Comfort

Normality

Morning came quickly for Joohyun, who had spent the rest of the night trying to keep her heart from beating out of her chest when Seulgi had joined her in bed. If she was honest she was a bit scared that maybe Seulgi wouldn’t sleep in the same bed anymore, or would at least be a bit awkward about it, but even after their kiss the fox eyed girl hadn’t hesitated to slip into bed with Joohyun. The human girl smiled as she placed a finger on her lips, barely keeping the squeal quiet when she recalled the previous night. She swore Seulgi had the softest, sweetest lips in the world, no in the universe! Sure Joohyun wasn’t exactly experienced in said field, she was never really interested in romance, but Seulgi made her heart soar.

“Morning Hyun…” Seulgi’s groggy morning voice brought Joohyun out of her love induced daydream. She looked up to meet half open blue eyes that made her smile widely, not only at the loving look that never seemed to disappear from Seulgi’s eyes, but at the little nickname.

“Morning Seulgi!” Joohyun replied earning a soft tug from Seulgi, as she pulled her body closer to her in a small embrace. A small laugh escaped Joohyun’s lips as Seulgi began peppering kisses all over her face. “Someone is in a good mood.” The high school student said making Seulgi nod enthusiastically.

“You could say that…” Seulgi replied, the velvety voice and the small peck on her lips making Joohyun blush slightly and lightly hit the taller girl’s chest.

“Stop!” Joohyun said in a sing song voice making Seulgi only pull her closer with a smile. “I don’t want my grandparents walking into us making out or something!” She added with a small giggle making Seulgi laugh and place a kiss on her nose.

“You’re lucky you have school today.” Seulgi said and Joohyun whined in annoyance which Seulgi found more than adorable.

“Why did you have to remind me?” Joohyun asked and dragged herself out of bed with a small huff receiving a small chuckle from Seulgi.

“Because if you’re not ready to go within twenty minutes you’re going to be late.” The tall girl replied, sitting up on the bed with the sheets pooling around her waist.

“What?” Seulgi will forever be amazed at how quickly Joohyun had moved to get ready that morning.

The walk to school was quiet. Well Wendy and Sooyoung had made Seulgi, Joohyun and Yeri, who they had picked up from her home; wait in front of the Shon household for a solid ten minutes which had made Joohyun give the poor girls a speech about tardiness similar to how a mother would scold a child, but other than that it had been pretty quiet. Even Yeri, who Seulgi had found out to lack a turn off switch, was quiet.

“I’ll see you after school Seulgi.” Joohyun had said with a smile which Seulgi had reciprocated. The group had reached the school gates, marking the end of where Seulgi and Sooyoung were allowed to go, and were saying their goodbyes.

“Yeah…” Seulgi replied with a smile and kissed Joohyun’s cheek. “I’ll come pick you up. Have a nice day Hyun, I love you!”

“I love you too Seulgi.” Joohyun had said, stuttering slightly at first, a blush forming on her features at Seulgi’s oh so charming smile. “Bye bye!” She said as Wendy dragged her away with a smirk on her features, which Seulgi realized Sooyoung was responsible for with the huge blush on her features. She raised her eyebrow and a devilish grin came to her features when she saw a small mark on Sooyoung’s neck.

“I guess playgirl Sooyoung is no more.” Seulgi said, her tone teasing which made Sooyoung huff and hit her arm. “Ouch! Is that any way to treat your best friend?” Seulgi laughed despite her words however a tug on her shirt from Yeri got her attention. Despite having left before Wendy and Joohyun for class she had somehow managed to sneak past them back to the entrance. Just as Seulgi was about to reprimand her for skipping she shut up.

“Seulgi, can I stay with you today?” Yeri’s voice was quiet, something Seulgi was definitely not used to, and her eyes didn’t hold their usual vigor in them. Seulgi sent Sooyoung a look of confusion but the tall girl only shrugged.

“Yeah, sure Yeri.” Seulgi said with a small encouraging smile which Yeri reciprocated. The three girls made their way towards Joohyun’s house, with Sooyoung breaking of when they passed Wendy’s house as she had promised Wendy’s mom that she would help her with housework that day. When Seulgi and Yeri reached Joohyun’s house they were greeted by the girls grandparents that, after giving them juice and candy, shooed them upstairs to Joohyun’s room. Yeri sat down on the bed in the room and sighed, making Seulgi press her lips together in worry. “What’s wrong Yeri?” Seulgi asked after a bit of silence making her way to the bed, sitting beside the other girl.

“It’s stupid really…” Yeri said with a small, self deprecating laugh making Seulgi frown.

“Yeri, if it’s upsetting you so much, it’s anything but stupid.” The taller girl said pulling Yeri into a small hug. “Whatever it is, you can tell me kiddo.” Seulgi added feeling a small wet feeling on her neck before Yeri gave a small whimper.

“Seulgi, I don’t want you to leave…” Yeri said, her voice weak and muffled against the crook of the alien girls neck, but Seulgi heard it loud and clear.

“Yeri…” Seulgi began to speak but no words came out. She wanted to tell the younger girl that it would all be better but both of them knew that wouldn’t be the case.

“I know I’m being selfish but you’re the only person that I feel like I can open up to. I love Joohyun, Wendy and all my other friends but I’m afraid that if I start talking about myself so much they might think of me as a burden.” Yeri explained making Seulgi hug her tighter and run a hand through her blonde hair.

“Yeri I promise you that they don’t feel like that!” Seulgi said with a small sigh. “They love you kiddo. I know I’ve only known them for a short time but I can tell when people are being genuine.” The taller girl said with a smile as she pulled away from the hug. “I’m going to miss you Yeri, I really am, but I promise, if there was any other way to solve this peacefully I would’ve taken it. I’m really sorry Yeri.” Seulgi said with a small smile as she wiped Yeri’s tears away. “Besides you’ll still have Gomdori here, I’m sure I’ll be able to use the communicator on him to talk to you guys sometime.” Seulgi added with a grin which made Yeri smile and wipe her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Have you told Joohyun yet?” Yeri asked making Seulgi shake her head but any further response was cut off.

“Tell me what?”