Return

Normality

"What's wrong Hyun?" Seulgi spoke as she entered her bedroom, finding Joohyun laying with her head under the covers. After the party and Taeyeon's decision to let Earth be a sovereign planet Joohyun had been ecstatic, making sure to drag Seulgi on the dance floor almost every time a new song began. So, seeing her hiding under the covers, releasing soft whine when Seulgi spoke, utterly confused the young alien. She made her way to the bed, sitting on the edge and carefully pulling the covers off her girlfriend’s body. “Hey you.” Seulgi said playfully smiling at the human who whined and extended her arms to wrap around the alien’s waist. Seulgi chuckled at the action, patting her girlfriends head. “What’s wrong baby?” The alien reiterated the question, a soft caring smile on her face. “You were like an excited bunny all night tonight. What changed?”

“I don’t know Seul…” Joohyun said with a small sigh, sitting up straight to face her girlfriend. “I just…I guess I don’t want to leave.” At a nod from Seulgi she continued. “I really miss home, don’t get me wrong. I miss my grandparents, Wan, Yeri, Yongsun, Byul, everyone! I miss my home and I want to go back but I also don’t want to leave here!” Seulgi gave the young woman’s hand a small squeeze, showing her understanding. “I made new friends here Seulgi; I’m going to miss them too.”

“I get it Hyun, that’s how I felt about leaving Earth too.” Seulgi said as she wrapped an arm around Joohyun’s shoulders, bringing her head to rest on her shoulder. “We’re going back to Earth but that doesn’t mean we can’t visit! The Exolysk’s are still going to be there and we can come back any time you want. You’ll always have a home here Joohyun.” The alien said rubbing her girlfriend’s arm softly, turning to kiss her hair, before resting her own head on the human’s. Joohyun nodded, turning to Seulgi with a loving smile.

“I love you bear.”

“I love you too bunny.”

A few days later, after packing some clothes for Seulgi and some gifts for the couple’s friends back home, Joohyun and Seulgi found themselves standing next to Gomdori with smiles on their faces as their friends bid them goodbye one by one. Amber was the first to hug Seulgi and Joohyun, telling them to be safe and come to visit her again sometime. Krystal was next, simply shaking hands and smiling at the couple while she told them to visit a few times as she wanted to get to know Joohyun better. Sunny and Hyoyeon were a crying mess, hugging Seulgi and Joohyun as if the couple was leaving for good, telling them they’d miss their kids greatly. Yeri and Seohyun were calmer, smiling and hugging the couple, wishing them their best wishes. And finally Taeyeon. Joohyun expected nothing more than a nod from her if she was honest but what she got was a soft hug, gentle and kind. The human returned the gesture and before long the two broke apart, the empress giving the other a smile and wishing her the best of luck. Soon enough Seulgi and Joohyun were sat in Gomdori, with the human sitting between Seulgi’s legs.

“Are you ready baby?” Seulgi asked with a smile and Joohyun nodded, turning her head to smile back.

“Let’s go home Seul.”Joohyun said, her voice practically velvet as she spoke.

Gomdori’s engine roared to life, the robot hovering for a few moments before speeding off through the sky, over the capital city and into the sky, leaving behind a trail of white smoke. Seulgi laughed when Joohyun let out a screech, resembling the call of a dolphin she had seen on human television, as Gomdori soared through the sky, up the atmosphere and into space, where it floated for a while. Joohyun looked on at the sight in front of her with wide eyes, amazement on her features. The two suns of Seulgi’s home planet shone brightly, but in the alien’s eyes nothing could compare to the brightness of Joohyun’s smile. Seulgi let go of the joysticks that controlled Gomdori wrapping her arms around Joohyun’s waist, intertwining their fingers and resting her head on the human’s shoulder.

“I really love you Joohyun, please never leave me.” Seulgi’s words made Joohyun turn to face her, as much as she could in the cramped cockpit, taking her face in her hands. Joohyun smiled softly, placing a kiss on the young alien’s nose before resting their foreheads together.

“Don’t even let that thought cross your mind Seulgi.” Joohyun said with a loving look in her eyes which made Seulgi smile slightly. “I love you so much you’re going to wish you’ll be able to get rid of me!” That made the alien laugh and lean in to kiss Joohyun. “Now, let’s go home alright?” With that they were off.

The first thing the couple saw when they reached Earth was the night sky, untainted by the Exolysk they came out of, which began turning black, it’s usual pink glow dulling until it was completely out. The duo landed Gomdori, coming out of the cockpit and taking each-other’s hand. The town in front of them was dark, all of the lights turned off save for one small traditional looking house that looked out at the field of poppies the couple were standing in. They took their time to walk to the house, relishing in the familiarity and homey nature that the small island of Red Field brought them. Once they were near the house they heard someone yell out.

“They’re back!” Yeri was out the door first, running to the couple and jumping into both of their eyes. “I missed you two so much!” The younger girl said as Seulgi and Joohyun hugged her back, tears b both of their eyes.

“Finally, took you two long enough.” Sooyoung’s voice came from the door as Wendy followed out, running to hug Joohyun tightly and pull her towards the door where her grandparents awaited her, giving her a thigh hug each. Joohyun stilled for a moment before turning to see Seulgi standing a few feet away, a small melancholic smile in her visage. She didn’t hesitate to run to her and drag her to the group of people awaiting them at the door, who pulled the alien into a tight group hug. It didn’t take long for Joohyun’s grandparents to usher the younger people inside with caring smiles on their faces, closing the door behind them.