Visualize

Normality

“Joohyun are you ok? What’s wrong?” Wendy looked at her startled for a moment, going from pacing around nervously to Joohyun’s side. The later shook her head, immediately regretting the action at the pain she felt shoot up her head, and looked around.

“What happened?” Joohyun asked, her voice groggy, as she sat up on her bed Wendy fussing over her.

“You passed out, are you sure you’re ok Joohyun? You’re sweating like crazy!” The girl said and reached for Joohyun’s forehead but the later pushed her hand away.

“I’m fine Wendy.” Joohyun’s voice came out weak, which made Wendy huff and reach out again.

“No you’re not Hyun, you’re burning up!” Wendy said as she pushed Joohyun back into bed. “You’re going to stay in this bed and you’re not going to move got it?” She said with a tone that left no room for discussion. Once Joohyun had nodded Wendy smiled and placed her hands on her hips. “Good! I’m going to head downstairs to get you some food, since your grandmother already made some food alright?” Another nod from Joohyun and Wendy left the room.

“Gomdori?” Just as Wendy exited Joohyun stumbled out of bed and made her way to the window of her room. She smiled weakly when she saw Gomdori already waiting for her with its cockpit open, a hand above it to keep it from getting wet with rain. Joohyun climbed out of her window onto Gomdori’s hand and smiled when she was greeted by Seulgi’s scent when she entered the cockpit.”Gomdori can you understand me?” A small hum was the response she got and Joohyun thought of it as a yes. “Can you take me to the Exolysk?” Another hum and Joohyun felt movement, and before she knew it she found herself looking at the looming tower from underneath, despite Gomdori’s height. “Can you turn it on Gomdori?” Joohyun asked with a small smile but the robot only let out a mechanical whine. “Yeah, I guess it was too much to hope for.” Joohyun sighed and leaned back on the seat, Seulgi’s scent embracing her as she did, slightly lightening the pain in her body. “I just really miss her Gomdori, I have so much I want to clear up…”Joohyun closed her eyes, imagining Seulgi hugging her until she found herself dozing off again.

“She misses you as well master.” Joohyun was snapped out of her sleepy state by a voice in her head, making her look around the cockpit.

“Who said that?” Joohyun’s head started hurting with all the swift turning it did.

“You can hear me?” Once again the voice said, making Joohyun’s eyebrows furrow. It didn’t feel like she was hearing the voice, it felt like it was in her head. The feeling was so foreign she couldn’t quite place it.

“Am I finally going crazy?” Joohyun asked herself, placing a hand on her forehead to feel heat practically radiating from it. Maybe Wendy was right, she should’ve stayed in bed.

“Your brain activity is normal master.” The voice in her brain seemed amused as it spoke. “You are not going crazy, It’s me, Gomdori.” A huge sigh of relief escaped Joohyun. “I don’t know how you can hear me though master. Even with Master Irene I only understood her because she learnt Master Seulgi’s language. As far as my programming goes, I can only communicate with Eldirans telepathically.” The robot explains as Joohyun relaxes back in the seat. She had learnt not to question things relating to Seulgi too much.

“Hey Gomdori, earlier you said Seulgi misses me too…”Joohyun said as her hazy mind started working again.”How do you know that?” The girl asked, ecstatic at the possibility of being able to communicate with Seulgi.

“Just as you have a bond with Seulgi, I do as well, although mine is weaker than yours. I use that bond to somewhat understand what she’s feeling, although the emotions have to be very powerful, to the point of overwhelming for me to feel them and when I do it is very weak.” Gomdori explained receiving a nod from Joohyun.”Your bond with her is natural, while mine is artificial. If you concentrate I'm sure you can feel her emotions better than I can.” The robot explained and Joohyun nodded.

“How do I do that?” She asked, the pain in her head and heart nothing compared to the excitement she felt at finally being able to at least feel Seulgi’s presence once again.

“Close your eyes try and visualize her.” The robot’s voice instructed and Joohyun nodded, following the instructions to the T. Although her head hurt she managed to create a visual of Seulgi, standing there with her radiant smile. “Good, now try and call out to her with your heart.” The robot said, confusing Joohyun. How was she supposed to call out to someone with her heart?

“What do you-“Joohyun was cut off by the sudden wave of emotion that hit her. It was pain, mixed with longing and love. Then it was gone. It was only there for a brief moment but for that brief moment Joohyun’s world just…stopped.

“I suppose you felt her.” After a brief moment Gomdori spoke, startling Joohyun out of her shock. How had she done that? “You called out to her. I don’t know how either. I cannot feel emotions like you feel them Master.”

“Gomdori take me to the cave at the beach I found you in.” Joohyun’s voice was determined as she spoke. “I want to try again.” With that the robot hummed and started its short trip to the beach, finding the cave in a matter of minutes. Joohyun got out of the robot, walking towards the center of the cave and sat down, crossing her legs. Soon enough she closed her eyes, visualizing Seulgi in her mind eye and walking closer to her. She reached her hand, tentatively touching Seulgi’s hand with her own. It was almost like she could actually feel it under her hand. She reached up and placed her hand on the girl’s cheek, looking into her loving eyes. In an action she didn’t expect her visualization of Seulgi hugged her, a warm feeling embracing Joohyun as her head and heartache almost completely faded.

“I love you.”