XLIV.

Russian Roulette

In just a day, Jae's chic living room turned into a police headquarters. His black and white furnitures were shoved into a corner and was replaced by televisions, computers, telephones, and all unknown devices used by the police. Jae had to wasted a whole night, before finally calling them in. He knows to himself that he needed people who has more experienced on this area, in searching for his girlfriend. He already told his friends, and the four men is on go, using all of their connections in finding SeoHyun. 

But three days passed, and his faith in the polices is gradually decreasing. They still don't have any leads, nor evidences about the kidnapping. Even his friends' connections couldn't give them anything to use to go to the next level. 

Just like any other morning, he was sitting in the kitchen, staring intently at the men in their blue uniforms. Just like always, they've been typing madly on their computers, some reading folders, and some watching something like a recording of a surveillance camera. 

His phone rang, and Jae didn't notice it, until on the fourth ring. He answered the call without even looking at the screen. 

"Hmm?" 

"JaeJoong-ah, it' Yunho." Yunho continued his speech, when Jae remained silent from the other line. "How's everything there?" 

"Same as always," his voice deadpan. "They still haven't found anything. The police already interviewed Fanny and the others. As of now they are still watching the surveillance recording from that time." 

"So did they found the man who kidnapped her then?" 

"They did, but they can't find any traces of him." As of now, JaeJoong just felt hopeless. His plan was backfiring, and the kidnappers still haven't contact him or anything. He was basically going ballistic, not knowing what to do. "It' hard Yunho. I don't know what to do. It's been three days and I still haven't got a clue where she is." 

Yunho was actually the first person that JaeJoong called after calling the police. That phone conversation they had, was probably the most emotional one, since he could just hear the voice of his friend, broken and hurt. He knows that Jae was probably in deep anxiety, that he ended up crying to him that night. He felt sorry for his friend, he felt sorry that he was going through this, and none of them was with him. Yoochun and Changmin had to be in another country for their family business. And knowing the person Jae was, he was sure that his friend still haven't told his father about this. "Don't be. We're going to find her JaeJoong. Don't lose hope." 

"I'm going crazy over here Yunho. Every night I dream of her and every night I'm haunted by her screams. I'm scared what hell they've already put her through." 

"JaeJoong, I promise you, we will find her. Just have faith okay? The polices know what they are doing. Calm down, and be patient. Don't worry dude." 

Jae remained silent. He tears dangerously close from falling again. 

"I have to run. Call you later dude." 

"Okay," he weakly answered and hung up the phone. 

His blank stare went back to the polices. Right now, his faith needs to hold on to them a little tighter. Only they could help him find the girl whose haunting screams that keeps invading his sleeps. 

---

Jessica's phone rang in the middle of the important meeting later that afternoon. She looked at her screen and it was her mother calling. She immediately rejected the call thinking that it may some stupid emergency again. 

As soon as she was out the door, she speed dialled her mother and waited for her to pick up. 

"Oh, eomonni? What's wrong?" 

"I have a surprise to you my darling." 

"Eh? What?" 

"I won't tell. Jessica, darling, I'm going to let someone pick you up later." 

"Okay..?" 

"Okay, I have to go, this old stinking fart wants me to accompany him somewhere," she said in such disgrace. 

"Okay umma. Bye," she said before hanging up the phone. 

She wasn't much of a fan of surprises, nor was her mother. So it made her really curious what's the hype was all about. But she didn't let the thpught bother her when she went back to her office. 

---

It was dark when a black shiny car parked in front of the building. A man in a clean tuxedo came out and directly walked towards her. He asked if she was Jessica, and told her that he was the one her mother sent to fetch. Feeling weird and curious, Jessica followed the man in the car. She didn't ask the man where they were going, nor for his name. She remained seated on the backseat, her heart beating out of her chest. 

She had a chance to look outside, and they were going to an unknown neighborhood. It was full of old warehouse, and shabby houses. Whatever her mother was planning, Jessica thinks that she was nuts. 

The car stopped, in front of a big metal warehouse. She looked at the place, and she could only see two identical black cars. The man opened her door and offered his hand. 

Jessica looked at him, wide-eyed, feeling hesitant. "Where are we? Where are you taking me?" 

"To you mother, agasshi," he said politely. 

She was still hesistant, but in the end, Jessica went out of the car, swatting the man's hand, and waited for him to lead the way. She was walking silently, not comprehending on what was happening. She was very much hoping that his mother would already come out. 

She was already inside, when she hear her steps being harmonize with same clicking sound of high heels. Behind the dark, her mother came out in a black dress, and a faux fur scarf. She was giving Jessica a warm smile. 

"Good evening darling," she greeted her gently. 

"Umma, what's this? What's happening?" She asked nervously. 

"Prepare darling, for my wonderful surprise," she said and then she snapped her fingers. The lights immediately . Jessica searched the place and she could not see anything, not until she walked towards her mother. She saw a woman, dressed in the remains, of her white dress. She was tied down to the chair and her head hung low. Her dress was tattered. Jessica could make out black and blue bruises on her arms and legs. 

"Umma?! Who is she?! What have you done?!" She said to her mother. She was about to run to the stranger when her mother grabbed her arm. 

"SeoHyun.. darling," her voice turned into a sweet poisonous voice. 

Jessica didn't know what to do. The woman's head turned to their direction slowly, and out of her unkept hair, she could make out her enemy's face. "SeoHyun," she mouthed as soon as she meet her eyes. But the other woman's eyes were not in her direction, instead her surprised expression was locked with her mother's. 

"Hara-ssi," she said.

"Correct my darling, long time no see," she greeted, like what any mother would be. 

---

Finally I updated. 

To all of my dear readers, forgive me if it took this long for me to write another chapter. 

I've been soooo busy with school. 

I'm really sorry. 

P.S For those who can't remember Hara, she's YongHwa's stepmother.