They're Back

Romantic Cliché

 

 

CHAPTER 46

THEY'RE BACK

 


“Ten’s pregnant?” Johnny looked at the doctor like it grew ten heads.

The doctor frowned at him in return. “What is wrong with that? He has taken the P2 and has a very healthy and capable body to have a child.”

“B-but he said he’s on birth control.” Johnny wanted to be sure his heart cannot handle another heartbreak.

The doctor nodded in understanding while Taeyong and Jaehyun just stood beside their friend in support.

“Is he taking them regularly?”

That made Johnny confused. He had no idea. “I don’t know, he never told me.” He got teary-eyed once again as he remembered the moment Ten told him that he was taking birth control. That moment started everything.

“Well, birth control pills are tricky, they may not work if not taken regularly, and if the patient got pregnant, it means that the pills did not work,” the doctor patiently explained.

“So, I’m going to be a father?” In an instant, a realization hit Johnny. Ten was indeed carrying his child. The thought put a small to his tormented face.

The doctor smiled and shook his hand. “You are going to be a father, Mr. Seo.”

Since that fateful night, Johnny smiled like he won the lottery.

 


***

 

Two hours passed, Ten finally gained consciousness. Johnny was by his side. The Jung couple left a while ago after the doctor said that Ten was okay.

There were no words. Ten just looked at Johnny, waiting for him to speak and tell him what happened.

“You’re not going anywhere, if that’s what you’re thinking,” Johnny said, but he was wrong.

Ten was thinking of different things even when everything around him seemed like spiraling. Why was Johnny still there? He should have left him. After everything that happened, Ten still can’t forgive himself. But, the fact that the person he loved the most was right beside him when he opened his eyes sent a tingling sensation on his veins that went straight to his heart. He felt happy, and a tinge of happiness sparked.

“Why are you here?” Ten still wanted to make sure he wasn’t just dreaming and also to make sure that the person he loved the most forgave him already. That was the only way he could forgive himself.

Johnny looked at him like he said the weirdest thing.

“You’re asking me that question? Of course, I am here, I am your boyfriend for god’s sake."

“Last time I checked, we already broke up.”

“Well, check again.”

Ten looked away, not wanting Johnny to see his real feeling and perhaps that little smile that was threatening to show.

“You lied, do you always do this?” Johnny said that made Ten look at him once again, face now painted with worry.

“What do you mean?”

“You told me you’re on birth control.”

Ten looked away once again. The action told Johnny that Ten indeed knew about his pregnancy.

“So, you know why you’re here.” Johnny’s voice cracked. He couldn’t believe that Ten did not tell him.

“I didn’t lie.”

“You did not tell me either. You’re planning to go back to Thailand and take our child with you.” Ten let go a sigh of relief, at least Johnny didn't think that the baby wasn't his.

“Is that why you still here, because of the baby?” Ten’s heart sank. He didn't want to hear the answer to his question.

Johnny’s heart broke once again. It was hard to stop his tears from falling, but he had to be strong for Ten and their baby.

“After everything we’ve been through, you still don’t know me. Pregnant or not, I want you, and I will never let you leave my side again. Please stop making me feel like I'm the most stupid person for making you cry. Stop making me feel like I don’t care about you.” The big man’s voice finally cracked, too much pain and guilt were eating him inside. “I made a huge mistake, and I know I broke your heart and I will carry the guilt of those things to you for the rest of my life, but letting you go is never an option,” he said with a voice full of regret.

Ten realized something. He wasn’t the only one who was hurting. Johnny can’t also forgive himself. That was a heartbreaking realization that showed to his face. Both of them were hurting. Ten was just too stubborn to give in.

“Of course, I’m having your baby. I’m sure you’ll do the same if that woman gets pregnant.” Ten’s poisonous words came out despite holding his emotions back in. He wanted to make sure, he just has to. Johnny was bitten by those words.

“What do you want me to do just to prove to you that nothing happened to us?” The big guy wiped a stray tear on his face in pure desperation, and also reminding himself that the love of his life was pregnant and that both of them were too tired to argue.

Ten didn’t answer, so Johnny continued.

“You are not going anywhere, pregnant or not. If you persist, I will follow you to Thailand,” he said in finality.

Ten fought the urge to smile and to wave his white flag right then and there. He got the assurance he was looking for. Johnny was going to have a hard time pleasing the Thai for he was already planning his punishment to his head.

 

 

***

 

Taeyong immediately prepared the ingredients for their dinner when they got home despite his husband’s protest. Jaehyun wanted to just eat out since it’s already late. Both of them got their fair share of stress the moment Johnny called them, panicking. Just like their usually petty arguments over the tiniest things, Jaehyun lost, more like, he gave in. He never won any arguments since Taeyong discovered his superweapon. A small pout, almost invisible, that never failed to make Jaehyun swoon.  So the CEO just went to the living room, and open his laptop to get some work down.

The beef stew was boiling when Taeyong fell into deep thoughts. Haechan was still nowhere to be found. He and Winwin decided that they will start looking for him, even if Jaehyun stopped them and promised that he will be the one to look for his brother. It wasn’t enough to give the former some peace of mind, though. He hadn’t had enough sleep since then. Guilt was slowly eating him alive because of the thoughts that he failed Haechan as a brother. He was beyond worried, especially when he learned that Haechan almost took his life.

He almost jumped when Jaehyun suddenly appeared beside him and pull him away as he turned off the stove. The stew boiled over and his hand almost got burned. Luckily, his husband was fast enough to get by his side when the food started to smell.

Taeyong was in the middle of apologizing when the doorbell rang. Jaehyun was the one who got it.

It took a while before Jaehyun came back. Taeyong frowned. He wondered who it was that’s taking his husband too long. He followed and was stunned when he saw someone’s head was buried on his husband’s chest and hugging him like his life was depending on him. Without looking at his face, Taeyong knew who it was and seeing that person took the heavy load off of his shoulder.

“Haechan,” he whispered, loud enough for the youngest to raise his head from Jaehyun’s chest and ran to his brother’s waiting arms.

“Sorry, I’m sorry,” Haechan cried, now in Taeyong’s chest. He hugged him tight like he didn’t want to let go.

“Shhh,” Taeyong replied. “It’s me who has to apologize. I drowned with problems that I forgot about you.” This time, no more tears. Taeyong was happy that his youngest brother was back.

“I’m sorry, it will never happen again.” Haechan’s hug tightened.

“So, shall we eat out?” Jaehyun suggested a bit eagerly, which earned an unamused look from his husband. He understood the look so he just went to the kitchen, disappointed that they have to eat burnt stew.

“Whipped.” He heard Haechan whisper. He didn’t bother to retort. He was right anyway.

 

***

“I know you were with Mark the whole time,” Jaehyun said after taking a sip from his coffee. They just had their dinner, which was surprisingly still good even it was overcooked, not burnt as Taeyong said.

Taeyong looked at him in disbelief. Jaehyun new where Haechan was all the time, and he didn’t bother to tell him.
The latter understood the look and sighed. He answered the questioning eyes that Taeyong gave him.

“I wanted to make sure, and I know if he’s really with Mark, he’s safe. Mark will not do anything to harm Haechan, he learned his lesson, right Haechan?” Jaehyun then looked at Haechan for approval.

Haechan just nodded. It was better to leave details on why he left, and what stupid things he tried to do while he was gone. He still had no idea that Mark told them about his suicide attempt. It will probably break his brother's heart and won't stop blaming himself. 

“I was worried the whole time. Mark just asked me about Haechan at the party, and I didn’t know what to answer.”

“It was to despise us,” Jaehyun answered. “He knew that we have been neglecting Haechan,” he looked at the youngest apologetically. “The party was the right place for him. He wanted to despise me and make you feel guilty.”

“Party?” Haechan stopped from eating. “What party?”

Jaehyun and Taeyong looked at him worriedly, but they still chose to answer. “We had a party to announce our marriage and to celebrate some successful deals. He came and made a scene.” Jaehyun shook his head at the last sentence. “He was so mad, ready to pounce everyone that came his way even he’s still in a wheelchair.”

“He didn’t tell me.”

“Mark likes to take matters on his own, especially if it involves his friends. He didn’t tell you because he knew you’re going to be worried.”

“He’s always worried about me,” Haechan looked down.

“To be honest with you, Haechan,” Jaehyun said after took a sip from his cup of coffee. “Taeil hyung and I talked to his doctor about his legs. They are not getting better, they're getting worse. He also missed an important operation.”

This made Haechan look up, shock evident on his face. 

“What?”

“He needs that operation as soon as possible, or he may not be able to walk again.”

“He told me he was getting better.”

“You said it yourself, he doesn’t want you to worry about him.”

“That monkey is so stubborn.” Haechan hissed in frustration.

“If only we could convince him to do it. We tried everything. I can’t even remember the last time he went home.”

“He’s not home, yet?” Haechan's eye grew bigger in disbelief. “What do you mean he’s not home, yet? He told me we're going home together. We even left together.

“Taeil hyung called me a while ago, we’ve been looking for him. He needs to see the doctor.”

Haechan sighed in frustration. He wanted to smack the living daylight out of Mark at that moment.

“I know where he is.”


***

“You stayed here?” Taeyong asked as they walked at the very familiar street.

They stopped at the building where the brothers lived when their father died. Their run down rooftop house was still there, and the light was on, an indication that someone was there that moment.

Haechan didn’t answer and instead made his way to the stairs.
He was right. Mark was still there. He didn’t fulfill his promise of going home. He was there, having a hard time making his bed on the floor. 

Lucas, Jungwoo, and Yeri were nowhere to be found. Maybe they got home already for it was already late. A bowl of ramen and a bottle of water was on the table. The wheelchair was on the corner while mark crawled to his bed. Haechan teared up. It hasn’t been a day since he left that place and seeing Mark in that state made him realized how bad their situation when he was there. The broken heater only made it worse, and yet Mark still decided to stay there and not to go home.

“Why are you still here?” Mark flinched at the familiar voice. He immediately turned around to see Haechan by the door, behind him were Taeyong and the last person he wanted to see, his brother.

“Haechan," he said, not acknowledging the two behind him.

“You promised me you will go home and see the doctor.”
Mark bit his lower lip, out of words.

“Why are you still here?”

“I-I…”

“You told me your legs are getting better.”

Mark looked down guiltily. He was still on the floor because he couldn't move.

“Mark, you’re coming with us, you need-,” Jaehyun said, but Mark was quick to react. He didn’t even let his brother finished.

“No!”

“Mark!” said both Jaehyun and Haechan.

“I’m not coming with you!”

“You need to see the doctor or you’ll never be able to walk again.”

“I don’t care!”

“Mark, listen to Jaehyun hyung!” Haechan said, hoping Mark will do what he was told.

“I rather not walk for the rest of my life than to listen to him!”

That hurt Jaehyun, but he didn’t show it. Taeyong noticed and felt bad for his husband.

“You can be mad at me for the rest of your life, but you have to see the doctor first!”

Mark was indeed stubborn.

“I won’t,” he said with full conviction.

Haechan has other plans. He was already frustrated and mad the guy on the floor. He wasn't going to no for an answer.

“This will the last time we’ll see each other if you will not come with us,” said Haechan.

That left Mark with no choice.

 

***

Meanwhile, Yuta was about to go out and get some coffee from a popular café because the coffee in their office , he planned to tell the CEO about it, when someone, who was the last one he wanted to see, called him.

“Yuta!”

He continued walking as if he hadn’t heard the call, instantly regretting his original plan. The company coffee probably wouldn’t be that bad. Too late, though, the guy caught his arm so he had no choice but to stop, put on an empty expression and face him.

“Can we talk?”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Ji. We don’t talk about business in the street. You can schedule an appointment if you want to,” he said, trying his hard to sound professional and unaffected. He succeeded.

“I’m not here to talk about business.”

“Then we have nothing to talk about.” With that, Yuta pulled his arm away and continued walking, he only stopped because the green the light was on. He silently cursed the popular café for choosing a spot across the street. He wanted to go back, but after seeing the unwanted person, he decided he needs coffee, a strong one at that.

If Yuta thought that Mr. Ji left him alone, he was wrong, the next thing he knew, he was sprinting not to get to the café, but away from the guy. He was trying so hard to get away from the guy that he forgot that the traffic light was still green and vehicles were still on the go. 

A loud horn was heard and Yuta rolled on the ground, hitting his head on the pavement and blood flowed freely.

 

aejae22

*********************************************************************

 

Hi.

I really owe you an explanation of why I was gone this long. I'm sorry if I left this fic hanging. 

I didn't update because I was worried about my health. 

Thank you for waiting. I owe you a lot.

The next update is underway and we only have a few chapters before the sequel so please stay with me.