XXIX.

Russian Roulette

Within the past few days, their lives went back to their ordinary routine. Both Seo and Jae went back to work. Again, Jae became unreachable for days, since his work piled up, now that their company is expanding in different sides of the world. Right now the only thing that connects them is through late night calls and a few texts. The disastrous dinner they had was the last time they saw each other. And that night came back to her in a second, when the CEO, decided to have a surprise visit to their cafe. 

Just like his son, Youngbae asked for Seo as soon as he was done talking with Manager Choi. While Seo was nevously holding her cup betwee her trembling hands, Youngbae remained motionless in his seat. He was unaware of the lady who was getting antsy with his expressionless face and blank stare. She was sweating bullets, and her heart was thumping like crazy because of the tesion rising from the silent atmosphere. The coffee she brought earlier for him, still remained untouched, and her eyes were just unusually fixated on the cup's handle. 

He cleared his throat, which brought immediately her attention back to him. "So, SeoHyun-ssi, I didn't know you work here?" He asked in his raspy voice. 

She looked at his cold eyes through his frameless glasses. The similarities between his eyes and Jae's made Seo became out of focus, that the elder man had to clear his throat again for her to answer. "Ah, mianhe," she said dropping her gaze. 

He didn't answer. He adjusted his glasses, and went back to the conversation. His voice, held seriousness as he spoke. "SeoHyun, I know you're a decent girl.." but his words became unheard, as soon as Seo had become temporarily deft. The anxiety she was feeling tuned out all the sound coming out from his mouth. Instead he head was filled with negative thoughts. She was picturing herself, being dragged away from JaeJoong, just like how Jandi was being sadly separated from Jun Pyo. Her heart cringed with her imagination, that her hands slammed the table, causing the old man to stood a little from his seat. 

"I won't break up with him," she said bravely. Her voice a little too loud than usual. Her eyes locked with Youngbae. "I love him ..sir, so I won't break up with him."

"I know." His stern voice hurriedly change into a more gentler one. Because unknown to Seo, he heard what his son said inside the piano room. It was his first time to see him, bravely sacrifice and leave all of this behind for her. With that, it made him wonder that maybe, just maybe both of them were serious about each other. Maybe the young innocent lady held somthing special that only his son could see. 

Seo glanced at the him, and his lips curved into a small smile. Seo was just staring at him, feeling confused by his sudden reaction. She was actually waiting for him to through a fit, a threat, harsh words that will tell her to leave his precious son alone. But the sudden change didn't last long. "But let me ask you this.. are you prepared?"

"Bwo?" Her eyebrows cocked to the side as she was getting more perplexed with Youngbae's words.

His eyes never left hers are he cleared his throat. She caught a glimmer from his glasses as he adjusted them in the middle. "Are you prepared for those countless days that you might not get to spend with him? Months when he'll be in far countries? For cold nights that he wouldn't be there? For dates often cancelled?" 

Seo remained silent. She froze then there, in front of the intimidating look Youngbae. Well was she? Was she prepared for all of that? Frankly, she never even thought of it. The idead just came when he suddenly brought it up. Now that he was asking her all of this, reality of dating Kim JaeJoong became a little less bleak, a little out of the fairytale idea that she was getting off. 

Youngbae continues with his blunt words. "Well obviously, you're not just dating some guy SeoHyun-ssi. He's a eligible bachelor, and his charisma is off the charts. He's been linked with a lot of celebrities and elites. Are you ready to face all of the rumors regarding about him? Are you able to trust him? Love him with all of your heart?"

The continous firing of his countless questions were getting out of head, that Seo felt a little dizzy for a moment. She tried to take them all in, finding the right words, the right answers, for all of these. Was she ready? For all of that? Was she prepared to be in inside his world? She relaxed herself, and looked at the old man with sincerity in her eyes. 

"I don't know," she said honestly. "I can't promise you anything, but I know, I'll try my best to stay with him no matter what. I know I'm still new in his world, and countless pressure might be put on me, but I know I love him, and I'll stay with him, whatever it takes sir." She bowed, preparing to take a leave. She wasn't sure if she can still hold a conversation after what she just said. She felt a bit stupid for putting up a brave face and answering his boyfriend's father. 

"Why do you love him?" 

His sudden question struck her. It was one question that was bugging her ever since her feelings for him started to change. Before she couldn't answer it. She kept telling herself that it might be the fact that Jae was becoming fun to be around that her depression was starting to go away, but when he pulled away, she then realized how much she really likes the guy. 

She turned, and looked at the old man. "It's because he's strong. He'd been through a lot, and he can still smile and laugh today. Even though he had a complicated past, he bravely gave his heart a chance to find love. He's warm and very loving, though he can be childish and short tempred at times. You're lucky to have a son like him ahjussi," she smiled with the last sentence and bowed to the man. With his silence Seo left and went back inside. 

The old man smiled, I think JaeJoong is lucky to have you too. 

---

Sorry for the short update. 

SeoJae moment on the next chapter.

I swear :)

Hugsssss and kisses ;)