Intruder

Normality

A/N : Italicized words are things said in Seulgi’s species language. 


“Seulgi!” Joohyun’s voice, so weak and pleading, were what woke Seulgi up from her forced slumber. A groan escaped her lips as pain shot through her body, the bruises on her cheek and abdomen painful but bearable. She tried to move, her heart pleading to answer Joohyun’s call but she found herself tied down with dark wires that coiled around her body a few times and connected to a piece of black metal, covered in markings much like Gomdori’s which pulsated with a green light.

“No! No! No! Gomdori where are you?” Seulgi’s face was a mixture of recognition of the object she was tied to and pure boiling anger. She looked around the area in haste, finding Gomdori slouched and unable to move, cables thicker than her own, trying it to the ground. “Gomdori scan the area! Find out if there’s more!” She spoke and the machine in front of her hummed a response only to be cut short.

“Don’t bother, I’m here alone.” The voice brought Seulgi’s attention to its owner, a tall, short cut dark haired woman with a frown on her face. Her eyes glowed with a bright blue which Seulgi knew all the well. Her kind was notorious for it. “Don’t look at me like that Seul, this is for your own good and you know it.” Seulgi’s eyes might as well been red because that’s all she saw when her eyes landed to Joohyun, being dragged by the end of her shirt, her body limp as her head hung motionless.

“Joohyun!”Seulgi called, struggling to break free of the metal wires around her body, not caring as they dug into her skin and bloke it covering the girl’s arms in blood before giving way to Seulgi’s unbridled rage and breaking. It took the cat eyed girl but two seconds to jump on the tall one in front of her. Her fist connected with a jaw and the tall girl was shocked enough to let go of Joohyun and stumble back before gaining her composure and swinging at Seulgi, who ducked and grabbed her ankle throwing her through the wall of their home. She didn’t bother pursuing the girl as her attention turned to Joohyun who was lying on the ground without any movement. “No! Please Joohyun it can’t end like this! I still want to do so much with you! Gomdori! Check her vitals!” Seulgi said as she cradled Joohyun in her arms, hugging her tightly.

“I can’t believe you Seulgi, turning on your own kind for her after what Irene did to you.” The tall girl’s voice sounded behind her which made Seulgi whip her head around and glare at the now disheveled alien.

“Joohyun isn’t Irene, Sooyoung.” Seulgi said with anger in her voice. “She doesn’t deserve to be punished for her mother’s actions.” She added making the girl in front of her chuckle as she came into full view once the dark clouds that covered the moon dissipated.

“Oh please! Don’t give me this bull Seulgi! I’ve known you since we were kids. You wanted to kill Irene for what she did to you! If it wasn’t for your fear of the rebellion finding out that you were the emperor’s daughter you would’ve cut off Irene’s head.” The girl who Seulgi referred to as Sooyoung said with a seething tone. “Yet here you are, trying your hardest to protect her daughter. Something doesn’t add up Seulgi. You’re a good person, sure you wouldn’t intentionally hurt Irene’s daughter, but even you aren’t that forgiving as to put our friendship at risk to protect her.” A look of realization came to Soooungs features but before she could speak Seulgi cut her off.

“Sooyoung leave. For the sake of our friendship please leave.” Seulgi said in a weak tone, seemingly tired but whether from the events or her guilty heart Sooyoung did not know. The tall girl didn’t wait any further to find out simply huffing in anger and walking towards the black metallic robot that resembled Gomdori save for the sharper design and the pulsating pink light.

“ Seulgi please think your actions through…” Sooyoung’s voice was much more calmer than earlier, almost caring in a way. “…because while I’m willing to put aside my anger and leave this planet be your mother might not be.” The tall girl said with a sad purse of her lips as she entered the cockpit of her robot, flying away from the scene, leaving Seulgi desperately trying to keep her tears at bay as she hugged Joohyun.

“Vitals are stable master, would you like me to prepare the cabin for healing just in case?” Gomdori’s robotic voice echoed in Seulgi’s mind as she took Joohyun in her arms delicately, as if one wrong move and the girl would break.

“No it’s fine Gomdori, thank you. Please head to that Exolysk and repair yourself. Send a signal if your radar pick up any other mech than Sooyoung’s.” Seulgi said as Gomdori hummed in approval, the metallic wires that once held it down snapping as it stood up and started making its way to the Exolysk.

Seulgi didn’t waste time walking inside the house, her mind and heart heavy as she set the knocked out Joohyun on her bed with a sad frown on her face. Tears brimmed her eyes as she fell on her knees beside the bed, hands taking Joohyun’s in her own and bringing it to her forehead.

“I’m so sorry Joohyun. I’m sorry you keep getting hurt because of me.”

Joohyun awoke the next morning with a sore throat and aching body that made her wince every time she tried to move. Her eyes moved from the ceiling of her room to the warm feeling on her hand. Seulgi lay there sleeping, her face lined with tear stains and redness around her eyes, cheeks and nose. She looked like she had cried for a long time. Joohyun made to call her but to no avail, as hurt for a brief second before she cleared it and finally her voice came out clear.

“Seulgi?” She called out weakly but it was enough for the taller girl as her head sprung up and she looked around with wide eyes before calming down once they made contact with Joohyun’s calming ones. ”Seulgi are you oka-“

“You!” The two girls were interrupted by Joohyun’s grandfather as he entered the room, slamming the door open and stomping to Seulgi. He pushed her away from his granddaughter, eyes filled with fury.

“Grandpa stop! What are you doing?” Joohyun protested trying to get up from the bed only to groan in pain and fall back limp on the bed.

“Get away from her! I knew letting you stay here was a mistake! Out!” He yelled making Seulgi nod softly and look down before leaving the room with a clenched jaw.

“Seulgi…” Joohyun breathed out as she caught the girl’s blue eyes for a brief second before the door slammed shut. “…come back.”