Plan of action

Normality

“Joohyun please, you’re just going to cause trouble for her.” Sooyoung’s pleading voice came from Joohyun’s side, currently hunched over her desk as she scribbled down on a piece of paper. After her declaration to bring Seulgi back the other night Joohyun had spent almost all of her day racking up ideas on how she was going to make it to Seulgi in the first place, let alone bring her back. Joohyun sighed and looked at the small mountain of balled up paper se had created on her desk before bringing her eyes up to Sooyoung. The two girls were alone in Joohyun’s room, Wendy having gone to school a few hours earlier.

“Sooyoung I haven’t even been able to communicate with her through telepathy and it’s been half a day! Something must’ve happened to her!” Joohyun said with a sigh as she rubbed her temples, taking her round glasses off and placing them on the desk.

“Joohyun time works differently for them; it probably hasn’t even been a few hours for Seulgi.” Sooyoung tried again; honestly surprised she was being the voice of reason considering her reputation. Joohyun crossed her arms and defiantly glared up at Sooyoung, her face set in a serious expression.

“Sooyoung, my mind is set! I’m taking Seulgi back! If you’re not going to help then just leave!” Joohyun said with a set jaw, her eyes daring Sooyoung to question her.

“Of course I’m going to help you! Do you think Seulgi will forgive me if something happens to you out there?!” Sooyoung said with a set scowl making Joohyun let out a sigh and smile slightly at her. “That doesn’t mean I have to like the idea!”

“Thank you Sooyoung.” The human said and gave Sooyoung’s arm a light squeeze before turning to the papers in front of her. She had found a folder under the seat of Gomdori’s cockpit as she looked for anything that could help her communicate with Seulgi. There were a lot of documents but few stuck out. Two were very detailed drawings of an Exolysk, kind of similar to blueprints, with writing that Joohyun presumed was a mix of Seulgi’s language and her own considering the familiar writing. Joohyun had guessed her mother had made them when Sooyoung said that her people almost never used paper and just stuck to holograms. Five more papers were drawings of different parts of what Joohyun, once again, guessed was Gomdori with writing accompanying them as well. Joohyun closed her eyes and leaned back on her chair with a groan before turning her attention to the papers again. “Sooyoung, could you translate these for me?” Joohyun said as she handed the drawings of the Exolysk to the taller girl who had leaned against Joohyun’s desk.

“They’re instructions.” Sooyoung said after a while, humming to herself as she read through the notes. At Joohyun’s curious look she continued. “Apparently the Exolysk’s sent to Earth are pretty old models, not a lot of people know how to operate them so they’re set in a specific place and not touched afterwards until it’s time to turn all of them on.” After a small pause to read through the paper Sooyoung continued. “I guess this is what Irene used to travel to and from Earth enough to get paper, this stuff is expensive.” The tall girl said receiving a huff from Joohyun.” Anyways there’s instructions on how to get the Exolysk to open a portal wherever you want, if you know the coordinates that is. This is pretty easy, I can probably open us a portal.” Sooyoung said as she skimmed through the pages.

“That’s great and all but we can’t just teleport to every planet your people colonized and just ask if they’ve seen Seulgi.” Joohyun said as she let out another sigh.

“We won’t have to.” Sooyoung said as she set the papers down on the table. “If Seulgi talked to you telepathically that means she’s safe enough to feel comfortable with essentially leaving her body to the elements for who knows how long. Seulgi’s dumb but she’s not reckless.” The tall girl mused with a hand on her chin. “There was a hologram with her face everywhere our people were, and considering her mother’s determination, Seulgi is probably at her home in the capital.”

“I thought you’d look more excited at knowing where she was Sooyoung!” Joohyun said with a raised brow at Sooyoung’s pursed lips.

“Her home is the royal palace Joohyun.” The alien deadpan and sighed. “Getting there isn’t the problem; Chick and Gomdori have the coordinates in their systems. The issue is the guards. Joohyun ever since the rebellion snuck into the royal palace the security has been almost impenetrable. Say we manage to teleport inside the palace grounds we’d still need to find Seulgi. That’s going to take time, time we don’t have. I’m strong but I can’t take on all of Taeyeons guards!” Sooyoung added with a frown.

“We have Gomdori and Chick right? I’m sure we can hold them off or something! I can try and find Seulgi and the robots can keep the guards at bay.” Joohyun said as Sooyoung pursed her lips.

“I don’t know Joohyun, it’s pretty risky. The palace is huge and we only get one chance.” The girl says receiving a frown from Joohyun. “If they catch you then it’s over. Taeyeon won’t care if you’re not the one that killed her wife, if she catches you even Seulgi can’t help you.”

“I’m willing to take the risk Sooyoung! I can’t handle losing her.” The determined look on Joohyun’s face was enough for Sooyoung to nod and pat the girls head.

“Alright then, let’s put this plan into action when Wendy gets back ok?” Sooyoung said with a smile and Joohyun nodded. Once Wendy had come back from school Sooyoung and Joohyun had explained their plan, and after promises that they would return in good health she had agreed. Joohyun had tried her best to calm her grandparents down as well, the couple expressing concern over her safe return and Joohyun had reassured them that she would be fine. Soon enough the sun had set and Joohyun was sitting in Gomdori’s cockpit, turning to see Sooyoung, or rather her robot Chick, at her side who gave her a thumbs up before the duo entered the portal Sooyoung had opened previously.

“Seulgi!” Joohyun called out with a smile as she jumped out of Gomdori, the moment the robot landed on the cleanly cut grass of a garden, running to Seulgi and hugging her tightly. “Oh my stars! I’ve missed you so much Seulgi!” Joohyun pulled Seulgi into a kiss, the chaos going on around them with guards yelling and running to the two girls, sounding like nothing but muffled background noise.

“Joohyun! What are you doing here? You need to leave, right now!” Seulgi pulled back from the kiss, leaving Joohyun confused and frowning.

“What are you talking about?!” Joohyun turned her head when Seulgi started pushing her towards Gomdori while she looked around nervously. “I came all this way…Seulgi!” The shorter girl exclaimed pushing Seulgi off her once she had gotten out of her grasp.

“Please Joohyun if my mother sees you I don’t know what she’s going to do!” Seulgi said with a worried look on her face as she held Joohyun’s shoulders and looked into her eyes. “Please Joohyun! Get on Gomdori and lea-“

“Seulgi!” A worried voice came from behind Seulgi making her turn to see her mother running towards her before coming to a halt. Caring eyes turned dark and filled with rage once they made contact with Joohyun’s. “You!” Taeyeon’s voice seemed to silence everything around them as she exclaimed, a deep set frown on her face. “I’m going to end you Irene!”