XL.

Russian Roulette

SeoHyun looked at the place wonderingly. The woman couldn't grasped on how did she even end up at that place. She looked around and there wasn't a single thing nor person that can be found except for the two roads at either of her sides. The place was even too bright for her liking, which was completely different from the meadow. She averted her gaze further down at the two roads. 

A moment passed and SeoHyun made out two figures coming towards her at the either side. The two of them stopped at least 5 metres away from her. She glanced to her left and she saw YongHwa. Just like in her other dream, the man was smiling peacefully at her. SeoHyun couldn't help but smile back. The woman was about to walk towards him, when something else caught her eyes. 

SeoHyun looked to her other side. Her eyes stared at the figure curiously as she slowely recognized who it was. Unlike YongHwa, JaeJoong's expression was quite the opposite. His beautiful face, still unflawed with the slight frowning of his lips. What shocked Seo in the next second was when tears started to taint his perfection. 

Her steps retreated back, and her body unconciously turned in JaeJoong's direction. Her left foot walked forward, followed with the other. Soon, she was just a little further away from him when all of a sudden, she became conscious of the other man staring at her from the other side. 

She stepped back with a few steps, her eyes never leaving YongHwa. She whispered his name, feeling like she just betrayed him. But what his YongHwa's next words echoed in the vast place. "Let me go SeoHyun." 

SeoHyun shook her head and she took a step back further, completely unaffected by the sorrowful man in front of her. 

But YongHwa just smiled, not caring about the woman's opposition. "I love you jagi, but he needs you more." And before SeoHyun could even argue more, YongHwa slowly disappeared out of thin air. 

She glimpsed at the other. Jae, already collapsed on the ground. His hands, curled into fists, as he forcefully shoved them into the rough pavement. His tears marking his clean white pants and his soft sobbing were the only sound the SeoHyun heard. She walked closer to Jae, but then everytime she does, the man moved farther. It was like an invicible force was pulling him whenever she steps forward. 

Before she even knew it, JaeJoong was also pulled out to the bright end his tears leaving marks on the grey concrete. "JaeJoong!!!" 

---

Slowly, SeoHyun's eyes opened. Her vision was still a blur, that she could only make out the bright spot on top of her. The irritating bleeping sound was the only thing she could hear. There was a slight throbbing feeling in her temples, that when she tried to touch her forehead, her sudden movement made her weak. She winced in the process. 

A moment passed, and her vision became lucid. She stared at the rectangular panels that housed the flourescent lights. She slowly turned her head, not wanting to bring more pain to her head, and tried to examine the room, in search for a person. Unfortunately for her, no one was even around to answer her querries. 

Thinking that it was futile to wait, she carefully hoisted herself up. Just enought so she could fully see where she was. She looked to her side and the bleeping sound came from the machine next to her. And at the other side, there was a metal post that was holding her IV fuid. Her gaze followed the IV line and it ended up at the back of her hand. 

"What happened?" She thought to herself, but her question was answered with a bitter realization as she stared down at her bandaged wrist. 

Swiftly, the dark images of that day came rushing into her mind. She remembered everything, the blade, and the vivid color of her blood that was dripping out of her wound. The memory, gave her a rotten feeling inside. 

SeoHyun's eyes then darted to an opened notebook. Whoever left it, must be in a hurry that the person didn'y even bother closing it nor even, taking the pen in between the pages. SeoHyun didn't want to pry, since her head was still occupied with thoughts of what happened the last time she was awake, but some words on the paper just immediately brought tears to her eyes. 

The words, "I'm sorry SeoHyun" were etched a million times, along with others like, "I'm a useless boyfriend.." "I didn't even take care of her.." The words were like LED lights catching her attention. Even without reading further, SeoHyun already figured who the notebook belongs to. 

Her tears just started running. Her heart throbbed with guilt and pain. SeoHyun kept telling to herself how selfish she was. How she selfishly decided to end her life, without even thinking of people she'd hurt in the process. She didn't even thought of JaeJoong who saved her from her sadness. She thought of herself as a rotten person that didn't even deserve JaeJoong. 

Then the door opened, and the man from her dream came into life. "SeoHyun," he whispered. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she cried. 

Without anymore words, Jae strided towards her. Quickly putting her into his warm embrace. He didn't show attention, as his girlfriend continued to chant her apologies. He remained where he was, hugging her, comforting her with his unspoken love. To see her now, breathing, or rather crying, it gave JaeJoong such joy. It drove the man crazy when for three days SeoHyun remained unconscious. 

"I'm sorry jagi," SeoHyun said, as she tried to have enough space between them just saw she could clearly see his face. It hurt her how his face, were now wet with his own tears. "I'm sorry." 

"Promise me SeoHyun, promise me you'll never do it again." He begged. SeoHyun was deeply unaware how her beloved cried every night, every time he rememebered how Minho found her. He fervently prayed everyday, begging to arouse SeoHyun from her peace. He even bargained with God, saying how he'll sacrifice himself for her. For the past few days, his faith became stronger. 

Seo nodded to answer and continued to wrapped her arms around him. For her this was comfort, and to have this, after having that awful dream, was a bliss. 

"I'm sorry, I should've taken care of you more.. I should've known. I should've never left you," he said, crying harder than before. "A part of me died.. and it was because of my own insensitivity. Yoebo, I'm sorry." 

"No, no.." she argued. "This wasn't your fault jagi. It was mine. I'm sorry I made you worry. I'm really sorry," she said, as she placed her hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry I even thought of leaving you like this." She stared into his teary grey eyes. "I'll never do it again." 

He closed his eyes and held Seo's hand that was resting on his cheek. "Love.. I always thought that it was a pathetic waste of time. How mindless people, let themselves engaged into something so intoxicatingly dangerous. I never once admit it, but I was scared. Scared of the truth behind love, of fully surrendering into the clutches of someone else." His eyes became warmer, and his voice gentle as he spoke, "But then I saw you. Rather than seeing love as pathetic, I saw myself, became more pathetically drawn to you. You intoxicated me fully, with your innocence and warmth. Before I knew it, I capitulated myself into your gentle arms, and forever I want to discover more the emotion I detested once. So don't leave me SeoHyun, and just continue showing me that kind of love I've dreamed of." 

Slowly, she raised herself up. Her eyes never left contact, as she finally leveled with JaeJoong. She closed her eyes, and she felt the soft luscious lips of Jae, that was pressing on to hers. Her hand slowly went to his head, pulling him closer, making the kiss longer and more passionate than before. 

"I love you JaeJoong," she whispered in between kisses.