can't even protect yourself from that freak? You said you were drunk and out of your right mind when that happened, so how can I trust you to decide on this?"

"Hyung, please."

"I am your brother, and I didn't fight for the two of you just to be mistreated by this kind of people. First, it was Haechan, and then now, you? I'm sorry, SiCheng, but I can't let this pass."

Winwin knew that his brother is only doing this for them, but he is realistic. Yuta is freaking rich. He witnessed that himself and suing him would mean using all the resources they have, which were close to nothing. He couldn't bear to watch Taeyong work his body to exhaustion once again. But Winwin saw the determination in his eyes. He first saw the kind of determination when Taeyong was in court fighting for their custody, and Winwin knew there was nothing he could do to stop him, so he did what he thought best.

"Then, I am not cooperating."

Taeyong looked at him like he grew two heads. 

"What did you say?"

"I said I would not cooperate," Winwin said in between sobs. "You can sue him, but I won't say a single word."

After a moment of silence, Taeyong answered, "I see." 

Taeyong suddenly felt defeated and chose not to say a single word anymore. He took Winwin's arms once again, and they left the building in silence. 

The four guys could do nothing but to see them leave.

Yuta wanted to run after them, but it's not a good idea, and any wrong action could make Winwin disappear into his life forever. The only regret he has was forcing Winwin to go home with him, but the rest was pure bliss, and he wouldn't change a thing. He's somehow thankful that the younger didn't allow his brother to sue him, but that also meant that he has to wait a long time to earn his trust be on the good side of Taeyong. The older was right. He's a freak and an . But what can he do? Winwin has that significant effect on him, and it's not easy to let go.

Jaehyun, on the other side, had a stoic face, but a piece of his heart broke for the second time. Taeyong did not acknowledge him, not even once. The happiness he felt when he saw Taeyong entered his office was only short-lived. He thought it was the miracle he was waiting for, a chance to make him feel his love and care that he failed to do when he was still his employee. With what happened, his chance of winning Taeyong back when into negative.

***


Taeyong and Winwin finally arrived home, and the older prepared a bath for Winwin. He helped him wash, change his clothes, and prepared his bed for him. Once settled on his bed, the older prepared food for them. It was past lunch already, and all of them are hungry. Taeyong did this without saying a single word. Haechan and Kun just looked at him, but no one said anything. They just helped him prepare the table. 

Soon they started eating. Taeyong even helped Winwin to eat, but the older remained quiet. It went like this until the next day. Taeyong did his daily chores and routine in silence. He went to work in the café without uttering a single word. His friend noticed it, too, but they chose to let him be. Even the diva Ten decided not to say anything. Taeyong will tell them about it when he's ready.

Taeyong took over Winwin's job at the neorabang once again. He did not bother to answer his boss's question about Winwin. The boss insisted, so he just gave him a look that shut him off immediately.

The silence of the house is bothering Haechan already. Winwin cried a lot because of Taeyong's coldness toward him. No one was willing to talk about what happened, so he decided that it's best to go back to school on Monday. His wounds and bruised are almost healed, and he could avoid Mark or ask his teacher if he could transfer classes. He would do anything to make Taeyong talk so Winwin would stop crying.

Taeyong arrived home late last night. Winwin prepared dinner to get some reaction from their eldest brother, but it was unsuccessful. All his attempts failed, which eventually led to Winwin crying until he fell asleep. Haechan felt terrible for both of his brothers. Tables have turned. Before, Taeyong pleaded to Winwin to forgive him and at least talk to him, but now it was the other way around. It is also the first time Taeyong refused to speak to them. He didn't even ask how their day went. The youngest could only wish everything will be alright soon.

But of course, it's just getting started.


***


"I hope they could work it out," Johnny said as he hugged Ten tighter. The two are about to fall asleep for once. Ten is not in the mood to do something naughty. 

"I hope so, too. Taeyong didn't even say anything at work today." Ten responded with a hug and closed his eyes. "Your friend must do something about it so I can tell my friends about you already."

Johnny smiled and kissed the top of his love's head. "You can always tell them anytime."

"Are you crazy? With what just happened? Taeyong will kill me."

"I won't let him, Babe."

"I know." Ten laughed as he looked up to meet his lover's waiting lips. "But we should probably sleep before this leads to somewhere."

"You're right."


aejae22

*************************************************************************************************

If you were Taeyong, would you do the same thing? Will you act the way he did?

Please tell me what you think about it.

I hope you're ready for the next chapter.

Our youngest couple next.