XXXVII.

Russian Roulette

"Is she okay?" Sunny mouthed at YoonA as she saw them lounging on the couch. YoonA was only sitting beside her, while Seo's back was facing the other two. YoonA only answered the blondie with a shake followed with a silent frowning of her lips. While the other two was conversing, they were trying to bring in Seo in the conversation, but Seo just remained silent. She was rather unattentive to the two of them, instead she was only giving a vacant stare averted through her glass door. 

The mixture of salmon, pink and oranges, brought a lot of colors to the clear sky, as the sun was going down, but the beauty of the scenery never influenced Seo's mood. It's been a week since Mrs. Hwang died, and the memory is still fresh in her head. The memory that gives her sleepless nights and endless tears. 

Seo was dripping wet when she was rushing inside the hospital. She didn't even give a damn about the heavy rain, as she ran outside the party and hurriedly went to the hospital. She froze a few feet away from the familiar places, waiting gloomily outside the ER. The first one she saw was Tiffany, who had her face tear-stricken. Her eyes swollen and red. Next to her were her two sisters who are crying aorund their husbands arms. While the two other men, Minho and Manager Choi, were sitted on the white bench, looking gloomy as ever. 

"Fany what happened?" Seo asked worriedly as she grabbed her friend's shoulders. Her friend remained hushed, and just buried her face on her palms. Her stillness only brought more worry to Seo, and the bad feeling is hurriedly rushing through her skin. She turned to the two men, and tried to asked them the same question, but just like Tiffany, they didn't answer. 

A few minutes passed, and finally the doctor bursted between the white double door. Tiffany was the first one who approached him, and the other huddled around him. 

"I'm sorry miss. We did everything we could but.." he said, and he didn't even have the chance to complete his sentence, since his words, became like a bomb, that damged the thread of hope they have. His words, can only mean on thing.. Mrs. Hwang was dead.

Tiffany became frozen. She was only hugging herself close, and didn't even utter a worried. Her sisters were crying hysterically with their husbands and Minho and his dad only became silent as they both buried theirselves in their palms as they tried to cover up their tears. Seo was the only one who exploded and stauntered towards the doctor. 

"NO!" She said firmly. Her hot angry tears, running down her face. "NO! She isn't dead! You didn't try hard enough! GO BACK INSIDE!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry miss," the doctor said sadly. "Her heart was already at risk after her first attack. Her condition only got worse when she went back to working again," the doctor explained to the lady who was violently pushing him back inside. "Please miss, I know it hurts, but we can't bring her back." 

But Seo only became stubborn and continued pushing him back. Then a strong hold was locked around her waist. Thinking that it was probably either Minho or his dad, Seo tried to loss herself free. She was surprised when it was Jae's husky voice that spoke, "Jagi calm down." Seo stopped and turned to face her lover. "Jae.. the doctor he kept lying about Mrs. Hwang being dead. Tell him. Order him to go back inside." 

Jae didn't answer, and just hugged her close. He silently signaled the doctor to leave, and the man gave him an apologetic look before going back inside. "Jagi.. I'm sorry, but she is gone. I went and checked earlier." 

Seo only shook her head, "No she can't be.. Mrs Hwang is.." she paused, she didn't even know what to say next. "I was still talking to her this morning," she argued to her lover, who was only looking at her sadly and hugging her close lovingly. 

"She's gone Seo," he said, and the truth just dropped down on her. If it wasn't for Jae's hold, she could've already collapsed on the floor, and curled herself and cried. Through the night, only Jae's soothing words, and tender hugs that protected her from the pain. The man stayed with her until the day they finally buried Mrs. Hwang's body. 

---

The day was already ending, when YoonA and Sunny were still worriedly hovering over Seo. They both felt sorry for her friend, for going through another death, just a few months after Yong. They know how much she was hurting so much inside, that she reverted back to her lifeless old self. 

"Jae called eariler," YoonA said, trying to at least speak with her, just so she could get any emotions from her. "Want to call him back?" 

The rare times that Seo answers the two, is when the question involves her lover. "Maybe later," she answered dully, and she could here YoonA typing away, probably texting Jae. "I'm want to sleep." 

"Want me to go with you?" YoonA asked. 

Seo felt irritated, since the question only made her feel like small, like a little girl afraid of monsters, but for SeoHyun, there are other things she was more afraid of. She didn't show her annoyance, but instead she shook her head and retreated up to her bedroom.

She climbed on bed, and curled to her side. She close her eyes. Rather than trying to sleep, her heads were bothered with all the memories she could remember about the old lady. Her eyes immediately pooled tears, as soon as she remembered the way the old lady acted like a mother to her. 

During her first few months after Yong's death, it was Mrs. Hwang who was the only one, who closely understands her feelings, since both her and the old lady lost the same thing. She remembered what the old lady use to tell her.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory that no one can steal.  

Her advice only made Seo stronger, thinking that her memories of YongHwa, would always give her strength no matter what. After that, she faced life with a better thought, and a better feeling. But right now, the lady couldn't even find any strenght in herself to move on again. How could I Mrs. Hwang when you're already gone?

Then her phone rang, she stretched her hand to the bedside table and grabbed her phone. 

"Yoboseyo?" 

"Hmm, jagi. How are you feeling?" 

"Still the same." EXTREMLY SAD. 

"What were you doing?" Jae asked. 

"Trying to sleep," Seo said, as she shifted to her old position. "But I couldn't." 

"Want me to sing for you?" 

"Mmmh." 

"Okay, I'll apologize if my voice isn't great," he said and Jae took a deep breath. He was already stuck in China for a whole week now. No matter how much his appa adores Seo, for him work still comes first. So he left his grieving girlfriend at Seoul, and Jae just feels like the worst boyfriend in the face of the Earth. His husly voice turned into a more fluid and soft tone as he started his song. 

Even that time when the wind stays
its not enough for me. I smile one more time and give my final greeting:
i love you.

Seo's inside turned warm, and relaxed as he listened to his song. This was the first time Jae sang for her, and oddly, this time felt the most comforting for her after a week of tears and sadness. 

I am tired now and love hurts but
even if that time is just a memory
i have to give my final greeting. I love you, i love you.

Jae sang to her nervously, but he didn't care much about how embarrassed he was. Instead he wanted to make her feel better, and this was the only way he could. She was in grief, and he was not even acting what a proper boyfriend should do. He felt bitter to be stuck in China and sign useless paperworks and attend meetings. He was supposed to be home, taking care of this woman, who was again stuck in the world of depression. 

Fly away fly away love
fly away fly away love
fly away fly away love

Seo listened more attentively, and this time her eyes were closing. 

In the afterlife i will greet my love again. I love you jagi. 

..and that night became the first night that Seo had a quite deep sleep. 

---

Had a lot of work, so I only had a chance to update now. 

Anyways the song I used was Kim JaeJoong's "Insa" 

Try searching it, the song is quite nice and it fits Seo's feelings. 

Wait for the next update :)