True Heart

Normality

When Joohyun awoke she found the courtroom in chaos, guards and citizens clashing into an anger fuelled beat down. Her eyes went wide at the side, tears flowing down her face automatically. She tried to speak but her voice choked up when the saw the defendant, glaring at her with anger fuelled eyes and an evil smirk on his face. Her eyes went down to see his hands wrapped around a wheezing Seulgi.

“Seulgi! No! Please stop! What are you doing?! You’re going to kill her!” Joohyun tried to get up from the chair but saw restraints holding her down. “Taeyeon do something! Please!” She turned her head to the side but was only met with Taeyeon’s cold dead stare. “Oh my god! Amber!” She frantically looked around, seeing the girl being beat down by some unknown person, a patch on his arm that Joohyun recognized as a rebellion patch.

“This is all your fault you know! This was a test and you failed!” The man said, standing over a beaten Seulgi, whose eyes had turned milky white. Joohyun’s heart broke. “You were lying the whole time that whole spiel about my family not deserving to bury me was a total lie, what a joke!” He was now standing mere inches away from her, pointing at the machine strapped to Joohyun. The human wept her heart feeling like it would give out any second from the sheer pain that went through her system. “Well? Still going to pretend you’d forgive me?” The man said with a smirk but Joohyun could only turn to look at him with pained eyes.

“I’m not a killer…Violence only breeds more violence. Death only breeds more death.” Joohyun said her voice hollow and breaking at every syllable. “Seulgi is the love of my life, you killed her. You took her away from me. That’s not something I wish on even my greatest enemy. So yes I still don’t want your family to bury you.” The man laughed maniacally, reaching and grabbing Joohyun.

The world went dark.

“Joohyun…”

“Joohyun!”

“Joohyun wake up!” Joohyun’s eyes snapped open at the voice calling her, finding Seulgi looking at her with a worried expression on her features as she held the human’s face in her hands. “It’s alright! It’s alight I’m right here.” The alien said with a loving kiss on Joohyun’s forehead. The human looked at her with tears streaming down her eyes, before lurching forward and hugging the other woman, not caring for the desk between them and climbing over it. Seulgi pulled the girl closer, rubbing her back as she whispered soothing words in her ear. She had seen what the simulation had been; it had ached her to see Joohyun crying like that, she could actually feel her pain. “Shh it’s alright. I’m right here! I’m alright. It was just a simulation, I’m alive.” It took a while for Joohyun to stop crying, and even when she did she remained glued to Seulgi’s side. Thankfully the court was given a break while Joohyun balled her eyes out, so she had a bit of privacy with Seulgi, but that didn’t last long as the couple was called in the room by Amber, who gave Joohyun a small hug of reassurance.

“After careful analysis of the simulation results we have reached a verdict.” Taeyeon spoke with a clipped tone, her eyes boring holes in Joohyun’s head. The human let out a sigh, and after Seulgi squeezed her hand, looked up to meet the empress eyes. “We have determined that the victim’s words were true to her heart. The defendant will be sentenced to the accuser’s specifications.” With that Taeyeon got out of her seat, leaving the room in deafly silence. A heartbeat later and the people behind the defendant began talking with relieved smiles on their faces. Joohyun looked at Seulgi with hopeful eyes, and after a nod from Seulgi, hugged the taller girl tightly.

“Good job Joohyun.” Amber said when Joohyun detached herself from her girlfriend. “Seems you made a family very happy today.” The short haired girl said with a smile, nodding towards the defendants family. Joohyun turned to look at them, hugging the man with tears in their eyes. When the man saw Joohyun he was escorted closer to her, and with loud sobs fell onhis knees in front of her.

“Thank you…Thank you so much! I’m so sorry! I don’t deserve this! I’ll make sure to fix this. I swear on my life! Thank you! I’m so sorry!” The man said, head lowered in shame, tears hitting the ground. Joohyun gave him a small nod as he was brought up from the ground by the guards and pulled out of the courtroom. Joohyun could hear the gossiping coming from the people that were supposedly on her side, she could see the lights of the media flashing, but she didn’t care, all the girl cared about was the two children than ran up to her and hugged her, thanking them for saving their fathers life. After greeting the family of the defendant, the girl exited the courtroom, bodyguards, Amber and Seulgi on her sides. She didn’t expect to be greeted by smiles from the public, some even cheering, as she entered the car that awaited them outside.

“How did you even manage to do that Hyun?” Seulgi asked with an astounded look on her face as she looked at the crowd behind her while the car drove away.

“I don’t know honestly.” Joohyun said with a small relieved laugh.

“You did good Joohyun.” Amber said as she looked down at a holographic screen in her hands. “You’re already trending, the people seem to love you right now.” The short haired girl said with a grin.

“I’m just glad this is all over with.” Joohyun said leaning back on the car seat. “Thank you, you two. I really couldn’t have been able to do this without you two being there.” The girl said taking Seulgi’s hand in her own. “Thank you.”

“Don’t even mention it Hyun!” Seulgi said with a smile, giving a kiss on her girlfriend’s forehead.

“Now that’s that done with…”Amber said with a smirk. “We deserve to celebrate! I’m calling Krystal right now! Let’s go out!” The short haired girl said excitedly making the couple in front of her laugh. “It’ll be fun as hell! Seulgi’s paying so let’s go all out!”

“Hey wait a minute! Since when did I agree to that?!”