XLVIII.

Russian Roulette

JaeJoong was running around aimlessly in what seems to be an endless tunnel. The place held nothing, there wasn't anything nor anyone that could be found. He was still running, when something in the way made him stop. Within 10 metres away, was where SeoHyun was standing. She was very much different from the last time JaeJoong saw him. He catched his breath, as he saw her wounds and bruises already gone. Even from afar her face was unblemish. Her hair was down, and she was wearing a yellow frock dress that gave her so much glow. JaeJoong whispered her name, but the woman as still silent. She just stood her barefooted, and smiling. Overjoyed, JaeJoong run to her, but everytime to goes closer, she moves farther away. The continual tiring game came into an end when SeoHyun disappeared. JaeJoong turned his head and searched for her. The next thing he saw shocked the hell out him, when he saw SeoHyun sparwled under a spotlight. She was still wearing her yellow dress, but next to her was a pool of her own blood, dark red against her pale skin. 

"SEOHYUN!" He screamed as he woke up with a start. Still haunted from his dreams, he screamed her name over and over, as he trashed the gadgets attached to him. He was ready to jumped to the door when a hand stopped him. 

"Whoo! Slow down there cowboy," Tiffany said in her perfect English. 

"FANNY!" He said, "Where's SeoHyun? We have to save her. Something happened.. something is.." But his words were drowned as he eyes set in and realized where he was. He looked around the hospital room. 

"Calmed down already?" JaeJoong nodded, but Fanny didn't him loose, though she did slightly unfastened him. "SeoHyun's next door, resting." 

"I wanna see her," he said, as he was preparing to jump out of bed, and like earlier, Fanny held on to her. 

"LET ME GO FANNY!" He yelled as he tried to break free from her, but as usual, her secretary was just too strong. 

"Sorry boss, but you can't," she answered. "SeoHyun's resting, and she's still weak and if she sees you now, looking like a mess, it'll affect her. And besides, you know how she is, she'll blame herself eternally if she'll found out about how you got those scars." 

No matter how much Jae resisted, he knows his secretary was right. All they want now, is for her to be properly rested and be healthy as much as possible. "But I still wanna see her," he begged. The nagging feeling of missing her, still overshadows his common sense. 

"I know but.." Fanny paused. She knows how much she argues, the man did became crazy-fool looking for her for like a week, so arguing to him about this seems futile. "Fine, I've got an idea." 

"What?" Jae asked.

"Just stay here for a few minutes okay?" She said, and Jae obediently nodded. His eyes strayed on her as soon as she walked out the door. Ten minutes passed and JaeJoong heard the door opened. He shifted on his side, and was looking directly at him. 

"So what's your plan?" JaeJoong asked, feeling disappointed as he looked at her empty-handed. 

Fanny just looked at him smugly, and bositerously took out her phone. There on the bright screen of her phone, showed SeoHyun smiling at her, just like in his dream. "You took this?" He said, grabbing the phone from her. 

"Yes, just a few minutes ago." 

JaeJoong ignored her words, and just stared at her. He was indeed happy. Even though her head was in a bandage, and there were still some cuts on her face, the smile just eased him up completely. He was elated, to see her smiling, and to see her finally safe. "I think this will do for the day," he said calmly. Of course, like what his secretary has said, they both won't want her to get affected by all of this. To see her finally recovering, JaeJoong decided not to disrupt that, and stay put, and just get healed as well. 

"Is she really okay?" He asked, looking concerned. 

Fanny nodded nonchalantly as she sat on the sofa, mindlessly looking through the pages. "Yes. She woke up as few hours before you today. She's fine, she ate and as you've seen smiling." 

"Has she asked about me?" 

"Thank God she didn't," Fanny snorted. "Or else I wouldn't know how to lie to her, about her wounded boyfriend. 

Though it hurt him that SeoHyun still hasn't breathed a word about him, it also gave him relief that this was much more proper than making her sad even more. 

"Are the guys okay? Changmin? Yunho?" 

"Yunho's fine," she started, but her face changed, "More than fine I guess." 

"What? Why?" 

"YoonA's taking care of her.." She paused and looked at JaeJoong's dumbfounded expression, like he didn't know the sum of 2+2. "Your bestfriend's crazy about her. That love story needs to get more action." She laughed to herself, and JaeJoong just smiled with her. "And Changmin's okay." 

Wanting to asked, the sudden shifting of her voice, when she talked about Changmin, but knowing the type of person she is, Jae just let it go and moved on to another topic. "So did the cops knew who it was?" 

"Well after 20 minutes of chasing down a speeing car on the freeway, the cops eventually arrested the woman. It turns out it was YongHwa's stepmother. The police are running down their investigation. Both the old man and her son wasn't a part of it. Only one person does, and they are still thinking whether to put her in jail or not." 

"Why?" Feeling angry, since he wanted every person who was involved in this be imprisoned, or better yet dead. 

"Well she didn't exactly did anything. She just knew about it, but decided not to tell anyone." 

"Who was it anyway?" 

"Your ex." 

"Jessica?!" His voice raised a bit out of surprised. "How did she get involved in this?" 

"Apparently the evil is that woman's daughter." She explained. "Anyways, don't think much about this okay?" She said as she pulled the covers up to his neck. "Just get rested and tomorrow you'll see her boss. I promise." 

---

Two days passed anf finally the wounds on his face disappeared. While his scars on his body can be easily covered by his shirt and jeans. By noon, he stared at the mirror inside his room's bathroom. Wearing his plain shirt and dark jeans, he looked at himself, feeling very much contented. 

"Okay, you don't look like someone who just went into an ambush for the best few days," he said breezily as he was practicing his cold smirk. Jae took a deep breath, "Okay, time to see your princess." 

After five minutes of pacing, he finally went out of his room. He couldn't grasp his own thinking. Last time, he was so set on jumping inside her room, looking mental, and now he's acting like a coward, not knowing when he'll get out and see her. The man was just seriously freaking out for reasons unknown. 

His heart was thumping out his chest has he twisted the knob. He slowly opened the door, and he could hear the girls laughing. He had a small peep, and he saw, Fanny and her sister huddling close to SeoHyun who was obviously laughing at what they just said. He went in more and he saw Changmin just sitting near the window, looking out of place from all the commotion. 

JaeJoong closed the door, and turned to them. And Changmin was the only one who saw him. He gave his hyung a smile and a nod. Jae paced nearer to the bed and he saw that sitting on the couch were Yunho and YoonA, who were very much glued to each other. 

"Hey!" He said, greeting them all announcing his presence. 

Yunho stood up and gave him a smack. While the girls just smiled at her, SeoHyun also turned, but her face seemed so wrong. She looked curious, like she was looking at an unnamed stranger. 

"Finally! Does the narcissitic prince arrives!" Tiffany teased. 

JaeJoong smiled, "But of course I need to only look perfect before my princess," he said playing along with her joke. He carressed her foot, but SeoHyun pulled her leg up. 

"Who's he?" She said, looking around the people who are speechless by her question. "Tiffany, who's he?" 

JaeJoong just stared at her. Frozen by her act. He laughed, which was a way for him to take out his nervousness. "I'm your fiance." He said, and walked closer to her. "SeoHyun, don't act like this." 

"I'm not acting," she said, feeling scared as she scooted over to her friend.

"SeoHyun, I'm your fiance, JaeJoong." 

In no time, SeoHyun was screaming, throwing everything her hand grabs at JaeJoong. She kept yelling for him to get out. That he was a liar, that and that he was the one who tortured her. Worse of all, she screamed at his face that YongHwa's the one she love not a stranger like him. All of the people tried to stop her, Tiffany held her, while Yunho and Changmin went to Jae's side. When she calmed down at some point she started bawling her eyes out. Thinking that it was best Yunho told Jae he should leave. Though he pierced him deeply, Jae went out quietly. He waited by the door and saw a doctor go in. The man didn't left, his friends stayed with him. Though both Yunho and Changmin wanted to let his feelings out and to tone down the tension, they both thought he wasn't really in the mood to talk yet. 

When the was already out the door, he rushed to his side. "What happened to her? Why can't she remember me?" 

The doctor looked at him calmly, "Well, it seems to me she's probably suffering from amnesia.."

"WHAT?!" The three of them said in chorus. "How? How could that even happen?" JaeJoong asked. 

"Well, I have a feeling the torture they've put on her might have repressed some memories, including you." 

"But she can remember me. Yunho-hyung and the others too, but why can't she remember her own fiance?" Changmin asked. 

"Well, that I can't answer," the doctor said sadly. "These patients, they could recover from this, just give her time." 

"Do they all recover?" He asked. 

"Some," the doctor frowned. 

Some? It only means one thing for JaeJoong, SeoHyun won't remember him. There's a big chance that his SeoHyun won't come back to him anymore. He collapsed against a wall. Tears run down at his cheeks. "Why? Why? WHY?" He chanted. He could feel someone hugging him. 

"I'm sorry hyung," Changmin said, his hand on his friend's back. 

"Why? Tell me why it doesn't always go right between us?" He said feeling so unfair about the whole situation. "WHY ARE THINGS ALWAYS MESSING  UP?"