Nightmare

Normality

After a night of hefty drinking, Joohyun and Seulgi found their way stumbling to the alien’s bedroom, held up by Hyoyeon and Sunny as Yuri and Seohyun tucked the duo into bed, trying their hardest to keep them from jumping on each-other every two seconds.

“Just go to bed already! I’m not paid to babysit you two!” Hyoyeon whined, pushing Seulgi down by her shoulders on the bed while Sunny tried to keep Joohyun down. For a human the girl had some amazing strength on her.

“How dare you keep me from my girlfriend Hyoyeon! I thought we were friends!” Seulgi whined out to the older woman who groaned and rolled her eyes. When Seulgi had told the woman that she didn’t like to drink Hyoyeon had insisted, and with Amber’s and Sunny’s help, she had managed to convince the young woman. Safe to say she was already regretting her decision.

“Seulgi! Listen to Hyoyeon!” Joohyun’s slurred voice came from Seulgi’s side, her soft hands grabbing the pouting girl’s cheeks and turning her head, blue connecting with brown. Seulgi giggled at her girlfriend’s antics which made Joohyun fall into a fit of giggles as well.

“Stop complaining you two are the ones that made her drink!” Yuri said hitting the back of both Hyoyeon and Sunny’s heads.

“Alright you two time for bed.” Seohyun said with a chuckle, taking the cover placed over Joohyun and Seulgi haphazardly and tucking the couple in properly. “Good night.” With that Seulgi yawned and hugged Joohyun tightly, closing her eyes and slowly falling asleep. After checking to make sure the two girls were fine the bodyguards left the room, silence reigning safe for the soft breathing of the young women.

Soft whimpering brought Seulgi out of her slumber, making her search for the source o the sounds. Her eyes moved down, and even in the dimly lit room Seulgi could see the tears streaming down Joohyun’s face.

“Hyun?” Seulgi’s groggy voice sounded in the room but it did nothing to wake the sleeping girl. “Joohyun are you ok?” Seulgi asked once again, now fully awake, placing a hand on her girlfriends shoulder and squeezing slightly. “Baby wake up.” Seulgi called out to the crying girl, her eyes snapping open at the voice and immediately jumping into the other girl’s arms, hugging her tightly. “Hey, it’s alright. I’m here, its fine. It was just a nightmare. You’re alright.” The alien mumbled into Joohyun’s hair, pulling the girl tighter into the embrace and rubbing her back. Joohyun continued to cry, Seulgi simply hugging the girl and showering her with kisses. After a while of humming to soothe the girls crying down Joohyun managed to peek up at Seulgi, who gave her a loving smile and kissed her forehead. “Hey there bunny!” Seulgi said with a grin, which got a smile from Joohyun. “Did you have a nightmare?” Joohyun gave a soft nod and hugged Seulgi again, hiding her features into the crook of her neck. “What was it about?”

“That guy…he killed you again.” Joohyun mumbled into Seulgi’s skin, shutting her eyes tight to keep herself from crying again.

“The one in court yesterday?” Seulgi asked and Joohyun nodded, gaining a sigh from the taller girl. She expected something like this to happen, the simulation was too extreme especially for a human to handle. “It’s ok Joohyun, nothing like that is ever going to happen.” Seulgi reassured and ran her hand through her girlfriend’s hair. “You know why?” The girl asked, taking Joohyun’s cheeks in her hands. Joohyun shook her head. “Because I can’t marry you if that happens. And I really want to you know.”

“You cheeseball!” Joohyun said pushing Seulgi away from her with giggles as the other tried to pull her closer and kiss her.

“You love me!” Seulgi said with a laugh as Joohyun stop trying to resist her and turned to face her.

“I do, I love you so much.” Joohyun said connecting their foreheads together with a smile.

“I love you too Hyun.” With that Seulgi connected their lips, showering her girlfriend with love.

The next few weeks went by rather monotonously. Joohyun’s nightmares stopped after a few days, something the human was thankful for as she didn’t know if she would be able to learn anything with the little sleep she had been getting those few days. While Seulgi spent most of her time with her mother, forced to attend meetings Taeyeon went to with the pretext that she had to learn how to rule her people when the time came, Joohyun spent it learning the Eldurian’s language, chatting with her friends and family back on earth, and just generally befriending the people around her. If she was honest Joohyun was having a hard time adapting to the new life as the daughter-in-law of the empress. She wasn’t used to having servants to do everything for her, something she made quite a well known fact when she started helping the maids with hanging up clothes to dry and the cook with making meals for the staff. Amber had mentioned how people found it endearing, showing the young woman the comments people made online. Joohyun wasn’t doing it on porpoise, and the people had seemed to notice as they had related to the woman. Of course there were naysayers but surprisingly, or unsurprisingly to Amber, they were mostly the rich side of the capital, saying that Joohyun wasn’t fit to be the future empress’ wife as she had already dirtied her hands with tasks below her status. Joohyun had decided to ignore them, despite them being the ones she was supposed to be impressing, in favor of what she felt was more important. The people who were just like her, hard working people trying to make ends meet. The ball Taeyeon had promised was fast approaching, and to say Joohyun was a nervous mess would be an understatement.

“Relax Cinderella!”Yeri had said, with a roll of her eyes, from the holographic screen in front of Joohyun. The human was currently sitting in Gomdori, playing nervously with her fingers while she talked to Yeri on the communicator. “Everything is fine, Seulgi’s gonna come through even if you can’t convince Taeyeon that you’re popular but with what I’ve seen on the uniweb you’re doing great in terms of popularity. You just gotta relax y’know?” Yeri said casually, flicking her eyes from Joohyun to the screen in her hands.

“Uniweb? Yeri what are you talking about? And will you put your phone away when you’re talking to me?” Joohyun said with an annoyed look on her face.

“Jeez you sound like my mom Hyun!” Yeri whined out and set her phone aside, making a show of opening her eyes to look at the girl. “Uniweb, that’s what I’ve decided to call the internet there. You know like universe web.”

“How did you even got on it from there let alone understand anything from it?!” Joohyun gave the girl a disbelieving roll of her eyes.

“You’d be surprised what you can do with salvaged parts from two robots from there and a lot of free time.” Yeri said with a shrug before continuing. “Anyways, I gotta go. You’ll do great at the ball mom I’ll be cheering for you!” With that the hologram before her shut off leaving Joohyun to lean back on the seat she was sat on.

“This !”