Dumb bear

Normality

“ ‘Yes Sir! I’m very serious sir!’ What was that Seulgi?” Joohyun laughed as she tugged Seulgi behind her, making their way towards Joohyun’s room.

“Stop laughing! I was nervous!” Seulgi whined out as the duo entered the room, Irene still in a fit of giggles. “Besides it’s true!” The girl added with a small blush and a pout. “I am serious about you.” Seulgi said which made Joohyun’s laughs quiet down.

“What?” She asked, a look of disbelief in her eyes and a blush quickly forming on her features.

“I said I’m serious about yo-“ Seulgi was cut off by a small knock on the window. She looked behind Joohyun, who turned around as well, to see Gomdori knocking on the window with its metallic finger.

“How can he even knock on glass without breaking it?” Joohyun asked and Seulgi chuckled.

“Because he’s my son Joohyun, being soft runs in our family you know.” Seulgi said with a smirk as she made her way to the window and opened it.

“You do realize he’s a giant robot right Seulgi?” Joohyun asked with a teasing raise of her eyebrow.

“How dare you Joohyun? Right in front of him!” Seulgi acted offended, a hand on her chest. “Look at how much Gomdori likes you and you say those hurtful words to him!” She said as Gomdori brought its hand up to reveal a little daisy in between two of its metallic fingers.

“I guess being cheesy runs in your family as well Seulgi.” Joohyun said teasingly as she went to the window and took the flower from Gomdori, placing it in her hair.

“Sorry Gomdori, your and your mother’s love was rejected cruelly. “ Seulgi said dramatically as she leaned on Gomdori’s metallic finger. The robot made a humming noise and Joohyun laughed.

“Come on you weirdo, I have to go to bed. I have school tomorrow and it said there would be a thunder storm tonight.” Joohyun said, a sheepish smile on her face at the last words, and Seulgi smiled, nodding and patting Gomdori on the metallic finger, telling it to go to the cave so it wouldn’t get dirty.

“Joohyun…” Seulgi began as she wrapped her arms around the short girl, having changed into pajamas, shut the light and tucked themselves into Joohyun’s bed. The later hummed a reply and Seulgi continued. “…I meant what I said. I really am serious about you. I promise you, as long as I’m alive and even after that, I promise I’ll protect you, I promise I’ll take care of you and I promise I’ll love you.” Seulgi said before looking down and kissing the top of Joohyun’s head after noticing the even breathing. “Please just don’t hate me.”

Joohyun awoke to the sound of her grandmother knocking on the door gently, before entering with a smile on her face.

“Time to wake up dear, you have school today.” Her grandmother said as Joohyun stretched her arms out with a small whine. She smiles at her grandmother and nods, receiving a small smile before the old lady leaves the room. Joohyun sighs softly as she turns around in the bed to face a sleepy Seulgi, barely awake from her slumber.

“Good morning.” Joohyun said with a smile and Seulgi whined out a response simply hugging the young woman closer and hiding her face in Joohyun’s soft black hair. “I’d love to stay and cuddle Seulgi, I really would, but I have school today. I can’t be late, exams are coming up you know, can’t be skipping classes.” The words fell into deaf ears as Seulgi let out another whine and peeked her eyes open to look into Joohyun’s playful but assertive ones. “Come on, you can walk me to school if you want.” Joohyun said as Seulgi smiled and kissed her forehead before unwrapping her arms from around the girl, and following her once she got out of bed. Joohyun showered and got dressed first, followed by Seulgi as the high school student got her backpack ready and read of the notes that she had gotten in class. Thankfully Joohyun had a knack for learning things in one read through so studying was never an issue for her, and her grades had stayed relatively the same despite everything that went on in her life. She smiled when Seulgi entered the room, dressed in her clothes and a towel around her neck. She had come to realize there was nothing hotter than a freshly showered Seulgi.

The duo made their way to the kitchen counter where they quickly ate breakfast and made their way out towards Joohyun’s school. Seulgi held Joohyun’s hand as they walked a smile on each of their faces as the enjoyed each-others company in silence. Their silence was interrupted by someone calling their names.

“Joohyun! Seulgi!” It was Yeri who called them, dragging Wendy behind her who gave the two girls a smile and a wave. Sooyoung followed after with a small smirk that seemed permanently fixed on her features.

“Hey!” Joohyun greeted for the two of them as the group of five girls made their way towards the three human girl’s school. Joohyun, Wendy and Yeri chatted amongst themselves as they walked ahead of Seulgi and Sooyoung, who followed with smiles on their faces.

“I get what you see in them Seulgi.” Sooyoung said to her, her tone low enough for Seulgi to head but for the three girls in front of them to remain oblivious. At the hum she got from Seulgi she continued. ”They really have a knack for making you care about them.” Seulgi notices where Sooyoung’s eyes had landed when she spoke, chuckling softly. It seems Wendy had caught her attention.

“Yeah. The really are something special.” Seulgi replied with a melancholic smile as she looked ahead of her to see Joohyun laughing with Yeri and Wendy’s antics, the sound like music to Seulgi’s ears. She wanted to protect that sound for as long as she could.

Before long the group had made their way to their destination, the students there immediately flocking to Seulgi and Sooyoung, who became somewhat flustered smiling politely at the people around them.

“Leave them alone you thirsty thots!” Yeri’s voice sounded as she scowled and grabbed Seulgi and Sooyoung’s arms pulling them towards Joohyun and Wendy. “They’re taken so buzz off.” She grumbled as a few disappointed whines came from the students before they started dispersing. Yeri soon followed, bidding her goodbyes with the two aliens, hugging Seulgi and giving a high-five to Sooyoung, before leaving. Wendy followed suit, giving a formal goodbye to Seulgi and a sheepish smile to Sooyoung who returned it with a blush matching Wendy’s. Joohyun on the other hand let out a huff and crossed her arms as she followed Wendy, leaving Seulgi looking at her with a confused expression. She chuckled when she realized that Joohyun had become jealous.

“Have a nice day Joohyun! I love you!” Seulgi called out, rather loudly, making Sooyoung and Wendy laugh and Joohyun blush furiously.

“Shut up you dumb bear!” Joohyun said with an embarrassed smile on her flushed face.

Seulgi simply replied by sending finger hearts as she was being dragged away by a cackling Sooyoung by the collar of her shirt.