Incident

Normality

The ride to the bustling streets of the capital’s downtown was filled with awkward tension for most of the time as Hyoyeon and Sunny had taken a seat on both of Seulgi’s sides, something that had become a habit from their long years protecting the heiress. Joohyun had been put in front of Seulgi with Seohyun and Yuri on both of her flanks, and despite Sunny wanting to offer to exchange seats with the human girl, the situation had become too awkward for her to speak. Seulgi had realized the awkwardness of it all, and even if she was usually the one to break the ice in social situations she found herself unable to speak, partly because of the awkwardness and partly because the second she saw the little smile Joohyun gave her when they made eye contact, as if Seulgi had managed to relief all of her stress in one look, the heiress felt constrict like a middle school student who’s crush just smiled at them. Seulgi could feel her face heat up at the unyielding eye contact and was the first to look away, hiding her face behind her hand and clearing . She heard a barely contained chuckle from her side, sending Sunny an embarrassed glare and letting out a huff.

“Seems our little Seulgi is in love.”Sunny had commented, placing a hand on her cheek and the other under her elbow as she closed her eyes and shook her head, feigning hurt.

“They grow up so quickly.” Hyoyeon was quick to join in on the teasing making Seulgi blush even more, if that was even possible.

“Control yourselves kids.” Yuri had spoken from Joohyun’s side, trying to sound stern through her barely contained laughter.

“Our child is leaving us for such a pretty lady Yuri! We know she only talked to us because of our looks! She’s never going to talk to us again! How could you tell us to control ourselves?” Hyoyeon said as she hugged Seulgi’s head in her arms, pulling the girl close to herself while Sunny feigned a pain in her chest.

“Is this what heartbreak feels like?!” The older woman spoke making Seulgi whine as she tried to pry herself off of Hyoyeon. She turned to look at Joohyun, who had a confused yet amused look on her features and for the first time since the couple had met, she was grateful Irene didn’t understand a word of her people’s language. Thankfully the car ride wasn’t too long so Seulgi was spared even more embarrassment. The couple was let out of the car with Hyoyeon and Sunny in front of them and Seohyun and Yuri behind them, the four bodyguards protecting the couple from the onslaught of paparazzi trying to get the latest picture of their future empress and her girlfriend. Seulgi took Joohyun’s hand in her own and led her, and their bodyguards, into a clothing store, displaying clothes from different worlds, made of different fabrics that Joohyun realized felt different than clothes on Earth only after touching them. Seulgi seemed to be glued on her as Joohyun looked through the clothes and after compiling a certain amount of clothes in a shopping cart that levitated as it followed the couple around, something that startled Joohyun when it first showed up out of the blue; they went to the cashier who scanned the tags of each piece of clothing. Seulgi swiped her finger over an apparatus resembling a scanner and left, leaving Joohyun confused as to why she didn’t pay but was soon told that fingerprints were the equivalent of credit cards in Seulgi’s planet. The shorter of the two had only hummed as Seulgi took her hand, the bags finding their way in Seohyun’s hands, who lifted them as if they were nothing. Throughout the day Seulgi had been practically dragged around by Joohyun, who was curious of every little creature she saw. Seulgi wasn’t complaining though, the look of utter curiosity in Joohyun’s face made the alien girls heart flutter and beat out of her chest. It actually made her happy that Joohyun was actually curious about her planet and its customs. Soon enough the duo, along with their bodyguards, were beginning to leave the restaurant they had just ate at, the couple holding hands with the bodyguards in their previous positions. Screaming started when Seulgi had walked out first, tugging a reluctant Joohyun along, and before they knew it girls and boys of all ages had crowded them. Hyoyeon, Sunny, Yuri and Seohyun tried their best to keep the swarm of fangirls and fanboys away from the heiress, even going far enough to call for backup, but the younger fans were relentless. Joohyun shut her eyes tight, her free hand coming to cover her ear. She never liked loud noises and the screeching coming from seemingly l around her only worsened her erratically beating heart. A small scream came from Joohyun when she felt someone pinch her , making Seulgi, who was until then busy clearing a way for the couple, snap her head towards her with concerned eyes. Said concern turned into fury when she saw the tears threatening to fall off of Joohyun’s eyes, her brows furrowing as she pulled the shorter girl closer.

“Are you ok baby? What’s wrong? What happened?” Seulgi asked, her voice somewhat calming Joohyun down as she clung to the alien. The shorter girl was about to answer when a gunshot sounded in the air. Seulgi quickly covered Joohyun’s ears as more rang out, fearing it would only serve to panic her girlfriend even more, and everyone fell into a deathly silence. Seulgi turned to her side to see the rest of SNSD, who if Seulgi remembered correctly were Jessica, Sooyoung, Yoona, in full gear with a small army of Eldirans behind them, all in capital military-police uniforms. The heiress pulled her girlfriend closer at the sight of her enraged mother, who everyone bowed their heads to. Joohyun was about to do the same but Seulgi stopped her by wrapping an arm around her waist. ”You don’t bow. You’re my soulmate so you’re her equal just as I am.” Seulgi whispered in her ear and Joohyun nodded, swallowing the lump in .

“Who dares touch my daughters mate? Either the person is brought out or all who are here will suffer the punishment as a collective.” Taeyeon’s voice seemed to make even the mountains quiver as she spoke, hushed words coming out of the people around Seulgi and Joohyun, who were being led out of the crowd by Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Seohyun back to the empress side. “I am not renowned for my patience.” Taeyeon spoke again, Seulgi translating the words to Joohyun as they were being said. A heartbeat later and a man was pushed forward by some people of the still bowing crowd, sweat pouring down his forehead in nervousness. The look Taeyeon gave him could be described as nothing less than murderous. Joohyun looked at him panic but before she could speak the empress did. “Was it you who touched her?” The man gulped and fell on his knees begging for forgiveness, for mercy. The human turned to her alien lover but instead of the usual kind, soft eyes she saw rage and anger boiling in bright blue.

Seulgi didn’t stop her mother from arresting the man.

She wasn’t going to stop her mother from killing him either.