Morning

Normality

A low hum escaped Joohyun’s throat as she awoke, her face nuzzling into soft skin. Her big eyes looked up when she felt even breathing against her hair, a smile forming on her features at the sight of Seulgi sleeping peacefully with her arms around her. The scene reminded Joohyun of simpler times, when just seeing Seulgi in the morning like this would make her day at school just a bit easier. Joohyun let out a soft sigh, hiding herself deeper into Seulgi’s soft neck feeling the taller girls arms wrap even tighter around her. For the first time in a while Joohyun felt safe.

“Hmm…Good morning Hyun.” Seulgi’s groggy morning voice never failed to make Joohyun blush, somehow managing to sound even hotter than her usual velvety one did. Joohyun smiled up at her girlfriend and placed a kiss on her chin earning a small sleepy laugh from the bear like girl.

“Good morning Seulbear.” Joohyun said with a smirk, amused at the raised eyebrow that came from Seulgi who shook her head with a smile.

“If I’m a bear then you’re a cute little bunny.” The beautiful girl giggled at the words, Seulgi peppering kisses on her cheeks and nose despite the weak pushes from Joohyun. Somehow the world around them seemed to melt away, their problems put on hold and the rest of the world a mere irrelevant distraction. They lay in bed for a while, maybe a half hour or so, hugging each-other and just whispering words of love back and forth. A knock on the door broke their little love bubble, bringing them back to reality where Hyoyeon and Sunny were waiting for them. “Seems like it’s time to get up Hyun.” Seulgi’s voice had lost its previous playfulness, much to Joohyun’s displeasure, as she gave the shorter of the two a kiss on her forehead, unwrapping her arms from her waist and getting out of bed. “I’ll give you some time to get washed up and dressed. My clothes might not fit perfectly but they’re going to have to do until I’m free later today so we can go shopping.” Seulgi explained, receiving a nod from Joohyun. “Great I’ll wait for you in the dining area with my mother, Yuri will show you the way once you’re done alright?” Truthfully Joohyun wanted to ask Seulgi to stay, but she nodded mutely turning to look at the bodyguard Seulgi had been referring to before turning back to her girlfriend. “I love you Hyun.” Seulgi said giving Joohyun another kiss and exited the room along with the body guards leaving Joohyun an embarrassed, blushing mess. After a few moments to recover Joohyun got out of the big bed, her feet hitting hardwood flooring as she looked around the big room. She was surprised at how similar it was to a human room, mostly everything, safe for a few holographic screens, was normal by an earthlings standards. Joohyun stretched as she went to the bathroom that was connected to the room and released an audible sigh.

“You have to be kidding me.” She groaned out at the sight of holograms before her, written in unfamiliar writing, she figured were used to start up the shower, considering the lack of knobs on the wall next to the shower head. “Why would you put a hologram to control the shower? Is turning a knob really that tiring?” Joohyun said to herself as she placed a hand on her chin, rubbing in curiosity as she looked at the buttons on the panel in front of her. “I guess I have no choice.” She said with a shrug as she pressed one of the buttons with her index finger, thankfully it started the water however when Joohyun tested it, it was way too cold to be used for a shower. The human made sure to remember the buttons function and tried the one right next to it that stopped the water and filled the room with steam. Joohyun pressed the same button again to stop the income of steam and turned to the third button pressing it and awaiting anything to happen. A few seconds passed and a confused look from Joohyun and the shower’s floor started pulling away from her feet, making her stumble back and stare with wide eyes as a large bathtub emerged, starting to fill up with water. “What the ?” Was all Joohyun said before pressing the button again and converting the bath into a shower again. “Cold shower it is.” Joohyun said as she pressed the button she had first pressed, water coming out steaming much to Joohyun’s surprise. She wasn’t going to question alien technology so she just undressed and jumped in the shower, thankfully the shampoo and conditioners were all in normal bottles so she didn’t have to test out any other holographic panel. After showering and getting dressed in Seulgi’s clothes, a black top tucked into black jeans and the only pair of shoes that fit her, Joohyun made her way to the door, opening it softly to reveal a smiling bodyguard she remembered vaguely as Yuri. The clearly older woman bowed slightly when she saw Joohyun, who bowed as well, earning a chuckle from Yuri. Joohyun looked at her confused but the later simply shook her head with a smile and gestured for Joohyun to follow her. A few moments later and the duo were in front of imposing doors that slid open at their presence. Joohyun took a deep breath, building up courage to face Seulgi’s mother, and entered. Her eyes could barely adjust to the view, marveling at the grandiose room, with a wall completely made of glass and a chandelier that reflected light in rays of beautiful colors. In the middle stood a large dining table, with Seulgi and Taeyeon sitting at the heads and a vacant spot placed right next to the heiress. Joohyun sighed as she made her way towards the table, bowing at Taeyeon who simply nodded her head at her. Seulgi sighed making Joohyun look at her as she sat down.

“I’m sorry she’s like this.” Seulgi said quietly and Joohyun shook her head.

“No it’s fine, I get it. What my mother did to her, holding a grudge is the tamest thing she could do.” Joohyun said with a small smile and Seulgi placed a reassuring hand on her own, enveloping her small hand with her slightly bigger one. “Um Seulgi I meant to ask, how am I going to communicate with everyone here, I mean I don’t know your language.” Joohyun said with a small sigh as she began eating the food in front of her she did not dare to question.

“Don’t worry; my people are quite the fast learners.” It was Taeyeon that spoke this time, answering for her daughter with a disinterested expression. Joohyun looked at her confused, and a bit embarrassed that the other had heard her. “They’ll speak your tongue within a week.”

“Ah, um with all due respect, I didn’t mean it like that. It wouldn’t be fair for a whole group of people to learn a language just to talk to me. I meant I’d like to get some lessons and learn your people’s language.” That caused a brow to rise in Taeyeon’s otherwise expressionless face. Joohyun squirmed in her seat under the woman’s intense gaze before calming down at a hand being placed on her thigh, a form of reassurance she never really expected from Seulgi.

“Very well, I’ll have someone prepare lessons for you starting from tomorrow.” Taeyeon said and Joohyun expressing her gratitude ended the conversation. The trio ate breakfast in tense silence, the clink of the silverware on the plates making Joohyun cringe at the awkwardness of it all. After the table was cleared and they had had their deserts the trio parted ways, Seulgi and Irene heading out while Taeyeon went on her daily business as the ruler of an empire. One the couple, plus the bodyguards, had exited the palace and made their way to the floating car that awaited them; Seulgi took Joohyun’s hand and smiled at her, reassuring her that everything would be fine if the taller girl was around.