Beggining

Normality

“Joohyun?” Seulgi carefully called out, reaching her hand out and placing it on Joohyun’s shoulder. “Hey, are you ok?” She asked when beautiful brown eyes fluttered open.

“Yeah…” Joohyun said as she took the hand Seulgi had offered and stood up on wobbly feet.”What happened? Is Sooyoung ok? Wendy was with her, is she hurt?” The girl asked with a worried look on her beautiful features which made Seulgi sigh and place her hands on each cheek of Joohyun’s face.

“Yeah they’re fine, Sooyoung was just scared because the Exolysk and she didn’t know what was happening.” Seulgi replied biting her tongue after. She hated having to add to the lies she has told the girl but she had no choice. The monolid girl didn’t want to lose Joohyun, not yet, not ever. Seulgi took a deep breath and smiled. “Let’s get you home Joohyun."

“You said the Exolysk right? Is that why there’s that beam of light coming from it?” Joohyun asked and Seulgi nodded. The two were making their way on foot, Gomdori following behind them in the air as protection, although Seulgi had told Joohyun that it was just the robot being too scared to be alone. Joohyun hadn’t questioned it. “What are they Seulgi? You seem to know a lot about them, I’ve seen you use it a lot.” Joohyun asked and Seulgi shrugged.

“They’re kind of like checkpoints for our kind.” Seulgi said after struggling to find the right word for a few moments. “They act like charging and repair ports depending on their model but their main function is opening a sort of ‘portal’ from our worlds to the world they’re in.” The blue eyed girl said making air quotes at the word portal. “That’s how we make our way to different planets, that’s how I made my way here. When the last Exolysk was placed here Gomdori managed to grab onto it and we found ourselves on this island.”

“Speaking of which, why did you name your robot Gomdori? Teddy bear isn’t a very threatening name you know.” Joohyun teased making Seulgi chuckle.

“Who said I ever wanted to be threatening?” Seulgi asked with a small melancholic smile on her features, which Joohyun didn’t miss. “We’re here Joohyun. I’m sure your grandparents don’t want to see me in their house right now so I’ll let you go.” She said with a small chuckle.

“Come pick me up after school Seulgi.” Joohyun said with a smile and the girl nodded. Joohyun smiled and hugged Seulgi the taller girl not hesitating to wrap her arms around the shorter of the two the moment she did. “Bye bye!” Joohyun said as she waved up at Gomdori and made her way to her backyard and climbed up the metallic ladder into her room.

Seulgi smiled at the small wave Joohyun gave her and once the girl was out of sight she let out a sigh. “Gomdori, have all of them activated?” The monolid girl asked as the robot slowly made its way down from the sky next to Seulgi so she could climb in. Gomdori hummed and Seulgi cursed before speaking again. “Send Sooyoung a message to meet up at the Exolysk. Tell her to bring Wendy. She deserves an explanation.” Gomdori hummed an affirmative. “Take us to Yeri’s house Gomdori.” With that the robot hummed and went up into the air. Seulgi closed her eyes to keep herself from letting tears escape, and let her head fall back on the seat of Gomdori’s cockpit. She opened her eyes and slapped some energy back in herself. A few minutes later she found herself in front of Yeri’s door, knocking before looking around awkwardly. Yeri’s mother answered the door and she smiled.

“Seulgi, it’s nice to see you again.” The woman said and Seulgi smiled.

“Nice to see you again miss Kim. Is Yeri home?” She asked and Yeri’s mother shook her head.

“Sorry Seulgi you just missed her, she said she wanted to go to school earlier today.” The woman said and Seulgi nodded with a polite smile.

“Ah, it’s alright. Thank you, have a nice day miss Kim.” Seulgi said and bowed slightly heading down the porch steps and making her way to Gomdori. During her week away from Joohyun she had spent most of her time with Yeri, the young girl offering her home up in exchange for information about alien species. Seulgi climbed on Gomdori and opened the cockpit to find Yeri grinning at her. “You really need to stop lying to your mom Yeri.” The older girl said and entered the cockpit with Yeri sitting in between her legs.

“I’m a teenager, it’s what we do.” Yeri said with a roll of her eyes before turning her attention to Gomdori. “By the way this new form looks great Gomdori my dude.” She said as Seulgi sighed and the cockpit entrance slid closed. “So why did you come and pick me up today?” Yeri asked as Gomdori made its way into the sky.

“I need some help.” She said and leaned back on her seat as Gomdori its autopilot. “Remember what I told you about the Exolysk? How we use them?” Seulgi asked and Yeri nodded.

“Yeah you use them for colonization. That’s why they always make the ground around them super fertile; it’s like an early form of terra forming.” Yeri explained and Seulgi nodded, impressed at the girls memory. No wonder she did so well in school despite barely going.

“It’s started.” Seulgi said with a grim frown. “The Exolysk on your island was the last one sent here, and if that it means that, I they’re following procedure, there’s plans to colonize Earth after a few months.” She added before taking a deep breath. “Some people from the rebellion made their way here though so I’m afraid that the Empire will send their fleets earlier to claim their territory, maybe in a week or two.”

“Remember how I didn’t freak out when you told me your kind is going to colonize the Earth?” Yeri asked receiving a nod from Seulgi.”I think it was a very late reaction type of deal.” The girl said and Seulgi noticed she was starting to hyper ventilate.

“Hey, hey relax.” Seulgi said and rubbed the girls back soothingly, like how a parent would their scared child. ”I’m not going to let that happen Yeri, trust me. I’ll stop this.” The girl added as Gomdori hummed a relaxing hum. Seulgi hugged the younger girl and waited for a while for Yeri to calm down. Yeri slowly relaxed into the embrace and closed her eyes, regulating her breathing.

“So what do you need my help with?” She after a while and detached herself from Seulgi’s arms.

“I don’t want to pressure you into helping Yeri. If you don’t want to after what you heard then I’m totally fine with it.” Seulgi reassured but only received a smirk from Yeri.

“Relax Seulgi, I’m ok now. I just needed a little time to process everything. So what do you need?” Yeri smiled making Seulgi gladly reciprocate it.

“Thank you Yeri.”