Going Home

Romantic Cliché

80XDEDFG4jyhZfo6dckhued4E0gLhNdKhR_QAsYCQst9FYzCJ4PAdYwE7fL8oR2VPv-QcphtIeDNZZLS1ZJKctq8ZcQrAkWA0ND1oioUYyxZz1WiXjq_BQPFPZQsznpzzOkMgIaU7MEN1Sb4Jo_Tw4z9kCzOP-gDvctyIVEPuR6guHNKKBrAtP-1tx6-gdhCy2s5WU-SeLd6-bShxQef0eIMgoNfT_fzzIRIjp3AMED2hW4FBL_HLPg9gzPFscBtPdbqSKiQn39dm_1UzAXofot4WFrvjDgd19vdZhaUyuZDMvO4VNfc6nQeCd9fbwH8heUDiw54kFxxagv2qU7nrWuZADmm6e50R_6hSTIKdIjWUTKLRuhUhdUmoLeLlFFrY_3MuPU8yYXFyUTMVuQt-dHsMUL8jfJ8ufGjdhTABLWBnSDPBZs_PX5XsvAsHfdDDZdYUqJ_YcdhsjO9djxV6jkSuKlYF2VYKZD3YwbFOBDMfpC3mPDE7YWN1dITtW4NX-Tk08Red4NOymYNEWFIkZJfvPz8bkC447Gz7jbGqBH0tKqfvUmWPHHRsUXWH0ytwnYI_-Kj93enpGimXQcvtu9bfj3B0aFn5mJZeZbH6YJN-1LBtUxFCOOnHhNAYbK1lqSUutRYKKdIgg5j-taet8faZw7Fcw9kcuRm9Hvk4wSjcGsXuxvEz_o=w500-h200-no

CHAPTER 45

GOING HOME

 

 

 

It was just by accident that Johnny learned about the sale of Ten’s café. The former had no idea about because Ten wasn’t even talking about the café anymore. They stopped talking like they used to when Johnny found out that his ex-boyfriend was talking pills to stop himself from being pregnant. Ten was still his ex-boyfriend since they haven’t talked about their relationship yet. It became a sensitive topic between them. Johnny was afraid to open it up because Ten would always freeze up whenever he tried to or even to open his mouth.

Actions and gestures made whatever they have, or whatever was left, survive. It was not going to stay that way, though. It wasn’t supposed to. Johnny was still the dominant one in their relationship, the top, the alpha, so it was his role to fix the broken Ten and their broken relationship.

It all started with a pill and the fact that Ten chose not to tell Johnny everything that cost their once beautiful relationship. Johnny finally realized, after playing around other girls, that he still couldn’t take his mind off of Ten. His heart still belongs to one person, and there was no way for anyone to take it back. He was Ten’s, and Johnny was determined to make it stay that way.

But first, coffee.

Ten’s café serves the best coffee. Call Johnny bias, but he won’t think twice to argue with anyone who will say otherwise. He was used to argue with clients and potential partners anyway.

But the moment he entered the café, he instantly felt the change of atmosphere. Gone was the warm and inviting aroma of coffee and the welcoming smile of the staff. He noticed that almost all the tables were taken, but the cashier couldn’t hide the sadness in her eyes even when she has a smile on her face. 

Johnny didn’t ask, maybe she was having problems that were so serious that she failed to recognize him, a regular and Ten’s boyfriend, ex-boyfriend. He gave her his order and looked around for Ten while waiting to be served. While doing so, his eyes noticed the small board on the counter which normally displays the coffee of the day or encouraging quotes. He frowned when he read what was written that day.

I wish he loves me just as much as he loves his coffee.

“Americano.”

“Where’s Ten?” Johnny asked, even before he could grab his coffee. For some reason, he couldn’t take his eyes off the board.

That was the only time the cashier snapped from wherever she was and recognized the guy in front of him.

“Johnny, sunbaenim,” She said, eyes wide.

“Hi, Mina, I haven’t seen Ten since I’ve arrived. Is he here?”

Mina just shook her head while looking down, avoiding eye contact, and face devoid of smile and happiness.

“Is there something wrong?”

Again, the girl shook her head.

Johnny sighed. Looked like he wasn’t going to get an answer from the girl in front of him. He was about to turn away when the girl looked up and checked if there were people behind Johnny who were waiting to get their orders. Fortunately, there were none.

“He went out to look for buyers,” she said, almost a whisper, but Johnny heard if perfectly.

“Buyers of what?”

To his surprise, Mine teared up.

“Ten Oppa is going to sell this café just like what he did to his apartment, so he can go back to Thailand.”

Johnny felt cold.
 

***


“Ten!” Johnny stormed his apartment, looking for one person, and he was not going to stop until he found him. 

“Ten!”

No one answered, so he walked into his room in a rush like his life was depending on it. There, he found him, sitting on the floor.

“Ten!” he said, half panting.

“That’s thirty already,” Ten answered without looking. It was supposed to be a joke, but there was no evidence of humor in his voice.

It was no surprise that Johnny did not get it. It wasn’t meant to make him laugh in the first place.

Ten was obliged to explain. “You called my name 3 times, so that’s thirty.” Finally, Johnny got it, but he didn’t laugh. His eyes were glued to the suitcase on the floor. Ten was neatly putting his clothes in it.

“Why is your cafe for sale and why did you sell your apartment? Are you going somewhere?” There was fear in Johnny’s voice, but Ten failed to notice it. He heard him so, he stopped what he was doing and stood up to face the newcomer.

“Yes,” Ten answered with a nod. “I’m going back to Thailand for good.”

Johnny wasn’t expecting an immediate answer, nor an honest one.

“Is this why you are selling your café?”

Another yes and it was followed by another why.

“It’s because I don’t have any reason to stay here anymore.”

Johnny’s heart broke instantly.

“I… am I not… am I not enough reason for you to stay?” Johnny rarely stutters, more like never. Being a businessman, he has to be confident, and sure of his words. All of the things he learned and muster for years came crumbling down with Ten’s words. It was not too late. Johnny refused to accept that it was too late.

Ten’s face said that he already gave up on him and Johnny never felt more afraid.

“This is what you want right? This is what you are waiting for. I won’t let myself get hurt anymore and won’t give you a hard time telling me to leave. I am doing you a favor, so you can be free to find someone who will never do what I did.”

“Who said I want this?” Johnny raised his voice, eyes wet with tears that were threatening to fall. “Did you ever ask me if this is what I want?”

“I don’t need to ask.” Ten fought the urge to run to the guy in front of him. It was a hard fight, and he didn’t let himself lose.

“Ten.”

“It’s my fault. I lied. I didn’t tell you that I was taking those pills, because I was afraid that you will leave me just like what the person who made me take the Phase 2 did. I’m sorry that I hurt you, it was never my intention.”

“Ten.”

Ten continued. He was becoming dizzy with everything that was happening.

“I don’t want to face your parents because you are perfect, and yet you are with someone who is a total wrecked. I don't want them to be disappointed in you.”

“Ten.”

“When I saw that… that girl,” Ten almost lost the composure he practiced a lot. He couldn’t afford to crumble in front of Johnny. “I knew that I lost you, and no matter how I tried, you will never trust me again.”

“Ten, will you please listen to me?” This time, Johnny couldn’t help but yell at the man in front of him. His actions paid off because Ten stiffened almost immediately. That gave Johnny the signal to continue. “I did that to despise you, and I knew immediately, the moment I saw your reaction. I realized that what I did was wrong. I was just so stupid to continue, and I promise you that nothing happened between that girl and I. Call me a douche, I don’t even remember her name!”

Ten just stared at him, no emotions at all.

“Ten,” Johnny begged for anything, even for a single word.

“Do you still love me?”

Johnny’s eyes softened. “Yes,” he answered, full of conviction, full of sincerity. Like the first time they met, he knew Ten was something special. “And it hurts that you have to ask me that.”

“Then let me go.”

The hope that was slowly building crumbled into pieces. Johnny thought he was getting there, that it was slowly getting fixed, but he was wrong, so wrong.

He shook his head because no words wanted to come out.
“Why? Why do you have to leave? Why don’t you give me a chance?”

Ten laughed bitterly. "I should be the one asking for a second chance, not you."

"You don't need to."

Ten then continued to pack his things without replying. The last of his clothes were inside his suitcase, and he zipped it in finality. He then stood and picked up the suitcase. Ready to go. He looked at Johnny who was still standing like a log.
“I’m going now,” he said with head down low, without a single glance, not even a last kiss was given.

“Ten, please.”

Ten turned his back, and the was the time that Johnny took the suitcase from his hand. Ten was already weak from all the stress he had since their break up, so it was so easy for Johnny to take that suitcase from him.

“Give it back,” Ten begged weakly. Days of a nonstop search for buyers and arranging everything for his departure took its toll on his body. His legs felt weak and he suddenly had a hard time breathing. The surrounding was getting dark, and then the world went black.
 

***

“He misses you a lot.” Taeil looked fondly at his son while playing with his uncle. The two looked cute together. He also noticed that Mark lost a lot of weight and looked like he wasn't sleeping regularly.

“I’m going to visit more often,” Mark replied without taking his eyes off Kun, or more like avoiding his brother’s eyes.

“Why don’t you just come back and give Haechan back to his brothers.”

“Hyung.” Mark finally met his brother’s gaze. “I came because you said Kun wanted to see me.”

“Yes and to remind you that you also have a family to come back to.”     
 
“Father is not looking for me.”

“I’m not talking about him.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Mark wanted to lash out in frustration, but Kun was quietly playing in his lap, and he didn’t want to bother the kid.

“Hyung, please. You have your own family, the other has his own, too, so don’t bother with me. I am fine,” he said.

Taeil shook his head with what he heard. “You can’t even call Jaehyun, hyung. Are you that mad at him?”

The fire in Mark’s eyes returned. It was the same fire he showed when he confronted them at the party.

“Yes, and I will never forgive him for what he did.”

Taeil took a sip from his coffee and leaned back to his chair, contemplating how to blurt out the words that would hopefully make sense to his youngest brother.

“There’s nothing you can say to make me go back.”

“Until when are you planning to hide Haechan? Are you aware that Taeyong could sue you for hiding him? Did Haechan asked you to do this for him?”

The statement made Mark speechless, so Taeil continued.

“Are you even sure that Jaehyun still doesn’t know where Haechan is? You know him, you know he has lots of connections.”

“Yes,” Mark nodded. “The same connections he used to get Taeyong hyung and ruin his family.”

Taeil took a sip from his coffee once again, thankful that Kun was busy playing with his toy, unaware of the tension that was happening between his father and uncle.

“Mark, I hate to say this, but let me just remind you that you started everything.”

“Bu-“

“Had you not bullied Haechan, Jaehyun won’t be forced to take actions. I know what he did with Taeyong was wrong. He was mad, mad that you got hurt so he did what he was supposed to do. He was determined to sue Haechan, to pay for what he did to you. Taeyong saved his brother, and everything went spiraling down from there,” Taeil continued.

Mark was taken aback, Taeil’s words hit like gunshots, and he ran out of words to say.

“So… so you are b-blaming me now?”

Taeil just shrugged his shoulder. Such a small action that made Mark bothered.

“H-hyung…”

“Jaehyun is trying so hard to correct his mistakes. Taeyong and Winwin need Haechan for their family to be whole again. Don’t make it hard for everyone. Help us so we can help you, too.”

Mark’s eyes were on Kun’s toy, but his mind was somewhere.

“Your legs are not getting better. I’ve talked to your doctor, and he said he has to see you as soon as possible or you might not be able to walk again for the rest of your life.”

“Then so be it.”

Taeil frowned at his answer.

 “Mark."

“If this is going to be the payment for bullying Haechan, then so be it.”
 

***

Johnny was pacing back and forth when Jaehyun and Taeyong arrived at the hospital. The big guy’s hair was disheveled and his clothes were a mess. No one will surely believe that he was NCT Corporation’s Vice President.

“What happened?” A worried Taeyong asked first. He was the best friend after all.

“I-I don’t know. We were arguing when he suddenly fainted." Johnny was shaking.

“Arguing?” Taeyong added.

Johnny sighed and ruffled his hair into a mess even more.

“He was planning to leave.”

“Leave?”

“Yeah, he was going back to Thailand.”

“What? I don’t know anything about it. What happened? Why is it so sudden? He didn’t even tell me about it.” Taeyong went into defense mode and Jaehyun, although he wanted to comfort his best friend, chose not to say anything.

Johnny just looked at Taeyong guiltily.

Taeyong was about to say more when the doctor came out of the ER.

“The patient is dehydrated and malnourished. His body has been in a lot of stress and it’s not good for the baby.”
 
 
                                                                               
     ***
 

“You’ve been quiet since you returned. You don't look happy. Did you argue with Taeil hyung?” Haechan asked as he handed him a bowl of bibimbap that he made. 

They were sitting at a bench in front of Haechan’s old house at the rooftop of a building. Mark personally like the place because it was quiet and peaceful. It was already dark and he could see the N Seoul Tower from a distance and the whole of the busy city.

If only his life was also this peaceful.

Mark shook his head and smiled at the guy beside him, taking the bowl, but he didn’t feel like eating.

“He came with Kun. I got to play with my nephew.”

Haechan smiled, the smile the Mark missed the most.

“I miss that kid.”

“Hyung told me that… that your brother misses you a lot.”

“I miss them, too,” Haechan answered and look above, admiring the stars. He just unknowingly sealed Mark’s decision.

“Let’s go back then?” Mark wasn’t sure if the question was for Haechan or himself. A huge part of him didn’t want to go, but it wasn’t about him anymore, it was about Haechan.

“Only if you’ll go back with me, too," Haechan said, looking at him.

Mark’s tears flowed uncontrollably after Haechan said those words. He felt like a selfish bastard who wanted to take revenge for the chaos he created. His Taeil hyung was right. He was the one who started everything, and the least he can do was to make it right, even if it will hurt him.

To make it right means taking Haechan back home to his family. He fought a losing battle for a long time, and he felt very tired.

Haechan suddenly hugged him tightly, making tears fall more freely.

“Thank you,” he whispered. “Thank you for saving my life.”

Mark hugged back, still crying.

“Thank you for not leaving my side when everyone else did. You’ve done more than enough. It’s time for me to fight my own battles.”

 

 


 
_DXZMSiR9yYj9eSisgQuPXSON_DJV-f8aaB91Ygy61-H-1TF-qeetGMwqXLdXOFnfOLnDCxfLuYfLGnyRl2fJ36P66s9LCwe-6FIUC68onqusurx15RNoZ6HxdbUGpFnOefm1dVWIWIij-3XrxnMIoKrVvgx0Cu9_Zpu0tkMqkfdVA13fB69u6-T_uHT1idAk28dERumSTJkxdspRrDZW-amcDfQylK3pI1LTxshjYt1ZQB_UWUbh3-UClbbFhhfkMb1BgsOIvmDM1yxCsTuJj3QfP1wC-gCkgdknDBFgEo3SC6UToiDBFdNWVUboOPM3gZAAVsemHTzprouhi7Iy1nSnfaZObGBl8FvD5f9EJKY_6ZbwdY73Zb1oUxnRcYrdQXcBifaaGFoWRBYCjOL-UXa73dTMNfDomIVHfxQ1XogUIFHcgqYgTsyAUzrYiSbz6wjaAQCHKW93k5-atlJzt9B3e4WahjpVuggBnnozH14fE_vEWtXzDlj4Ux-O5dY8-YnxzjZV_0tMC6YPMvwBVuppXR_hu5Znd-jHZVEuDE6CxUGMewjvGo32yKFCvBAH3ibce2lLQHGrK3_ErmbfEL-y-AjjJOGvN9vETBkRZw8xSFirbRWK-QwOgSVeFIwJH1ENkcpSJiS1lpN4uR_of-HfoiTeOGaUXzvX_iy-ccFYhdpfAMjisc=w418-h657-no 
aejae22

***************************************************

Hi...

Sorry for updating so late. ^.^

Tell me what you think about this update.