XXXVIII.

Russian Roulette

The foggy calm morning, upon the grassy meadow, brought a slight chill on her skin. She couldn't here any sound, apart from the movement of the wind and the quite tweeting of birds that she couldn't see. She stood firmly on the ground, her eyes looking for any sign of someone else, something else that is with her. She looked down, and she saw the paleness of her foot become more obvious against the mixture of the green and brown colors of the meadow. She moved her toes and she felt the soil texture much softer than what she was used too. 

Her eyes looked up and she saw the fog getting thicker, and the place, becoming more mysterious than before. She wanted to run away, but she remained glued from where she stood. She was getting more scared, since the fog was getting more nearer. Then out of nowhere, she felt a cold feeling on the palms of her hand. She glanced at her side. She couldn't grasped what was happening, as she was staring at the familiar eyes of Mrs. Hwang. She gave Seo a smile, and her hold went tighter on her hand. 

The lady was wearing a flowly white dress, and her gray and black hair was down. She looked healthier than ever, a far cry from the last time she saw her. Even if Seo was looking at her curiously, the lady remained smiling, not seeming to want to talk, or explain to Seo. 

Then another cold sensation was then felt on her other hand, and she looked up and saw YongHwa grinning at her. Though she doesn't know it, she was tearlessly sobbing as she stared at her deceased fiance face. "YongHwa," she whispered tenderly. Staring at him now, with his his hand intertwined with hers, she didn't now how much she truly missed him, until now. She was truly yearning for him now, to take her wherever, just as long as they were together. 

"SeoHyun," he mouthed.

Then the fog was drawing nearer. Seo felt like, the two people were leading her to somewhere far off deep inside the fog. She was about to reject, when Yong said, "Come be with me Seo. I'll erase the pain." 

The pain? Tha pain the she had been leaving with before came back to haunt her. This time, Seo wanted to run away she would anything just to she could escape from everything. She confidently nodded at Yong, and the three of them ran away inside the thick haunting fog. 

---

Seo's eyes slowly open and she was surprised to see her familiar off-white ceiling staring down at her. She couldn't help but feel very thwarted for not being able to see where they were going. She felt sad that her dream rather ended so fast that it took no time for her pain to resurfaced again. Her eyes started to cry. Her tears eventually wet her cheeks, and mark her pillows. 

"Why? Why didn't you just take me?" She whispered miserably, as the dream started to come back to her again. "Mrs. Hwang.. YongHwa, please, just take me with you," she cried. 

SeoHyun lingered on her bed. She was unable to control her tears. She felt wretched, because no matter what she does, no matter how she let herself ran dry, the pain will never leave her. It was getting harder to numb the pain. 

The big hollow hole inisde her, stinged everyday as she recollects all the things that happened. "It's too much."

She lifelessly hoisted herself up from her bed. She dragged herself in front of her drawers, and frantically started searching for something. She started to throw everything in place as she tried to see what she was looking for. The woman finally stopped when she saw something glinting on the corner of her drawer. Her body trembled as she picked it up. The thing felt cold against her fingers, making it both inviting and deadly at the same time. 

The dark thought that was gradually formulating inside of her, blinded her, from thinking that it was the answer for her problems. SeoHyun kept thinking that she was alone, that nobody was here for her. 

Yong's forever gone. 

Minho despises her. 

Yong's family thinks she's a traitor

.. and Mrs. Hwang left her. 

All of it she couldn't face anymore. She wanted to just escape everything else and live peacefully. She slowly put the blade near to her forearm, carefully positioning it on her wrist. In a moment, she saw the dark blue color of her vein, as it pulsed under her pale white skin. Slowly she moved the blade. The pain she was infilicting now was completely uncomparable to the pain she was feeling for the past week. She didn't stop until she saw the bright red color color of her blood appear, staining her clear skin. Bit by bit, she moved to her bed. She lied comfortably. Her eyes closed and her hand placed on her abdomen. 

"YongHwa.. Mrs. Hwang. Wait for me," she whispered peacefully.