Beautiful

Normality

A/N : So this is kind of a spoiler but there's some violence at the last couple of paragraphs on this chapter so if that doesn't suit your tastes please skip that part. I'll make sure to get you up to speed at the begining of the next chapter without using too descriptive language.


“I present to you…” Joohyun giggled as Seulgi led her to Gomdori, which was standing with its hands at his metallic hips in a heroic pose, by her hand a huge smile plastered on her face. “…Gomdori’s newest form!” Seulgi finished taking a stance in front of Gomdori as if to show it off. The robot showed a thumbs up before jumping in the air, its legs tucking into its body, the bottom of its feet pulling back to reveal two boosters. Gomdori’s arms found their way tucked in as the giant sword on the robots back split in half and went on both sides pointing towards the sky with its head acting as a cockpit.

“Wow…” Joohyun breathed out at the giant rocket like plane in front of her.

“Pretty cool right?” Seulgi said with a grin and took Joohyun’s hand. “I still haven’t figured out how to get you up there without my help but it’s the best I could do with my limited resources.” The girl said and Joohyun chuckled.

“It’s ok Seulgi, this was pretty cool.” The girl admitted still half in awe at the sight.

“Great! Then let’s go!” Seulgi said as she tucked her hand behind Joohyun’s knees and lifted her up to carry her bridal style making the girl yelp.

“Seulgi!” Joohyun exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around the smiling girl’s neck, blushing furiously. Seulgi simply chuckled in response and a few well placed jumps later they found themselves on top of Gomdori, which slid its cockpit cover open for the two.

“Gomdori’s a one person ride so it’s going to be a bit cramped in here. Sorry.” Seulgi explained as she entered the cockpit and sat down on the seat, offering her hand to Joohyun who nodded and followed inside.

“It’s fine Seulgi.” Joohyun said as Seulgi directed her to sit in between her legs before the cockpit closed leaving them in darkness for a brief moment before orange filled the small space. After Seulgi pressed some holographic buttons, while Joohyun looked around mouth agape, the orange glow became dim and was replaced by the view of the outside. The sun had fully come out to greet the sky and the water continued its game of tag with the sand.

“Ready?” Seulgi asked as her arms extended past each side of Joohyun’s body to two pairs of joysticks at the side of the cockpit. After an enthusiastic nod from Joohyun Seulgi smiled and pushed her hands forwards bringing Gomdori to full speed as it ascended above the beautiful clouds of Earth’s surface into the beautiful expanse of Earth’s orbit. Joohyun felt her body get lighter and an excited smile formed in her features. Seulgi smiled and wrapped an arm around Joohyun’s waist to keep her from hitting her head in the small cabin, her seatbelt keeping Seulgi secure to her seat, as she left the other on the joystick to steer Gomdori if the need arose. “Well?” Seulgi asked making Joohyun grin.

“This is beautiful Seulgi!” And it really was, with Earth beneath them a mishmash of white clouds, blue oceans and green lands, and the vast expanse of space around them with dots speckled throughout the black canvas. It really was beyond what Joohyun had ever dreamed of experiencing. She looked around at the beautiful sight, the light of the distant sun somehow making her feel warm despite the air conditioning inside Gomdori’s cockpit, the moon a ways away reflecting the light of the sun to her. “Thank you Seulgi.” Joohyun said turning her head slightly to smile at the girl who smiled back just as brightly.

“Anything for you Joohyun.” Seulgi said with the most caring voice in the world that made Joohyun’s heart soar.

“Seulgi! Come in! Get back down here! Right now! It’s turning on Seulgi! Come quick!” Their moment was broken by Sooyoung’s distraught voice. Joohyun couldn’t make out what she said besides Seulgi’s name but with the aforementioned girls worried features and with the tone the words were said in she knew it wasn’t something good.

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung come in! What’s wrong?!” Seulgi called out but no response came. “Gomdori bring us down, quickly!” She said receiving a hum from Gomdori who prepared its boosters. “Joohyun I’m sorry but we have to go back down.”

“Of course, was that Sooyoung? Is she ok? She sounded worried, did something happen?” Joohyun asked as Seulgi unbuckled her seatbelt and maneuvered herself in front of Joohyun, pressing her against the seat and securing her with the seatbelt.

“Gomdori’s ers are going to kick in. Your body won’t be able to handle the quick descent so you’re going to pass out but don’t worry Gomdori’s going to fill the cockpit up with the healing gel you found me in so you’ll be fine.” Seulgi said with a small reassuring smile. “Just please when you wake up, promise me you won’t get out of Gomdori unless I come and get you. Please Joohyun, this is important. Please.” Seulgi said quickly as Gomdori hummed his signal. When Joohyun nodded Seulgi smiled and kissed her on top of the head. That’s the last thing Joohyun clearly remembered.

Gomdori’s descent was quick, breaking the sound barrier almost immediately when its ers . Within seconds it was flying over the Exolysk, its pulsating pink light coming from the engravings on it and forming into a beam of light that pierced the sky. Gomdori flew as low as it could, opening to cabin enough for Seulgi to climb onto its body before closing again to keep Joohyun and the healing gel inside. Seulgi jumped down, landing on one knee and looking back to Gomdori as it flew towards the cave Joohyun had found them in. Seulgi quickly turned around and sprinted down the gravel road towards the Exolysk, the few meters being covered quickly. She quickly found Sooyoung, face buried in the ground with two tall blue eyed men holding her down. Seulgi’s eyes went wide when they caught the insignia on their uniform.

“The rebellion…” She hissed out as she found refuge amongst some shrubbery. Her eyes scanned the area, finding one old robot she guess belonged to the two men that had the rebellions insignia spray painted on it, Sooyoungs robot limp against the Exolysk with charging cables unplugged from it and a terrified Wendy calling for Sooyoung’s help as a third man held her down. Seulgi could see the rage boiling in Sooyoung’s eyes. Seulgi quickly made her way towards Wendy and the man that held her down, grabbing him by the back of his collar and swiftly and quietly snapping his neck. “May your soul serve a greater purpose brother…” She said as she grabbed Wendy and placed a hand over , motioning for her to stay quiet. The two men holding Sooyoung down turned their head at Wendy’s sudden silence to see Seulgi pointing their, now deceased, comrades’ gun at them. “May your souls serve a greater purpose brothers.” She said with a hiss and shot the both of them in the head just as they reached for their own weapons.

“Seulgi…” Sooyoung spoke as she stood up, dusting herself off and making her way to her friend.

“Take Wendy home, talk to her. Make sure she doesn’t tell Joohyun anything.” Seulgi said looking down at the ground. “I’ll take care of them, please just leave me alone.” She added as the gun in her hand fell into the ground.

“Seulgi, it had to be done.” Sooyoung said placing her hand on Seulgi’s shoulder. Ever since the girl was young she hated killing anyone, something Sooyoung disliked about the girl not because it was a bad quality to have but because she hated seeing how much it affected Seulgi. Even after going through so much training, after joining and killing in the name of the rebellion, Seulgi still hated herself for every life she took. No matter how hard she tried, with every reason she had to do what she did, Seulgi never forgave herself for every life she took.

“That doesn’t make it any easier.”