XXXIX.

Russian Roulette

His work, was done, and Minho was about to get through the door, when his father suddenly called him out. He glanced back at him. Manager Choi bend his finger backward, signaling him to follow. Minho looked at him inquisitively, but neverthless he followed his father silently. 

They both took the seats outside, on the far corner of the foyer. 

As soon as they were seated, his father didn't hesitate in firing his feelings, and talked first. "I'm worried." 

"About what?" Minho asked, already knowing what the topic is about. 

"Seo," he said anxiously. "I couldn't contact her today. Usually it's either YoonA or Sunny who answers my calls, but it was different today." 

Minho remained unfazed by his father's words. "You're just over reacting appa. I'm sure she's fine."

But Manager Choi didn't heed his Minho's words, "But something's bothering me Minho. I have this unpleasant gut feeling that something isn't right." 

"Appa, stop being such worry wart." Minho smirked at his troubled father. "Seo's in the middle of mourning appa. It's normal for her to isolate herself for now. It's her way of healing herself." 

His father looked shocked. Minho's words was a soft blow. He didn't even picture his own son acting cold, and feeling insensitive for the woman he was crazy for. "I've been meaning to tell you this, but I couldn't find the right time to say. When Minho? When did you even start acting this way towards her?" He said angrily. "You always adored her. Taking care of her as much as possible, but now, what happened son?" 

Minho didn't answer. He clasped his hands tighter, and stared down. He felt such a coward in front of his father's eyes. Even after Mrs. Hwang's death, he never even truly comforted Seo, just like what he was supposed to be doing. Minho did try, and he knew that himself, but every time he tries to get closer, she was always surrounded by her friends or JaeJoong. She was just never alone. After that, Minho didn't go back to her apartment, he didn't even have the urge to call her. He completely detached himself from that woman. For him it was the only way he will be able to move on. 

Manager Choi cleared his throat. Getting his son's attention back to his. "Choi Minho, I know how you feel son. Things between you and her may not ended in the way you wanted it to be, but Seo is still important to you. She needs you the most right now son, and at least be there for her, even as a friend." He said gently. Manager Choi wasn't blind, he do knows about how he feels for her, and he knows how much it broke his heart when Minho knew about the director and SeoHyun. "I'm just saying this to save you son, I don't want you to suffer more." 

"I know dad," he said. Ever since his mother left, his father tried his very best to not fail and be the best for him, and for 19 years, Minho felt thankful for having him. 

Manager Choi smiled back. 

His son stood up, "I'm going then." 

"To where?" 

"To SeoHyun's apartment." 

Manager Choi just grinned at his son and watched him go out, wishing his son a good luck. 

---

In just fifteen minutes Minho reached Seo's apartment. He knocked on her door, expecting for either YoonA or Sunny to answer the door. But after three minutes no one even opened the door. He knocked on the door again and still no one came. Seeing he has no one choice he just turned the knob and let himself in. 

Minho felt a little distressed when he saw no one on the kitchen or the living room. His feeling worsen when he called for Seo's name and only silence answered him. He called her name out again. Minho even went outside her balcony, cheking if she was outside the garden. But he didn't see anyone, not even a shadow. He was getting a bit worried when he almost walked out the door, when he saw a glimpsed of the stairs. Minho couldn't understand it, and he was feeling that he should at least go upstairs, to check if SeoHyun was there.

Cautiously he took his steps. He was being careful just in case he may disturb something. As soon as he landed the site he saw was unexpected. A frightening feeling immediately crawled down his spine. The scene couldn have been perfect, but something was wrong. Minho walked closer to the bed, and his heart stopped when he saw a big red spot on Seo's white dress. Her wrist bleeding.

Minho panicked. He was very frazzeled. He frantically searched for any cloth to wrapped around her wrist. Minho took one of her towels and swathed Seo's wrist. The next thing he knew, he carried the woman, and rushed downstairs and into her bathroom. 

They both climbed inside the tub. He twisted the knob and cold pellets  of water immediately soaked both of them.

 He bind the cloth on tighter. His worried eyes went back to Seo's face, who remained calm ever since he came. He hysterically shook her body. "Seo, Seo please wake up," he begged. His throat running dry as he called out for her name. He felt hopeless and regretful. 

He cupped her face, "Please SeoHyun, don't do this to me. Wake up!" His tears already on the surface of his eyes. He couldn't think, all he prayed for was for her to open her eyes. "Please SeoHyun, don't leave me like this." 

With the slight moving of her eyes, it brought a flicker of hope on him. He held her closer, "SeoHyun, please, open your eyes. Please love, don't do this to me," he said, kissing her eyes. 

Her eyes slightly opened, and Minho could read how she mouthed his name. "I'm here SeoHyun." 

He hugged her tight. He could feel the soft touch of her lips on his cheeks. If it was a different setting, it could've sent sparks to Minho, but right now, it was something else. "Why? Why do this SeoHyun?" He cried. He couldn't help but feel angry at her. 

"I feel alone." She weakly whispered. "They all left me." 

"Are you crazy?!" He exclaimed. "I'm here SeoHyun. I'm always here for you." He said, looking down at her. "I'm sorry if I was selfish. I only thought of myself. I didn't even try to be a friend when you were in pain," Minho said to her gently. "

Seo didn't answer. She just stared at him blankly. Her emotionless face even brought more anxiety on him. He shook him again. "Wake up Seo," he begged. "Don't leave me. A lot of people are here for you SeoHyun.. Appa, Sunny, YoonA, Tiffany. All of them are here for you." When the woman remained silent, he blurted out something he didn't even expect, "Don't leave JaeJoong broken." 

Seo was already in the brink of letting go. What she only wanted to do was escape and be free from the the pain and isolation she was feeling. She was ready.. ready to go on, when Minho's words brought a light to the subject. "JaeJoong," she unconsciously whispered. JaeJoong, the man who saved her from the dull void she was from. JaeJoong, whose infectious personality brigthens up her world again. JaeJoong who promised her forever. "JaeJoong," she said it again, and she had a blurry sight of Minho's smiling face. She reached her hand up to his face, but before she could even hold his cheek, her vision turned dark and she was loss again, not knowing if she'll return again. 

---

JaeJoong was rushing to the hospital as soon as he got the called. He was trembling and his heart was beating more faster as he was hearing Fanny's frantic voice over the phone. He almost dropped his phone when he heard the news. Without any thought he rushed his driver and now he was sweating like bullets as he flashed outside the car and into the building. He felt so breathless as he asked for the receptionist for Seo's room number. 

When he opened the door, the dull beeping sound of a machine greeted him. He saw her lying on bed. There was also another person with her who was sitting beside. 

He walked nearer to them and he saw that it was Minho. 

"How's she?" He asked as he stood to the other side of the bed. His heart ached as he saw the gauze wrapped around her wrist. 

"She loss a lot of blood," Minho answered coldly, and not even looking at him. "She's stable now so there's no need to worry."

JaeJoong remained silent. He just sat next to the bed, and his hand softly intertwined with hers. "Thank you Minho." But the man didn't answer, Jae looked up wheh he heard the rough sound of the chair that was being pushed out of place. 

"I already loss her once, and I'm regretting for even giving her to you," he said angrily. "Don't waste the chance I gave, we both don't want to lose her forever." 

And with that Minho left the lamenting man, sobbing quietly at his girlfriend.