CMA

Romantic Cliché

CHAPTER 23

CMA

Certificate of Mutual Agreement

 

“Happy Birthday, Winwin!”

Winwin happily blew his cake as his brothers and his brother-in-law clapped their hands. Taeyong and Haechan hugged him and peppered him with kisses while Jaehyun just stood behind his husband. After the candle blowing, Jaehyun handed Winwin his gift, a new phone. Taeyong and Haechan had theirs before the celebration. Winwin said a simple thanks and Jaehyun was more than satisfied with that gesture.

Winwin was finally legal and even if Taeyong was slightly worried about the freedom his age brought, the older brother was happy that he reached that age under his care. If their father was alive, he was surely happy that they were still together, the togetherness that Taeyong fought hard to have.

Jaehyun wanted to throw a party for the teen but Taeyong insisted to just to have a simple dinner. The birthday celebrant agreed and so Taeyong cooked Winwin’s favorite food.

After dinner, Winwin said goodbye to them. He said that his friends were waiting for him and Taeyong agreed without question. It was his birthday anyway, so he had the whole day to enjoy it.

But Winwin didn’t really meet his friends. He went straightly into Yuta’s house and the two celebrated his birthday the whole night until dawn. (Pun intended)

That setup continued until Winwin had become a regular visitor at Yuta’s. He was there whenever Yuta was home and their nights were filled with moans and pleasures.

Yuta would come home from work at the same time Winwin was dismissed at school. The older was even the one who picked the younger from school. They started going out regularly and they spent their time together over assignment tutorials, dinners, movies and making love. Yuta did his best to help Winwin with his studies, especially with Math since it was his expertise. He didn’t let the younger missed a single class just for a date or anything. He knew that the younger was under a scholarship and he didn’t want to destroy his studies just because they were reckless. Yuta was the mature one so he acted like one.

Winwin hadn’t forgotten that Taeyong was so against Yuta, so even if Yuta was against it, Winwin kept their relationship a secret. Nobody knew that they were dating, even Haechan didn’t have a clue since they hardly see each other at school.

Soon enough, Winwin was slowly realizing that Yuta was becoming more than just a distraction.

 

***

 

The doorbell distracted Taeyong from preparing dinner for Jaehyun. He immediately washed his hands and ran for the door. He recognized the person on the screen, so he opened it without hesitation.

The person was Jung Yunho and Taeyong led him into the living room and offered him something to drink but the lawyer politely declined. Yunho said that he won’t take long, he just had to give some documents to Jaehyun, but he wasn’t home yet. Taeyong told him that there was an emergency meeting at the office, so he was going to be late. Yunho understood so he handed the documents to Taeyong.

“Jaehyun has to show you this anyway, so I might as well give them to you so, as your lawyer, I can answer your questions if there are any.”

“Certificate of Mutual Agreement?” Taeyong took out the file from the manila envelope and read the heading. He then looked at Yunho for some explanations. Of course, Taeyong what it was, he just needed some clarifications.

“Yeah. It’s the one document that couples have to sign whenever they feel that they want to have children. It’s the document that doctors will need in order to administer the P2 drug. Couples can sign this document married or not, just as long as it's mutual. In your case, since you’re married, it’s mandatory for me to do this, but it’s still your decision if you want to have children or not.”

Taeyong just looked at the document in his hands as he listened to Yunho’s explanation. His hand started to shake so he had to put the paper down on the table. Yunho noticed the fear in Taeyong’s eyes, so he continued talking.

“You know, Taeyong, you don’t have to sign this as soon as possible. Like I said, I have to give it to you since you’re married, but you can take your time to come up with a decision. They will not accept this in any hospital if only one is signed. The agreement must be mutual.”

Taeyong nodded, but the fear never left his eyes.  He even bit his lower lip and Yunho understood why.

“Taeyong, I know my nephew wants to have children of his own, but this time, the decision will be yours. Jaehyun won’t be able to do anything if you don’t want to sign this paper and I’m sure it will be just alright for him. You don’t have to be afraid, take your time and whatever your decision is, Jaehyun will definitely understand.”

Of course, Yunho understood, it took Jaejoong, his own husband 3 long years until he finally decided to sign the document. Yunho’s patience was tested, but it became all worth it when Changmin came into the world.

What Yunho didn’t know was that their marriage was just a setup and having kids wasn’t part of it, or at least that was what Taeyong thought.

 

 

***

 

 

Yunho’s words were the exact words Jaehyun used when Taeyong showed him the documents. Taeyong was lying on their bed, using his husband’s arms as his pillow when Jaehyun started to talk about the document.

“I don’t want to have a child if you don’t want it as much as I do.  I don’t want to experience the things my brothers had to endure just because my parents didn’t really want to have children.”

Taeyong looked at his husband and Jaehyun smiled at him and kissed his temple. It was the first time Jaehyun opened up about his family since they got married.

“My mother was a model back then and she was so against having children. My grandfather threatened my father to disown him if they refuse to sign the document. My mother signed it in fear of losing all my father’s inheritance. They said Taeil hyung was a mistake, born because they were forced. I was also a mistake because since they had a boy, they wanted a girl this time.”

With all Jaehyun’s words, Taeyong remained quiet and he just listened.

“My mother was so excited to have a baby girl so she could show off to her fellow models. She was finally ready to embrace motherhood, but I was born a boy. Imagine their disappointment.” Jaehyun chuckled and Taeyong’s heart surprisingly broke for his husband. “Maybe that’s the reason I turned out to be a gay, huh? I tried so hard to please my mom, but nothing worked.”

Taeyong had no words, he feared to say the wrong words that could make his husband feel worse. Jaehyun was calm and no emotion from his painful past was evident on his face. But Taeyong’s right hand was on Jaehyun’s chest, right in front of his heart so he could perfectly feel the intense beats on it.

“They love Mark because grandfather signed his last will when Mark was born. Grandfather was so happy because my parents gave him three male heirs, something that he always liked. Mark fulfilled his wish. I just wish my parents felt the same way at least for Taeil hyung.”

“I’m sorry,” was all Taeyong was able to say.

“Don’t. I told you this so you can think about his carefully. Whatever decision you come up with, it will be just alright with me. I won’t give you the pressure of signing it just because I wanted to. It’s all up to you now.”

Jaehyun fell asleep when Taeyong didn’t give an answer. Taeyong had a hard time falling asleep, thinking the pros and cons of having children. In the eyes of the world, his brothers and his friends, it was just right to have children because they were ‘happily’ married. For him, who knew that their ‘happy marriage' was nothing but a setup, it wasn’t right at all. Taeyong knew that if he signed that document, he was just going to repeat what Jaehyun’s parents did. Only this time, Taeyong was forced into a marriage to save his brother. But if it was in another circumstance, he will happily sign the document, no questions asked.


 

 

***

 

 

“I hope it’s okay if I leave Kun for three days. I really don’t want to attend that camp, but my professors said it would help me with my subject. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.” Doyoung bowed in apology to Taeyong.

The young father had to attend a camp training and he had nowhere to leave his Kun. Fortunately, Taeyong agreed and Haechan was more than happy to babysit Kun since it was the weekends.

“It’s okay. We love to have Kun here. He’s a nice kid, so you don’t have to worry about anything,” Taeyong said as he looked at Haechan and Kun who were happily playing in the living room. He and Doyoung were in the kitchen of his brother’s home, so Taeyong thought it was a great time to consult one of his best friends about his new situation.

Doyoung was flabbergasted when Taeyong was done with his story.

“Are you crazy, Tae?” Doyoung looked at Taeyong like he just said the ridiculous thing. “You told me you only married him because you wanted Haechan’s freedom and now you are telling me that you are thinking about signing the document? Are you even thinking?” His words were almost a whisper. Haechan was just in the living room and the chances of him hearing their conversation were high.

As if on cue, Haechan asked if he and Kun could go out to buy ice cream at the nearest convenience store. the two older guys agreed, so they voice went back to a normal level. Winwin wasn’t home that time, so they were safe to raise their voice and say anything.

“I know, but what if he decided to sue Haechan again because I don’t want to sign the papers?” Worry was evident in Taeyong’s voice and Doyoung couldn’t blame him for it.

“So, your so-called husband will sue your brother every time you disagree with him on something? Is he going to blackmail you over and over again until you agree with him?”

“He didn’t say anything.”

“But he’s done it before, so it’s not far from happening again. You’re already married. What more could he ask from you? What more are you willing to give just to protect Haechan?”

“Everything.”

“But having a child to the person you don’t even love is a whole different story and a very serious thing. Look at me, I thought the man who gave me Kun will stay by my side forever, but he just disappeared when I found out that I was carrying Kun. I signed the document blindly because I love him, but you don’t even love your husband, Tae. You were just forced to marry him.”

“He said the decision is all up to me and he will respect whatever decision I come up with.”

Doyoung shook his head at his friend, clearly, Taeyong was not getting the whole picture because he was afraid. His fear for Haechan’s safety and freedom was too big for him to think straight.

“Taeyong, could you please look me in the eyes and tell me the truth? Do you love Jaehyun?”

Taeyong followed, but it took him a little while to answer and it was a big, fat, “No.”

“Do you think of signing those papers and have a child with him?”

Taeyong failed to answer.

Doyoung couldn’t help but react disappointed at his friend’s answer, or lack thereof.

“Do you know how serious this is? You’re putting yourself into a deeper hole this time. What if Jaehyun changes his mind after you bear a child? Are you willing to give the child up to his father? Can you bear to lose your child so you could have your brother? Don't sign and you can prevent this from happening.”

“Doyoung…”

“Kun’s father and I were so in love when we had him and look at me now. What’s more is that you don’t even love Jaehyun and he just forced you to marry him for Haechan’s freedom. Think about this, Taeyong. Like you said, your husband is not forcing you, so don’t force yourself to do this just because you’re afraid of what he might do.”

“What… what if he decided to sue Haechan?” Clearly, Taeyong was confused and afraid and Doyoung was there to shed some light on his currently foggy brain.

“Then file for divorce. Ten and I will help you to pay the amount he asked you and sue him back. If you want, we can do it now.”

Once again, that statement left Taeyong without any sleep that night.

Taeyong and Doyoung thought that they were alone that moment, but they’re not. There was only a thin wall separating the kitchen from the entrance door and while they were talking, Winwin stood at the door quietly, listening to every word that was coming out from the two friends’ mouths. He bit his lips so hard that it bled, just so he could stop himself from saying anything. His knuckles already turned white from them in anger, and tears fell uncontrollably from his eyes.

He was right from the start. His hyung was forced.

That moment, he started to hate Jaehyun even more.

 

 

***

 

 

“What happened? Why are you crying?” Yuta asked Winwin when he barged into his house in tears. The older one immediately examined his body to look for possible things that were hurting his boyfriend.

Winwin just shook his head and sat on the sofa in Yuta’s living room and hugged his legs tightly. Yuta asked questions, but he refused to answer and just cried even more. He was angry at Jaehyun for forcing his brother, but he was angrier at himself for not knowing about it sooner. He could've done something.

Yuta was getting more worried, but Winwin stayed silent.

“Honey, what's wrong? Did your brother find out about us?”

Winwin looked at Taeyong and he finally answered.

“No, but he’s about to.”

And Yuta was dragged out of his own house into his own car.

 

 

 

 

aejae22

****************************************************************************

Hi, here’s an early update because we got back early.

Thank you for your greetings.

I’m planning to post another update tomorrow. I hope to finish it on time.

Question, are you uncomfortable with the idea about forced marriage and that Jaehyun had with Taeyong without his consent? I’m sorry if you are, but it’s all part of the plot. I know you hate Jaehyun and Mark and even Yuta, but everything will fall into their proper places in time.

If you are really uncomfortable with it, I’m sorry and you can freely unsubscribe because I will continue with the original plot that I planned for so long.  But I do hope you’ll take time to read the rest of the coming updates.

As someone said, “Everything will be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, then it’s not the end.

If you are Taeyong, would you sign the document?

You will see Markchan soon.