Negotiations

Normality

Seulgi groaned as she opened her eyes, her body feeling heavy, tired despite having just woken up. She looked around and a smile came to her features. At her side stood Joohyun, smiling that warm radiant smile she always reserved for the blue eyed girl. Seulgi tried to move however her body didn’t respond to her. As if realizing Seulgi’s troubles Joohyun walked closer to her and sat on the bed, turning to look at her.

“Joohyun, what are you doing here?” Seulgi asked but Joohyun didn’t reply, simply smiling at her. “Joohyun?” Seulgi tried again but Joohyun remained mute. “Joohyun, is everything ok?” She asked, a feeling of uneasiness creeping up her. Joohyun continued to stare at her, her loving smile turning creepy the longer it lasted. “Joohyun, please…” Seulgi didn’t know what she was pleading for, maybe it was to see her again or maybe it was for her to leave.

“You’re hurting me.” Joohyun’s voice came out straggled. Seulgi’s eyes went wide when she found her hands wrapped around Joohyun’s throat. Seulgi made to release the girl but her body refused to obey her once again. “You’re going to kill me just like you did my mother. To think I was linked with such a monster.” Joohyun’s voice came from behind her ear this time, as cold arms wrapped around her waist. This didn’t make any sense, how could Joohyun be whispering in her ear when she was fighting for her life in Seulgi’s hands. “Go on Seulgi, kill me. This shouldn’t be very hard for you; you are your mother’s daughter after all. Show me the monster I know you are.”

“No!” Seulgi screamed as she lurched forward, eyes wide and frantically looking around her room as her guards rushed in her room.

“Seulgi are you ok?” Hyoyeon’s voice called out to her but it came muffled in Seulgi’s head. Everything hurt, her heart ached, her brain felt like nails were being stabbed into it. She felt terrible, the shaking coming from Sunny as she tried to get her attention only worsening the situation. Seulgi practically screamed at the guards to leave her alone, pushing Sunny away with her arm, nervous sweat abundant on her brow.

“Call a doctor!” Seulgi heard one of the women speak, she thought it was Yuri she couldn’t be sure, as two others held her down in an attempt to keep her from hurting herself.

“Just leave me alone! I don’t want to hurt anybody! I didn’t mean to kill her! I’m sorry Joohyun! I’m so sorry!” Seulgi cried out, making Hyoyeon and Sunny send concerned looks to each-other as they held her down on her bed. Before long a doctor came in her room, a needle in hand and Seulgi’s pained heart received a short break as she fell back asleep.

“We can’t tell Tae about this.” Hyoyeon’s voice was muffled in Seulgi’s ears as she slowly awoke, her eyes remaining closed despite her consciousness returning to her slowly.

“I agree, if Seulgi hadn’t told her about this Joohyun person then there must be a reason.” Sunny’s voice came next. Seulgi froze. They knew about Joohyun. But how?

“We all agree on that but what do we tell her? She’s going to want a reason for Seulgi’s breakdown and it’s obvious this Joohyun person was just that.”Seohyun had said making Seulgi break out into a nervous sweat. Had she told them about her? She had no memory of it! What had she done?

“We’re going to tell Tae that Seulgi was having a nightmare about Tiffany, coming back would surely trigger some memories to resurface.” Yuri’s calm, collected voice silenced the discussion. Soon enough the group exit the room and Seulgi breathes a sigh of relief as she opens her eyes to look around her room, an action she quickly regretted once her head began pounding once again. She closed her eyes, in hopes of sleeping again but the muffled voice of her mother angrily talking to her guards before she entered her room woke Seulgi up completely.

“Seulgi honey! On my suns are you alright?” Taeyeon’s concerned voice sounded out into the empty room as Seulgi sat up on the bed to hug her mother.

“I’m fine mother, I just…It’s been a while since I’ve been home, everything just came pouring back in and I guess I couldn’t handle it.” Seulgi explained with a small smile and Taeyeon sighed, giving a small reassuring smile.

“Honey you know you can tell me anything right? You don’t need to handle everything yourself.” Seulgi knew her mother meant the words, despite her cold ruthless nature towards the rebellion soldiers Taeyeon had always been a loving mother to Seulgi, even if her time with her had been limited.

“Mother can I ask you something?”  Seulgi’s voice was timid, she honestly hated that she had to manipulate her mother’s love for her like this but she had no choice.

“Anything Seulgi.” Taeyeon said with a nod and Seulgi took a deep breath.

“You know that planet I was stranded in? Earth?” Taeyeon nodded and Seulgi continued. “May I please have it?”

“I don’t understand, we’re going to colonize that planet. Of course it’s going to be yours.” Taeyeon said with a raised eyebrow and Seulgi nodded giving a sigh.

“I know, but I don’t want to colonize it. I want to keep it as is. I guess I grew fond of that planet since the people there treated me so kindly. Please mother I won’t ask anything else from you.” Seulgi said, giving her mother the puppy eyes she knew the older woman couldn’t resist.

“Fine, you can have it.” After a few moments of Taeyeon trying to resist she gave in with a small sigh and a smile. “But don’t go around making this a habit Seulgi. You’re going to be the empress one day, you can’t go around skipping valuable planets because the people were nice to you.” Her mother said and Seulgi nodded, rushing to hug her mother.

“Thank you so much mother!” Seulgi said as her mother reciprocated the hug.

“Anything for my daughter!” Taeyeon said with a smile, a wave of relief hitting Seulgi softly.

“Really mother, thank you!”