III.

Russian Roulette

JaeJoong felt the sun streaming in his bedroom window and rolled over, burying his head in a smooshy pillow. He felt for a nearby pillow to have a better cover against the glaring rays of the sun. He immediately turned to his side, and his back now facing the window. But his bliss ended when the pillow he had was pulled away from him. 

"Mmbfdjjdfds.." he grumbled. He started to get pissed, and whoever it was who woke him up would be in so much trouble. 

"Director you need to get back to work," the familiar voice said politely. 

Ignoring the person, he grunted, and buried his face on the pillows, trying to get back to his sleep. Work? Tch, after the two weeks he had, he still wasn't ready to face the world, Jessica, let alone work. He wasn't in the right condition nor in the right mind to do anything. For the last two weeks all he ever did was go out, some girls, and drink alcohol like water just to numb himself down from the hurt his ex put him through. 

Tiffany raised her eyebrows in annoyance, You're a 27-year-old second generation chaebol, but you still act like a poor little kid after a heartbreak. What a weakling you are director!

She grabbed hold of his hand, to pull him out of bed, but instead, the opposite happened, JaeJoong grabbed hold of her and pulled her on his bed. He quickly locked his arm and leg across her body, restraining her to move. 

"You're so soft Fanny," he said so lovingly as he his thumb on her cheek. 

"Do that again and I will cut your balls out. I wouldn't care if your crazy fangirls will stake me to death," Tiffany threatened so dangerously, so before he'll die missing one appendage, he immediately let  her go. Tiffany may have been the type that always puts up with his flirting, but once she threats using her serious voice, JaeJoong knows that his secretary was dead one with the warning she gave. He knows it a lot that he experienced it once, and he was so cautious never to do it again. 

When JaeJoong was in deep thought, Tiffany took the chance to flipped him over. She immediately sat on his tummy, locking her thighs on his legs, and firmly grabbed his hands and placed it on either sides. Astounded by his secretary, JaeJoong had to open his eyes, and stared at her unhappy face. He tried to wriggled out of her, but instead she continued to sat stubbornly on him, never even moving when she saw how much his boss was suffering under her. Her face remained apathetic which annoyed JaeJoong more. Seeing how futile his moves were, he limply laid there, waiting for the dreaded talk what he was avoiding for the last two weeks. 

"What do you want Fanny?" he asked, his voice strained with the energy he used earlier and the fact that he hasn't eaten a decent meal for the last few weeks. 

"What I want? What I want director is for you to come back to work!" She said, demanding. She tighten her hold, almost crushing her boss' pretty fingers. 

He cringed out of pain. Tiffany Hwang may be your everyday idol-like secretary, but behind that pretty face of hers is a black belter and a master in Hapkido. "Stop Tiffany," he begged, before his fingers may lessen to none. 

She complied with what he said, but she still held him firmly. 

"Why do you even want me to come back? Isn't this good news for you? An absent boss means you have a whole day stree-free weeks." 

Tiffany glowered at him, and her lips pulled together, "YAH! Look director, you hired me to be your secretary because I thought I had the qualities to become one, and because I know I fit the job. I didn't enter this business just so I can waste my time slacking off just like my boss," she snapped. Though deep inside, Tiffany also had another reason why she came over. It was because after two weeks of not seeing him, she was so worried, that this morning she woke up thinking that maybe he already committed suicide. She felt a heavy feeling of relief when she saw her boss sprawled across his bed, with his pulse still beating so fast. She may only be his secretary, but for her, JaeJoong is also one of her dearest friends. I mean next to Jessica, Tiffany is also one of the longest female person he has in contact with. 

"I don't want to go to work, and please just let me go already," JaeJoong pleaded, as he tried to break free. 

Tiffany gritted her teeth, "YAH! YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A DIRECTOR! ARE YOU REALLY A MAN?! EVERYDAY YOU GO AROUND TELLING HOW HANDSOME AND GREAT YOU ARE BUT AS SOON AS YOU EXPERIENCE HEARTBREAK YOU SUDDENLY CAVED IN INSIDE YOUR ROOM LIKE A SCARED LITTLE PUPPY! YOU SISSY! GAESAKIIIIII!" Tiffany screamed so hard, that she didn't even realize that her hold on him was getting tighter. The worry she had for the last two weeks suddenly exploded in his face. Tiffany has this one of a kind attitude that whenever someone is down, instead of giving comfort, she provoked them more. She tells them their flaws and mistakes. Instead of those warm words, she gives them honest cruel ones, thinking that with this they might actually recover from the pain faster. 

JaeJoong was dead angry now, that his eyes pierced through Fanny's, if looks could kill, she would be dead in seconds. "YAH YOU ! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I CAN FIRE YOU IN AN INSTANT AND YOU KNOW THAT!!!" He said so furiously that he put all his strenght in pushing her away from him. He didn't even care that he was already putting Tiffany in pain. As soon as she moved out of the way, JaeJoong quickly stood up and pushed Tiffany on his bed. 

"You chicken ! Just because of a girl you immediately think that's it's the end of your world. HOW WEAK DIRECTOR!" She said angrily. 

But no matter how angry JaeJoong was, he tried to pull himself together. He tried to calm himself down before he may put a hand on Tiffany's pretty face. "Maybe I am weak." He admitted ever so timidly, that Tiffany was surprised to see his boss act this way. "But understand me Fanny.. Jessica's the first girl I ever gave my heart to. She was the first girl that made me stop being the player that I am. And experiencing this pain.. I think it's karma you know? For all the things I did for the past girls I played with," he said so sadly, that Tiffany could see the hurt on his eyes. 

She knew. For the two years she worked for him, she saw the parade of women he played with, but she felt that Jessica was different. She saw how slowly her boss transformed. She saw the serious side he had when it comes to his relationships, and she also knows the feeling of having their first heartbreak. She watched her boss, as he sat against a wall, burrying his face on his palms. 

She walked towards where he was and sat beside him. "Maybe it is karma," she started and heard JaeJoong groaned. She chuckled, "Look I ain't gonna lie. I saw how you treated women like toys, and maybe now this is the sad punishment you had for the crap you did. And I know how it feels like to have your heartbroken," JaeJoong looked at her, his eyebrows raised, which earned him a laughed, "Believe me I do.. but know what? It was only your first, get back out there director, love will always find its way to you.. and Jessica.. maybe she just wasn't the right one." 

He frowned, he felt sad that the 18 months relationship he had with his first OFFICIAL girlfriend was flushed down the drain just like last night's Scotch. Tiffany saw his reaction and lightly punched him on the shoulder, "Lighten up pabool!" 

"Tsss," he made a sound as he rubbed the place where she punched.

Then his door opened and looked at the stranger that came in unannounced. "Bad timing?" Changmin said, confused as he stared at his hyung and his secretary. 

Tiffany shook her head, and JaeJoong stood up. He held his hand and helped Tiffany to stand. She bowed at the both of them and before leaving she gave JaeJoong a last look, "See you at work on Wednesday!" She said firmly and left the two males. 

"Hyung! What was that about? And what was she doing here?" Changmin asked curiously. 

"Cheering party," he answered lazily and went back to bed. 

"Jinja? Cute! I wish I can have a secretary like her.. yo hyung! How but I borrow Fanny for a month?" He said happily. 

"No way. She's mine!" He said and stuck out his tongue. JaeJoong knows how Changmin was so interested with Tiffany, but of course, JaeJoong felt so highly protective of her.. like she was this little sister that he needed to protect all the time, even if she stubbornly object in his actions. 

"Tsss! How stingy," he said scorned, "Anyways, hyung me and the guys are going out later, wanna hang out?" 

"NO." JaeJoong wasn't in the mood, he already drowned himself in alcohol in the last two weeks, and he felt like he was going to vomit again just with the mention of alcohol. He shook his disgust. 

"Party pooper! C'mon hyung, you need to show the world what Jessica was missing this whole time!" He chortled happily, trying to cheer him up. He went to his bed and pulled his arm, locking it in between his legs. "Come or I'll break your arm off!" He warned. 

Feeling that the pain will intensify more if he resist, he finally gave up. "ARASSO! LET GO OF ME YOU BEAST!" He yelled. 

Changmin laughed, "Good! See you at 11!" He said cheerily and left JaeJoong. 

Now he had the whole day to get some rest for ater. "My cheering party uses a lot of violence," he commented to himself as he remembered what both his visitors did to him. His eyes quickly drifted to sleep, thinking about events for the next hours.