Fiancé

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 17

FIANCÉ

 

"I'm going to marry you."
Jaehyun nonchalantly looked at Taeyong. His lack of emotion and display of a blank expression made Taeyong believe that he forgot the offer and a lawsuit was on its way. Jaehyun did a great job of hiding his true feelings. He may be calm and straight-faced outside, but he was celebrating inside. Finally, Taeyong will be his, and he planned to have him forever.

"Good then. I trusted you to make the right choice, and I'm glad you did." Jaehyun put down his pen and nodded. This time, he looked at Taeyong straight in the eyes. He had to train himself to look directly at those eyes without getting lost or drown from now on.

The younger wiped a stray tear before he talked once again. His voice was unstable, and his knees were about to lose their strength. He voiced out the one thing he wanted to happen with a heavy heart before he fully accepted the offering.

"I don't want my brothers to know anything about this setup."

"So, you're calling the marriage a setup?" Jaehyun questioned, slightly insulted by the statement. Still, because Taeyong was clueless about his true feelings, he let it slide.

"Then what do you me want me to call it? Destiny? Fate? The moment I decided to accept your offer, I lost my faith in those things."

"Union, Taeyong. A union between two individual that loves-"

"Don't give me that bull, Jaehyun-sshi." Taeyong laughed bitterly. "We both know that there is no such thing as love involved in this setup."

Jaehyun was hurt, but he hid it very well and faked an unaffected expression.

"I would like it if you watch your words when you're talking to me."

"You want me to talk sweetly after everything you did to me?"

"As I said, you've made the right decision, and I promised to give everything you and your brothers' needs."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. I am not asking for anything else. I don't want them to know about this setup, and I'll do my part."

Jaehyun chuckled. "For someone who'll get married, you look like you are going to a funeral."

"Maybe because I'm going to my funeral."

Irritated with what he just heard, Jaehyun stood up abruptly and went to Taeyong's side. He lifted his chin and made him look at him straight in the eye, and their faces were so close to each other. Taeyong could smell the fresh breath of the man in front of him, but he stood still. 

"Don't test my patience, Taeyong. I can make this experience heaven or hell for you, so you watch your language and be a submissive husband like you're supposed to be."

Taeyong looked away as another tear escaped his eyes. Jaehyun immediately wiped his thumb.

"Don't cry, my love. I won't make you regret this."

Jaehyun then made him sit on the sofa and told him to wait for him to make some calls. The CEO told him they were going out for lunch after.

***


It was lunchtime. Jaehyun took him to a fine dining restaurant, and Taeyong felt underdressed. Jaehyun was in his suit while he was in his old faded jeans and old black hoodie, but the latter assured him that it didn't matter. The maître d' welcomed and ushered them to the most private part of the restaurant. Taeyong saw the malicious look the lady had for 
Jaehyun, but the latter didn't even spare her a glance after they were settled at the table. Jaehyun's attention was all on him. The guy even pulled his chair and ordered him because everything on the menu was unfamiliar to Taeyong. He told him that it was a French restaurant and Taeyong knew nothing about French cuisine.

The change on Jaehyun's countenance didn't go unnoticed. Taeyong caught him looking with soft eyes like he was the most precious thing in the world. The CEO was in beast mode when there were still in the office, but he completely changed when they entered his car. Jaehyun buckled his seat belt for him, something that he used to do when Taeyong was still his employee. Under normal circumstances, Taeyong could've giggled and smiled like an idiot because of those romantic gestures like he did before, but he didn't. The younger brushed everything off and purposely avoided his gaze and questions even they were seated in front of each other.

Taeyong ate to his heart's content and didn't bother to fake his manners. He ate the usual way he eats and ignored the man in front of him who already finished eating his food. Jaehyun was a fast eater, or maybe because he didn't order much for himself and fed Taeyong until satisfied.

The lunch went by without the two talking too much. Jaehyun had a lot to say, but Taeyong didn't allow him by ignoring him all the time until the latter decided to stop. He continued staring at his future husband until lunch was over.

They went back to the car, and Jaehyun, still in gentleman mode, opened the car for Taeyong and buckled his seatbelt for him. Because of the amount of food he ate, Taeyong fell asleep when he landed on his seat. He completely missed the longing and dreamy looks Jaehyun threw at him while he drove. The guy even touched his face lovingly while he was in dreamland. The CEO wished that it was red light all the time so he could stare at Taeyong more. They were even honked by the cars behind them a few times for not moving on a green light, but Jaehyun just smiled at them all. He was more than contented to have the man he dreamed of for the longest time in his passenger seat.

Gentle on his face and whispers woke Taeyong up from his slumber. He looked around with a blurry vision and couldn't recognize the building in front of them.

"We're going to meet my uncle. He's the one who will officiate our wedding." Jaehyun told him.
Taeyong felt the butterflies in his stomach went wild when he heard the word wedding, and he frowned. He wasn't supposed to feel jittery and nervous like this. He hated that he was going to get married, and he wanted to stay that way.

Jung and Kim Law Firm. That was the name of the office they entered. Jaehyun was enveloped in a hug by a tall man. Taeyong Thought that the man was in his mid-thirties as soon as they were inside. Jaehyun introduced him as Jung Yunho, his uncle, and he was introduced as Lee Taeyong, his fiancé. Taeyong wanted to walk out of that office and agree the moment he heard that, but he stopped himself and thought of Haechan's future. It successfully calmed him down.

Jaehyun and Taeyong sat beside each other, and Taeyong had goosebumps when the former put his arms around his shoulder. They were seated in the form of his uncle, so Taeyong couldn't do or say anything, so he just secretly pinched the side of the man. Jaehyun yelped at the pain, but he instantly hid it with a cough and smiled at his uncle like an excited groom.

"Finally, son. You're finally tying the knot, about time." Jung Yunho gave the two of them a proud look, and the two did a great job of faking that they love each other. Taeyong didn't do anything or even utter a single word and let Jaehyun do all the talking. He even allowed the other to kiss him on the cheeks to convince his uncle that they love each other. They had a lot of talking to do after the visit.

"So when's the date, and I can't see any ring on his finger yet," Yunho continued. "Don't tell me you just forced him into this." He joked, and Taeyong suddenly choked that cause a coughing fit. 

Yunho stood up to get him water while Jaehyun his back gently until he calmed down. Taeyong's eyes were teary when Yunho handed him the glass of water, and he felt Jaehyun wiped his face while he drank the water.

"Are you okay now, love?" Jaehyun asked, and his words almost made Taeyong spit the water he just drank at him. Good thing he stopped himself on time. He swore the two Jungs were secretly killing him, really birds of the same feather.

"Ah, to be young and to be in love," Yunho said. At the same time, Jaehyun continued his back and worrying about Taeyong. 
"Your uncle Jaejoong will be so happy to meet Taeyong. Too bad he had to meet a client. Did you tell your father about this?"

It was Jaehyun's turn to be stunned. He finally stopped Taeyong's back and looked straight at his uncle. "Why would I need to tell him? He won't care anyway."

"How about your mother?"

"Like I care. I'm of age. Taeyong and I are of age, so we don't need any consent to get married."

"I know." Yunho sighed in defeat. The older knew that Jaehyun was always in defensive mode when it comes to his parents, so he didn't push the subject anymore. "So when do you plan on getting married?"

"As soon as possible.  But I have to wait for my fiancé to tell his brothers first before anything else."

"Well, I'll be ready anytime. Just me a call and I will prepare all the necessary documents for your wedding. Shall I also prepare the Certificate of Mutual Agreement?"

Both Jaehyun and Taeyong were startled at the statement. None of them saw that coming. The Certificate of Mutual Agreement was the document they needed to administer the P2 drug that will activate the reproductive organ of a compatible male. Jaehyun was sure he wasn't consistent because he wasn't given the P1 medication when he was young and wasn't sure if Taeyong was compatible.

That was the moment Taeyong spoke the first time. "We… we haven't talked about it yet."

Yunho nodded in understanding. "I believe you're compatible, Taeyong-sshi because I'm sure my nephew is not."
Taeyong gave him a reluctant nod. Jaehyun felt happy with that simple gesture. That was the first time he learned that Taeyong was compatible. It wasn't the subject to talk about in the first place. He failed to hide his smile, and Yunho shook his head in amusement of Jaehyun. It was the first time he saw his niece smiled like an idiot, and for Jung Yunho, Jaehyun deserved all the happiness in the world after everything he'd been through. He was glad he found Taeyong that instantly turned his life around.


***


Jaehyun didn't start his car immediately after they left his Uncle Yunho's office. Both of them looked away from each other, and both were in deep thoughts. They were oblivious to what each other were thinking. Still, they were thinking the same thing, the Certificate of Mutual Agreement. Jaehyun wanted it. He wanted it the moment he realized he wanted to marry a man, and it would be great if Taeyong were going to be the one to carry his child. At the same time, he was worried that his future husband might not want to since he was just literally forced into their upcoming. His greed went too far already. It would be too much to ask for anything anymore. It was too early to even ask for it.

On the other hand, Taeyong was afraid. He was worried that a child would be born from a loveless marriage, and it was not fair. But what if Jaehyun asked him about it, or worse, what if he forced him to it? As a spouse, he was obliged to perform and submit to his husband and not deny him his right to have a child. The only problem was the marriage they were going to enter was not the same as other marriages. It started with hatred, and Taeyong knew he had to endure it as long as he can or Jaehyun would sue Haechan the moment he failed to perform his duties as a husband. He didn't want that to happen. The thought gave him a headache, and he closed his eyes and leaned his head back so he could clear his mind.

Taeyong was about to fell asleep once again. He felt Jaehyun took his hand and slid something on his finger. It was a Cartier silver ring with a single diamond embedded at the center. It fitted perfectly at his finger like Jaehyun knew the exact measurement. Taeyong looked at his hand and then at Jaehyun questioningly. 

"I knew we had the most unconventional type of wedding proposal, and I skipped the ring part, so here it is."

"You know I don't need this."

"I know. I-I... want to make it official. Something to break the ice when you decided to tell your brothers about it."

Taeyong didn't answer and looked away. He already forgot the ring as his thoughts drifted back again to have a child. 

Jaehyun started the car, and they went to a Men's clothing store. As soon as they stepped in, the owner welcomed them and wrapped his tape measure around Taeyong's body, much to his dismay and the amusement of Jaehyun. The owner made him try different types of suits, and Jaehyun gave his honest criticisms. Some suits made Jaehyun frown, and some made him show his dimples. After trying at least 20 suits, Taeyong was so tired he almost fell asleep on the couch. It was almost dark when Jaehyun decided to leave.

They left the shop empty-handed, and Jaehyun told Taeyong that they would create the suits that passed his taste for him and delivered them to his doorstep. The two left the shop, and Taeyong was pissed because he was so tired, and Jaehyun made him try all those suits that made him uncomfortable.

"You'll get used to it," he said, and Taeyong didn't have the energy to retort, so he just slept in the car.

Taeyong refused to have dinner with him and told him that it was already late, and he still had to cook for his brothers, so Jaehyun just ordered some take-outs for them.

"Taeyong," Jaehyun uttered after he unbuckled the seatbelt of his fiancé. 

Taeyong was about to open the door when he heard him. "What?"

"I-I…" Jaehyun hesitated, so Taeyong decided to open the car door to get out, but Jaehyun's hand stopped him. 

"If you're not going to say anything, then I need to go. My brothers are waiting for me already."
Taeyong was getting impatient, but Jaehyun's next word stunned him.

"I can't wait to marry you."

 

 

aejae22

***************************************************************************

Thank you for the comments. Please don't hate Jaehyun and don't worry, I got Taeyong's back.

An update as promised.

This time its a full JaeYong update.

I have one question, though.

Maldives or Greece?

Keep the comments coming.