XXXIV.

Russian Roulette

It was getting close to dusk, when Seo started to get back from her consciousness. Though she was still feeling a bit wheezy, she started stirring from her sit, trying to stand up. She tried to feel her face, but then she Seo realized that she was tightly tied to her chair, and so as her ankles. She opened her eyes, and recognized that the blindfold was still on. Then fear swiftly crawled her body. She kept thinking that today might be her last. That she might go over to wherever without even seeing JaeJoong for the last time. 

JaeJoong..

As soon as the man's image was stuck in her head, Seo felt her tears pooling on the surface. 

"Wakey wakey," someone whispered on her right ear. She could feel the hair on her arm standing, as she suffered both surprised and fear from what the person did. 

Seo trembled. "Please, please, don't kill me," she said weakly, as if her fear just in whatever life she had earlier. 

Thinking that the person might be at least merciful, instead the person laughed. She laughed to wickedly, that Seo could do nothing, but hope that somewhere, someone might come and rescue her. The laughter went on, and Seo felt that the person was slowly coming close to her. She heard the person stopped behind her. Does this person just find such joy in seeing her terrified?

But the next thing the person was very unexpected that, her vision was slowly coming back. The blindfold fell on her lap, and the light from the ceiling glared her eyes. Seo took a few seconds to finally adjust, and when she looked in front of her, she saw a mirror reflecting Tiffany's laughing face. 

"UNNIE?!" She yelled out of surprise. The feeling of fear was quickly being replaced by relief as Seo watched her friend trying so hard to control her laughter.

"You should've seen yourself. Your reaction was priceless," Fanny chortled as she rolled on the bed.

Seo gritted her teeth. The tears she was holding earlier was starting to fall. "Get me out of here," she cried her amused friend. "NOW!" She exclaimed when she Seo saw that Tiffany wasn't making any move.

"Geez! Tone it down a bit," she said as she stood up to loosen the knots. "YAH! Don't you mess my hardwork," she scolded her, as she damp wiped her eyes with a dry cloth.

Seo looked at her curiously, but Fanny only turned Seo's face to the mirror. Finally, Seo saw what Fanny did for the hour and a half that she was out cold. Her hair was done into soft brunette curls. Her eyes were emphasized with eyeliner. Her lids were also painted with a peach-colored eyeshadow. Just like her lips, it was also peach, coated with lipgloss. Lastly the apple of her cheeks glowed, with the help of just a hint of pink blush. 

"You did this?" Seo asked, she she brought her hand on her cheeks. She saw that her nails were even painted as the same light color as her eyes. "And even my nails," she said as she examined both of her hands. 

"Well duh!" Fanny answered, feeling that it was the most obvious thing in the world. Seo silently glanced back at Fanny, her eyes questioning her for the reason behind it. 

Fanny heaved a sigh, and popped on the edge of the bed. "It was supposed to be a surprise, but it seemed like what we did was a little too much. You were shaking like crazy Seo," she explained. 

She glared at Fanny, "Who wouldn't anyways?! You just kidnapped me!" 

Fanny covered her ears. "YAH! Don't get angry at me, it was Yoochun's brilliant idea," she said acerbically. "Anyways, you need to change Seo, or we're going to be late." 

Seo shook her head, defying what her friend said. "I don't want to." 

Fanny clapped her palms together, "Please Seo, I'm begging you or else Jae-" 

"This was JaeJoong's idea?" 

"Shoot!" Fanny bit her lip. "Pretend I didn't say that," she said as she grabbed Seo and placed her in front of the dresser. 

"But, I thought he was angry and.." Seo felt confused. Ever since last night she haven't even heard from him, and to hear what her friend said, she felt both unconvinced and happy. 

"Angry?! I don't think that's what he looked like when I talked to him earlier," Fanny saw that Seo was about to asked again, so immediately she opened the dresser and took out the dress that Seo was going to wear. She needed to at least distract her as much as possible or else her loose mouth will spoil all of her boss' hardwork. "Here wear this." 

Seo looked at the dressed, and it was an breezy indigo blue tube maxi dress. 

"C'mon, we're going to be late," she rushed Seo. Seo untied the knot of her robe, and when she was about to take it out, the door immediately opened. 

"YAH! We're going to be late Fanny!" Yoochun yelled, and both the ladies yelped. Yoochun saw Seo's frightening look, with her arms crossed on her chest, but he's body was about to be mangled into pieces when Fanny looked at him angrily as she cracked knuckles. 

"As far as I'm concerned, even rich guys should know how to knock," she snarled at a shivering Yoochun. 

"Tiffany, I'm sorry," he said weakly, but his begging was useless, when Tiffany grabbed his ears and pulled her outside. She was about to close the door, but peered with the last look to Seo, "Just get dress ne? Call me when you're done."

"Ne," she said, and behind the door, Seo could her Yoochun's plead for mercy. 

Her eyes glimpsed at the view from the window. Her thought flying to the man she was about to meet in a matter of minutes. 

---

It was getting close to seven when Seo finally finished getting ready. She had the dress paired with the brown flats and long white necklace that was laid out for her. She opened the door and she saw all of Jae's friends and Tiffany all smiling at her. Beside her was Jongyun who was smiling widely. Even Eunjung was there. 

"Hey SeoHyun, remember me?" Junsu was the first one who greeted her who kissed her on the cheek. Eunjung smiling at her who was peering behind Junsu. 

"You look lovely Seo," Changmin said giving her his unique boyish smile. 

"Thanks Changmin." 

Yunho just winked at her, and SeoHyun couldn't helped but blush. 

"Hey, sorry for earlier," Yoochun said and Seo just gave her a reassuring smile. 

"Ms. Seo," JongHyun nodded and gave her his puppy-dog eye smile. 

"Okay, you're late," Fanny said, who was fussing over beside her. "You also need this again," she said, showing her the blindfold they used earlier. 

Seo frowned, but obliged to what Fanny told her. She needed to anyways, if this was JaeJoong's idea, I'm sure he wanted everything to be perfectly followed. 

"Don't worry, I'll hold you," a deep gently voice said, which only belonged to Yunho. 

"Thanks," she said, as Yunho lead her down the hall and inside the elevator. 

She could feel her heart racing. Her veins undeniably excited, but it wasn't because of the surprise, purely because the day turned out to be oddly good, and also because she was going to see JaeJoong. But her anticipation was briefly cut when she remembered the last time they saw each other. She felt sad. She didn't even know how to face Jae, let alone explain the way he treated him. 

Was this surprise the last time she'd ever saw him?

"Yunho-ssi?" she said feebly, "Is he mad?" 

"Who? JaeJoong?" Yunho looked at her curiously, but he realized that he couldn't see the woman's expression since her eyes were covered. 

Seo nodded. 

"What made you think that?" 

Seo grimaced, and started fondling her fingers. She wasn't sure, if she can share her thoughts to Yunho. though he helped her once about JaeJoong, she was feeling embarrassed to voice out the things she did. 

"You can tell me Seo, whatever it is," he said soothingly. Actually, Yunho doesn't want Seo to know, but last night, Jae asked him out. Throught out the night, Jae confessed all of this thoughts, and even told how he acted like a jerk towards Seo. He already knows Jae's attitude on reacting rashly on things and his shortcoming for his tempers. Seeing that the woman chosed to be silent, Yunho didn't probe anymore and just decided to answer her first question. "JaeJoong isn't mad." 

"Jinja?" 

Yunho heard the slightly changed of mood in her voice. "Yes." 

When the elevator opened, he held her hand again, and led her outside the hotel. They walked silently towards the pool. Seo sensed that they were already outside as soon as she heard the splash of water and the sudden cold gush of the wind. She didn't ask Yunho where they were going, since it was already futile, and Seo already had a slight guess where they were heading.

Yunho stopped at the edge, just a few centimeters from touching the sand. He let go of Seo and untied the blindfold. 

Seo's vision was back and she could see the sun that was about to set. The colors of the sky, give a good mix of yellow, oranges and a slight dash of pink. She looked around and they were near the beach. She looked to her side and Yunho was smiling at her. 

"He's there," he pointed at a place on the shore, which was cleary surrounded with a lot of light. "Once advice," he said, sincerely looking at Seo brown orbs. "Remember to be honest. Tell him all your thoughts." 

Understanding what he clearly meant, Seo nodded and started walking towards the shore. Never caring about anything, and just hasten her pace as she was getting near to her beloved. Seo kept thinking that this was the one chance she had to open up more to Jae, to apologize. She tried to ready herself about whatever, but instead her heart couldn't contain her joy, as she was just a few steps away from him. 

---

Watch out for the next chapter ;)