Argument

Normality

“Seulgi? What is going on?! Come on talk to me!” Joohyun called behind her girlfriend, who was pulling the shorter of the two behind her as she power walked down the long, window lined hallway that led to Seulgi’s bedroom. “Seulgi, stop! You’re pulling too hard.” Joohyun said with a pained frown on her face making the taller girls anger fuelled stomping stop, turning to look at her girlfriend with an apologetic look.

“Sorry...” Seulgi said softly, eyes cast down in shame as she brought the shorter girls wrist to her lips, kissing it softly to ease the small red mark her fingers had left.

“It’s alright; I understand that you’re angry.” Joohyun gave the taller girl a small smile before continuing. “What happened back there Seul?” She asked, her eyes turning conveying the confusion she was currently experiencing. All she had understood from the situation was that the man had been arrested but  considering the amount of military-police present and the fact that SNSD, a group that Sooyoung had said was the elite of the elite, was there had left Joohyun confused.

“That guy, the one that touched you, he got arrested.” Seulgi said with a tight jaw, turning to walk ahead of Joohyun, who followed with furrowed brows.

“Yeah, I got that but what was up with all that fire power? Why was your mother there in the first place?! I’m sure an officer, hell even your bodyguards, could’ve arrested that guy. The empress didn’t need to be there.” Joohyun said as she quickened her pace along with Seulgi’s, who opened the door to her bedroom for the shorter girl before following inside.

“She did need to be there. It’s a show of power Joohyun.” Seulgi explained with a sigh. “And it’s a sort of endorsement. She’s making sure that no one else gets the bright idea to touch you again.” Joohyun huffed at the words, crossing her arms, following Seulgi with her eyes as the taller of the two sat on her bed.

“Yeah, because they’re too afraid to. I don’t want them to fear me Seulgi; I want them to like me.” Seulgi sighed at the words, reaching her hand out and wrapping it around her girlfriend’s waist, pulling the girl closer to herself, wrapping her arms around her fully and resting her head on her stomach.

“I know baby but what he did, it’s a crime, of course he’s going to be arrested.” Another sigh came from Joohyun, who placed a hand on top of Seulgi’s head, before speaking.

“I’m not saying he shouldn’t Seulgi, but the reaction that came from him and the things you’ve told me about your mother… He’s going to be sentenced to death isn’t he?” Joohyun held her breath, closing her eyes as the soft nod that came from Seulgi before once again sighing. “Seulgi you can’t be serious, he’s terrible for what he did but he doesn’t deserve to die for it. “

“How can you say that? He touched you Joohyun, he’s a disgusting ert! What good is he to this world?!” Seulgi scowled as she stood up, releasing Joohyun from her embrace.

“And what makes us any better than him if we kill him?!” Seulgi didn’t reply, simply huffing and storming off, slamming the door behind her leaving Joohyun to sigh and throw herself on the alien’s bed. “God you’re so stubborn!” She yelled out at no one in particular and before she knew it the door to her room was being slammed open, Hyoyeon and Sunny practically snapping their heads from one side of the room to the other, panic in their eyes before they settled on Joohyun’s confused face. The duo let out a sigh, turning around but before they could leave Joohyun spoke.”Um… Miss Hyoyeon?” At the mention of her name the woman turned her head to look at the younger, who had made her way to her from the bed. “Uh could you help me get to Gomdori?” Joohyun asked receiving a confused look from Hyoyeon before the latter understood what she meant, smiled and nodded. Hyoyeon led the human girl down the hallway and out of the palace, heading towards a tall hangar looking building, Sunny following them silently. When the trio reached the large doors they slowly slid open, filling the dark space with light. Gomdori was hanging by large metallic looking chords, extended from the ceiling, in its flight mode, a low hum coming from its engine. Joohyun sighed and turned to Hyoyeon who gave her a smile and motioned for her to go ahead, as if to say they would not follow inside. The human smiled back at the alien, turning on her heel and making her way to the giant robot. No matter how many times she saw Gomdori she would never stop getting amazed at its sheer size and the amount of work it must’ve taken to build. She wondered how her mother had gotten her hands on such a thing. “Hey Gomdori!” Joohyun called out to the robot who gave her a soft hum. The young woman walked up a flight of stairs, over a catwalk that led to the top of the robot, trying desperately not to trip over the nuts and bolts on the surface, and finally made it to the cockpit, which Gomdori opened for her. “Gomdori is it possible for you to connect with Sooyoung’s robot? Like to speak with them?” A low hum of approval came from the robot making Joohyun smile widely. The robot didn’t wait for Joohyun to order it to call Sooyoung and a few beeps later a holographic screen flashed in front of her, revealing a barely awake Wendy.

“Wha…”A groggy voice came from the girl on the screen but Joohyun was too busy trying to cover the screen in front of her to care about having woken her best friend up.

“Jesus Wan! Put some clothes on!” Joohyun yelled out receiving a confused look from her friend which quickly turned into embarrassment.

“I told you this was a bad idea you !” Joohyun kept her eyes shut tight but the words made her raise her eyebrow and peek enough just to see Wendy punching Sooyoung’s arm as the latter tried to cover the girl with her jacket.

“How is it my fault?! You’re the one that agreed to this!” Sooyoung whined out receiving a huff from Wendy who pushed her away from the screen after putting on her jacket. “Let’s never talk about that again.” The girl said with a clear blush on her face. “Wait, how did you even call us Hyun? Isn’t everything on these robots commanded by their owner? Did Seulgi help you call us? Where is she anyway?” The onslaught of questions made Joohyun chuckle softly.

“I missed you too Wan.” Joohyun said with a roll of her eyes making the girl on the other side of the hologram blush even more than she already was. “Seulgi’s off blowing off some steam, that’s why I called you actually.”

“I thought you said you missed me and you’re just calling me because you want love advice!”  Wendy said with a pout making Sooyoung chuckle from out of view, whom she made sure to quiet down with a glare. “Sooyoung told me what happened after you got there. Seulgi wouldn’t leave your side right? What happened?”

“Well to cut a long story short Seul took me shopping today…” Joohyun leaned back on the robot’s seat with a sigh. “…and while we were there some guy pinched my . Seulgi’s mom found out and I think she’s going to sentence him to death.”

“Seems like something she’d do.” Sooyoung said as she came into frame, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend as she spoke. “Taeyeon has always been very concerned with family pride, and even if she might hate your guts you’re linked to Seulgi so that makes you family. She’s probably going to kill him as a warning to the rest of our people.”

“I know, that’s what Seulgi said.” Another sigh escaped Joohyun’s lips. “I don’t want her to do that though, I don’t want him to die. I hate him for touching me without my consent, don’t get me wrong, and I want him to rot away in prison but…it’s just he doesn’t deserve to die for it. People like him aren’t going to learn from that, they’ll just be frightened into doing the same thing but more carefully so they don’t get caught.”

“Hyun you can’t be serious? Sooyoung told me you have a month to get Seulgi’s people to like you and this is what you’re worried about?” Wendy said with a groan. “We both know that what everyday people have to say about you doesn’t matter Hyun, what matters is what the rich people that are going to attend that party think of you.”

“It does matter Wan, god why are all of you going against me today?! Can’t you see that if that guy dies then I’m going to be blamed for it?! I refuse to have blood on my hands Wan.” Joohyun’s tone rose slightly making Wendy from the screen.

“I agree.” It was Sooyoung who spoke this time, receiving a disbelieving look from Wendy and Joohyun. “What?” The tall girl said with furrowed brows to her pouting girlfriend.”She’s right!” Sooyoung gestured to Joohyun before continuing. “Killing that guy would be unnecessary cruelty. Think about it, he probably has a wife and kids, hell maybe he just has his parents either way whatever family he has would be ruined if he’s killed. Prison in our civilization is different from yours. Prisoners there don’t just sit around all day Wan, they work and they pay their fines which are basically just monetary assistance for the imprisoned person’s family.” Sooyoung explained receiving an understanding nod from Wendy. “Anyways I totally get it Hyun, but you need to be careful with what you say. Wendy’s right, you need the approval of the people within the inner circle of the palace and if you come off as someone who’s trying to rebel against Taeyeon they’re going to start talking and you’ll put everyone in an awkward position. I’ll call a friend; she’ll help you for sure.”

“Thank you Sooyoung.” Joohyun said with a small smile and Sooyoung reciprocated it gladly. “Anyways I’m sure it’s been a while there Wan so spill! I want to know all the gossip!”