First Time

Normality

Joohyun let out a sigh as she sat down on a blue plastic chair a bit too small for her with a small pout and crossed arms.

“Jeez Joohyun, if you spent as much time helping as you did sighing we would’ve been done by now.” Wendy’s voice made Joohyun look up to face her friend who was standing in front of her with her arms at her hips. The two girls, along with Yeri, Wheein and Hyejin were at the daycare Yongsun worked at. The pink haired young woman had called them there an hour ago, asking for help with remodeling the daycare as the kids had gotten their three week spring break the day before and Yongsun wanted to get things started early on. In any other circumstance Joohyun would have gladly helped her friend out however she had waited all day to see Seulgi.

“I’m sorry I just really wanted to see Seulgi.” Joohyun said as she stretched out her limbs, standing and putting a small smile on her face. She decided Wendy was right, it would be better for her to start working diligently so she could go home as soon as possible. Just as she was about to help Wheein and Hyejin with moving the furniture out of the main playroom the group of girls hears Yongsun’s squeaky voice.

“Byul! You’re here!” She called out and jumped on the orange haired girls arms.

“Yeah, sorry I’m late there was a lot of work at the shop.” Byul had replied before moving further in the daycare through the small hallway that led from the door to the main playroom.

“Joohyun!” Seulgi’s voice sounded making Joohyun smile widely and run into her arms. “Hello!” The blue eyed girl greeted the others in the room with a small bow of her head.

“Yo!” Sooyoung had followed Seulgi in with a smirk, chuckling when Wendy smiled and made her way to her.

“Sooyoung, what are you doing here?” Wendy asked curiously but Byul was the one to answer.

“I found them waiting at the school gate so I figured they didn’t know you two hadn’t told them you’d be here.” The orange haired girl said and Seulgi nodded.

“Yeah, Byul told us what you two were up to so we came to help.” The fox eyed girl said receiving a clap from Yongsun.

“That’s great! The more the merrier!” The pink haired girl said with a huge grin on her features.

The group of girls continued their work, Sooyoung and Seulgi doing most of the heavy lifting which they insisted on doing thanks to their physical strength with Joohyun, Wendy and Yeri acting as the cleanup crew while Byul, Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin took care of clearing up the second floor of the daycare which held the bedrooms. Joohyun and Wendy let out small sighs of contentment when Seulgi and Sooyoung bent over to lift something up, eyes going from their bottoms to their biceps, dreamy smiles on their faces. Yeri was left to gag in response and hit the two older girls in the back of their heads time and time again to get their attention back to the work at hand.

 

 Just as the sun was setting Yongsun had called the group to rest, opening up the boxes of energy drinks, water and junk food she had stored in the kitchen of the daycare. The group was sat on the benches placed on the backyard of the daycare, Seulgi and Joohyun sitting together, Wendy and Sooyoung sat a few steps away while Yongsun and Byul sat on the grass watching Yeri, Wheein and Hyejin play around.

“You really seem to enjoy the sky Joohyun.” Seulgi had said with a small smile receiving a nod from Joohyun, who was looking out at the sky now colored an array of oranges, reds and pinks while resting her head on Seulgi’s shoulder, her hair brushing the blue eyed girl’s cheek.

“Yeah, I find it to be very calming.” Joohyun said before letting a small chuckle escape her. “Not to mention romantic.” She said, looking up and giggling at the small blush on Seulgi’s face. Seulgi tried her best to hide her blush and the goofy grin on her features but failed miserably, making Joohyun smile and kiss her cheek, essentially sending Seulgi’s heart into overdrive.

“Hah! Noob!” Sooyoung'ssmug voice came from a few steps away only for the tall girl to be silenced by a huge blush forming on her features when Wendy absentmindedly took the alien’s hand in her own.

One the group had finished resting Yongsun had shooed them away, despite their protests to help, thanking them for their help and hard work with a radiant smile. Byul had remained behind to help her girlfriend while Wheein and Hyejin broke off a few feet away to their shared home. The group walked Yeri back to her home, barely getting away from Yeri’s mother who insisted on feeding them as a thank you for bringing her daughter all the way home. Wendy and Sooyoung broke off at Wendy’s house, informing Seulgi and Joohyun that Sooyoung had been staying with Wendy for a few days now and that tonight wouldn’t be any different, leaving Seulgi and Joohyun to walk home alone.

“I missed you today.” Joohyun had confessed suddenly, making Seulgi stop to look at her. The moon was just coming out from the horizon, bathing Joohyun in a beautiful white glow that only extenuated her beautiful features. “And I don’t think it’s because we’re linked either.” She added taking her eyes from her hands that were intertwined with Seulgi’s up to beautiful monolided eyes. “I know we just met a few weeks ago but…while we were working today, even in that mundane situation you made my heart beat so fast I couldn’t handle it.” Taking a deep breath Joohyun continued. “Today I realized how much, I really love you for the First Time.” Seulgi didn’t reply at first, which worried Joohyun. Had she stepped out of line? Was Seulgi’s affection just normal behavior in her culture? Had she read too much into Seulgi’s words?

Soft lips shyly connecting with her own silenced all the doubts in her head.