XXXI.

Russian Roulette

Seo stood there, surprised, feeling weird how JaeJoong was only standing there. Usually at times like this, he'd jumped on the person, and instead he was acting more civil and relaxed after what Minho just did. 

Seo pushed Minho, putting distance between the two of them. She cleared . "I think you should leave Minho." 

"Are you sure?" he asked worriedly. His eyes shifted to Jae who was looking deadly calm. 

Seo nodded, her eyes not wanting to look at her boyfriend. 

"Okay," he lightly held her hand. "Call me when something comes up." He slightly bowed to the director and said his goodbye to Seo. 

As soon as he left, Jae wasted no time in following Seo who was already halfway through her apartment. He briskly walked, trying to catch up with her. Just in time her door close, he stuck his foot out. He winced. "Let me in." 

"No," she said as she pushed the door. "I'm not in the mood to talk." 

"But we need to," he said, trying to control his anger. "Please, just let me in." He pushed the door, and caught a glanced on Seo's unhappy face. "There's obviously something wrong, just please, talk to me," he said, pleading lightly. 

Losing energy to fight, Seo let got of the door and walked inside her living room. Jae stepped inside and sat beside her. Knowing himself, he wasn't the type who controls his anger. For what he did earlier, he wants to praise himself for not immediately landing a punch on the guys face, but right now, his patience has run out, and he couldn't control his anger anymore. 

"Care to explain what's happening?" He said stiffly. 

Seo remained silent, her vacant stare trying to penetrate her hardwood floor. 

"And after seeing what that guy did," he paused. As much as possible, he wants to manage his anger, the last time he bursted she made her feel so bad, he wasn't even sure he'd forgive her. He was scared that she might not give him another chance if he's blow things out of proportion again. "I'm not usually this calm Seo, and knowing you, I'm sure there's an explanation." 

Seo stood, and faced her glass door. Her eyes wandered at the night sky. There wasn't a single star today, instead everything above was calm, unlike her heart. She looked at the moon, Even the moon feels lonely tonight.

"JaeJoong, are you sure?" she asked in her gentle voice. "Are you sure about picking me?" 

"I don't get it." 

Her fists clutched. Her nails digging the inside of her palms. "About me.. Jessica is-" She paused. She doesn't want to give a hint to Jae that Jessica and her had an ugly confrontation. "I mean, don't you think Jessica suits you better?" Her voice cracked. How bad does it feel to be so inapt for your beloved. She had been in this situation before, with YongHwa, but unlike right now. It's been shoved down how bad she was for JaeJoong. "She's beautiful, intelligent, successful." She's everything I'm not. 

Jae stood from his seat, walking towards her. Her gently wrapped his arms around her waist. "But I chosed you, and to me you're what I want jagi." 

But Seo was impervious with what he said. She took his hands, and turned. She looked at him seriously. "JaeJoong. I'm 21. I was engaged before. I haven't even finished school, and I worked in a cafe owned by your company. If you compare that to Jessica I'm pretty much nothing and it might.. even tarnish your reputation." 

He held her hand tightly. He knows what his world might do to her. Insecurity, intimidation, prejudices. All of it, she was going to suffer from all of it, but told himself that Seo can do it, but now, it seemed like he just overestimated her. She endured a lot, but his world was a harsh one. All he can do now, is just be there for her. "To me you are perfect. The moment I fell in love with you, I accepted you. Your flaws, everything Seo." His hand shifted gently to her face, cupping them in between his palms. "I love you Seo, that you always need to believe in. I'll protect you no matter what." He kissed her forehead. 

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. 

"For what?" 

"Doubting on us." 

JaeJoong chuckled and hugged her tighter. "There's another thing you should apologize for.."

Seo looked up, her expression looking confused and curious. 

"Tch, the guy kissed you on the forehead. As far as I'm concerned the moment you started dating me, everything about you is off-limits, even if it was a friendly kiss." He pouted, looking more childish.

Seo grinned, and tip-toed on her feet. She gave light pecks on both of JaeJoong's cheeks. "Will that make up for it?" 

"Not quite.." he grinned naughtily as she pulled her into a more passionate one. By the time that Seo pulled from his arms, she was already out of air. JaeJoong laughed, no matter how mature she was, in his arms, she still reverts back to being her innocent self.

"How 'bout you cook us dinner yoebo?" 

"Okay," she nodded and went to the kitchen. But rather than following her, Jae took his phone out from his pocket. Already knowing who to call, he waited for him to answer. 

"Yoboseyo?" 

"Hello, Manager Choi, it's Director Kim. I need to ask you something."

---

The next morning, when Jessica came out of the Youngbae's office, she was stunned to see JaeJoong leaning beside his door. She greeted him with a smile. "I'd love to catch up, but I need to go somewhere," she said and started to walk to the elevator. But Jae grabbed her harm, or rather clawed her arm, which was hurting her badly. 

She pulled her arm away from him and walked back. "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

"I could ask you the same thing Jessica," he hissed so dangerously. Jessica looked up and meet his gaze. Jae never looked so dangerous, and right now she was scared out of her wits. 

"What?!!" 

He moved closer putting just a few inches of distance between the two of them. "All this time after that disgusting thing you did, I still became civil. I didn't even react when you pranced around with your boyfriend, knowing that at least I have to save our friendship." He said, gritting his teeth out of anger. "I don't know what you did, or said to SeoHyun, but if you hurt her again, I will never forgive you." He said, emphasizing every word. He left, and walked inside inside his office. 

Jessica didn't even move. Her body was trembling and her hands turned into fists. Believe it or not she was hurt. The words just Jae said pierced her like glass, especially when he told her she was disgusting. But Jessica was thinking of someone else. Someone who's already the target of her anger. SeoHyun, I will make your life a living hell.