XV.

Russian Roulette

"Anything interesting happened to you over the weekend?" Minho asked as he was walking her home later that day. 

SeoHyun shook her head, suppressing the one memory she'd rather want to forget. "I just went to visit the orphanage," she said quietly as she was walking uncomfortably beside him. 

"Oh.. how's YoonA then? The kids?" He asked eagerly, seein that this was a chance to strike up a conversation with her. Minho knows some small details about Seo's past, he knows about the orphanage and YoonA. It was one of the things she mentioned, when his dad told him to take care of her during her first days working in the cafe. 

Seo couldn't help but smile. She was touched that Minho still remembered them, knowing that she only mentioned the place to him only once before. "YoonA's fine, some of the kids even got adopted."

Minho nodded silently. But something else was on his mind, and he was summing up the courage to finally tell it to her. Of course it wasn't easy voicing out his thoughts, knowing that him and Seo shared that kind of character. Taking in a deep breath, he held her wrist to stop her, "You don't have to avoid me Seo," he said gently in his deep calming voice. Seo looked up, her eyes meeting his. 

Of course it was obvious how after his confession, Seo basically wanted to be out of his range of vision, even earlier, she kept denying until she finally said yes into walking her home. Of course it was the only way for them to be finally be alone. "We can still act like before Seo," he said, feeling hurt. "Nothing changed anyways, only my feelings did." 

"Mianhe," she said, dropping down her gaze. "I just feel uncomfortable you know? About the confession and everything.." 

"It's okay," he beamed, "I'm not pressing you for answers Seo, I just want you to stopped avoiding me like I'm a disease or something," he said, feigning anger.

Seo chuckled, "Okay okay, I won't anymore," she said.

If there was one thing that she was glad about, it was that Minho makes her feel relax. Even in the most awkward and tight moments, his brief and honest words always makes her feel at ease. Being with Minho was like a breeze. They were already near the gate when Seo's heart stopped. She gawked at the familiar silver car that was parked outside their house. Soon the owner of the car got out and motioned towards them.

Minho nodded curtly at him, but Seo remained motionless. Her gaze, hard as rocks pierced through JaeJoong.

"Let's talks Seo," he said awkwardly. He felt irritated as he eyes the guy standing behind her. Their close distance was somewhat very annoying in Jae's eyes. "Alone." He said, emphasizing the word. 

"No," she said firmly. She tried to leave, but Jae was about to stopped her by grabbing her hand. Knowing what he already planned, MInho reacted swiftly. "She already said no.. director," he said blocking Seo away from him. 

Jae gritted his teeth. "You're not involved in this." He said dangerously. 

"I think I kinda am, since Seo is my friend," he argued. 

"A friend..? Well in my point of view, you're overdoing it a little," he said snarkly. 

Seo knows that the tension might grow into something more if she doesn't stop it now. She was about to say something, whe someone called out her name. She looked to the side and Tiffany was looking at them curiously. But she saw how her eyes drew to someone else. 

"DIRECTOR?!" She said, pointing her finger at him. 

"FANNY?" 

---

When Seo finally sent Minho off, she didn't even turn any backward glance at Jae who was looking at her from Mrs. Hwang window. She wasn't in the mood to talk, or even argue with the man. Seeing that they were as close as strangers after what happened in the orphanage. An hour has passed when someone was knocking at the door. 

Seo ignored it, already guessing who it was. 

"It's Fanny," the visitor called out. "Jae's not with me, so open up Seo." 

Seo quickly got down from her bedroom and finally opened the door. She smiled at her friend. 

"I thought you would never open up," she said as she entered her house. Seo disappeared into the kitchen and came back to the living room with a cup of tea in hand. 

"You've quite improved the place," she praised, remembering how dull and lifeless it was before Seo came. 

"Thanks unni," she said as she sat down next to her. "What bring you here?"

"We need to plan for umma's birthday this weekend," she said. 

"Omo, I almost forgot," she bit her lip, looking apologetic. "Where will we start then unni?"

"How 'bout you start explaining how I found my boss in front of our house?" She said curiously with her arms crossed and her eyebrow raised. 

Seo fidgeted in her sit. "It's kinda complicated.." 

Fanny laughed. "The already filled me in and in my point of view what he did was seriously stupid." She said smugly as she took another sip. 

Seo just heaved a sigh, as much as possible, she just wants to forget everything that happened at day, or rather just forget JaeJoong completely. 

"JaeJoong-ssi can be a jerk, but this is one of the rare cases when he realized what a jerk he really is," she chuckled darkly. 

"Are you implying on something?" She said. 

"Yes, give him a chance." She said frankly. 

"Bwo?" She said almost spilling her drink. "Why? You already admitted what a jerk he really is and now.." 

"JaeJoong.. hmm.. he has this complicated history with women," she started, "Believe me I know. I've chased at least a hundred of them," she said as Seo looked at her curiously. "And he has this problem of expressing his feelings in a way he wanted to. But one thing I know about Jae is he's serious about someone, he's sincere and honest." 

"Hmm, I don't know Fanny, it's hard you and.." 

"Yong's still the one?" She asked and the younger woman nodded. "You know I wondered by you haven't told him about Yong, but I figured you have your own reasons. But sooner or later he's going to find out and I don't think he'd be that happy." 

"Hmmm.." She didn't answer, knowing how right Fanny is with her words. 

"Give it some time and think about it more ne?" 

---

I've already conceptualized my next chapter 

and Im telling you it's going to be... ;)

Hope you enjoyed reading.