Decision

Normality

“I can’t feel my legs!” Joohyun laughed lightly, receiving a loud one from Seulgi, who stood at her side and intertwined their fingers. The two had been dancing non-stop for a few hours now, Taeyeon had still to make an appearance so Seulgi had taken the opportunity to show Joohyun a good time and hopefully help her relax a little.

“I’m glad you managed to calm down a bit and have some fun.” Seulgi said as she moved her hand from Joohyun’s one to her waist, pulling her close for a peck on the forehead. “You even started talking to some of the people here! I’m so proud of you Joohyun.” The alien’s words made Joohyun blush up at her and smile. Seulgi’s heart swelled with love at the pure and genuine smile. The heiress wasn’t lying when she said she was proud of the other, the amount of hard work and dedication Joohyun had put into trying to assimilate with her culture, learning the language, reading about her people’s history, it really showed how much the human cared for her girlfriend. Seulgi could tell this wasn’t just a way to save Earth anymore; Joohyun was truly trying to be the best girlfriend she could. “I really love you Hyun.” Joohyun blushed at the words, making Seulgi chuckle softly. No matter how many times she told her, Joohyun would always end up blushing like a school-girl whenever Seulgi showered her with love and attention.

“All bow to our empress Taeyeon.” Horns sounding as the big double doors at the entrance of the ballroom opened brought the couple’s attention to it, revealing five people, who wore military-police outfits, on each of the empress sides with Jessica, Sooyoung and Yoona surrounding her, wearing black suits much like Hyoyeon, Sunny, Yuri and Seohyun did. Taeyeon was adorned with stoned Joohyun could not tell you the names of if she tried, her black dress tight fitting and trailing behind her. The whole ballroom seemed to still, all but Seulgi and Joohyun bowing in front of the empress that remained expressionless. She walked towards the couple, people standing after a while, regality on each step she took and stopped in front of them, Seulgi giving a smile and Joohyun giving a polite nod of her head, which Taeyeon returned.

“How are you enjoying the ball so far?”Taeyeon asked with an unreadable expression making Joohyun smile nervously at her.

“I like it, it’s different from parties back home though.” Joohyun said with a hum the only response she got.

“My wife used to hate these parties, called them too posh. She’d tell me she’d rather spend her time partying with her people rather than these fake people.” Taeyeon confessed, a genuine smile gracing her lips.

“She’s right.” Joohyun mumbled to herself receiving a raised eyebrow from Taeyeon. The human forgot that the empress understood her. “I-I mean not that I hate these people, I’m just used to different crowds.” Taeyeon didn’t speak, keeping her expression neutral but Joohyun was sure she saw a smirk forming on her features.

“Come on Hyun, let’s go before you dig yourself a deeper grave.” Seulgi laughed by her side, reminding her of her presence, and took Joohyun’s hand to lead her to Amber and Krystal, who were both waiting for them with smirks on their features.

“You certainly don’t lack guts Joohyun.” Krystal said when the two reached them, laughing along with the shirt haired girl by her side.

“Stop reminding me! I feel dumb!” Joohyun said with an embarrassed blush on her face.

“Don’t worry Hyun, I’ll love you even if you’re dumb!” Seulgi said by her side, pulling the young woman closer to herself and peppering her face with kisses. Amber and Krystal made gagging noises while laughing at the cheesy couple. The ball went on quietly for a while, everyone danced and laughed with each-other, and soon enough Joohyun found herself tiredly walking out of the ballroom. She had left Seulgi behind, playing with Amber and Krystal, and had asked Seuhyun, Yuri and Sunny to help her with carrying three big containers with water in them outside. When she exited, disregarding the camera flashes that followed her, she made her way to the large closed gate at the entrance of the palace grounds with two containers of plastic cups in her hands.  Large crowd had formed in front, people sticking to the metal bars as they looked on at the party from afar. They backed away somewhat when Joohyun had arrived, murmuring amongst themselves. Setting the water containers down Joohyun started separating the cups in her hands before turning to the people on the other side of the metal gate.

“You guys have probably been waiting here for a while right?” She asked as Sunny helped her fill up one cup. “I thought you guys might be thirsty so we brought some water for you all. Just get in a line and I’ll give you a cup though the door.” Joohyun said with a smile and extended her arm to put the water cup in someone’s hand, who had raised his hand when the human had mentioned water. Joohyun wasn’t sure why but the people at the gate listened to her, thankfully, and came to her one by one, some asking for pictures which she was more than happy to agree to.

“They really like you.”  Taeyeon’s voice startled both Joohyun and the crowd; despite its low tone it still demanded authority. The people behind the gate bowed behind Joohyun who stood nervously in front of the empress.

“Ah well I certainly hope so.”Joohyun said with a nervous chuckle before letting out an exaggerated cough as a call for help from the three bodyguards at her side who remained mute and averted their gaze.

“You remind me of my wife in a lot of ways.” Taeyeon said as she walked to Joohyun’s side, taking a cup from the stack in front of her and filling it with water before handing it out to a young woman who hesitantly took it. “You inspire people to be good.” The woman turned to Joohyun who stood there awkwardly. “I never expected my people to accept you as their future leader’s partner so readily.” Taeyeon then smiled a genuine smile that caught Joohyun off guard. “And I never expected my daughter to fall in love with such a caring person.” Joohyun looked stunned which gained a laugh from Taeyeon who placed a hand on her shoulder. “I’ll keep my end of the deal just as you’ve kept yours. You’re free to go back home any time.” Taeyeon said with another smile and walked past Joohyun, the human following her with her eyes only to see her walk to a smiling Seulgi. Joohyun couldn’t keep herself still any longer and practically sprinted into Seulgi’s awaiting arms, hugging the girl tightly as she twirled her around in the air and planted a kiss on her lips.

“We did it Seulgi! We did it!” Joohyun exclaimed with a bright grin on her features that shone like the brightest star in the universe in Seulgi’s eyes.

“You did it Hyun! You did it! You wonderful beautiful woman! I love you so much!” Seulgi laughed along with her girlfriend’s melodious laugh, relief washing over the both of them.

“I love you too Seulgi!”