XXXIII.

Russian Roulette

In the end, Seo took the job, she couldn't do anything about it anyways, since the situation she had made her very in need of accepting it, even if her boss was the evil's spawn Jessica Jung. The last meeting they had was very excrutiatingly uncomfortable for SeoHyun, that she had to endure an hour of vicious glares, and her rotten attitude. She told herself to just toughen up, and endure it 'til the end. She was the first client she had anyways, so Seo wanted to show JongHyun her skills and determination for the job. 

As soon as she left the building, she called Jae, and immediately told him about the situation she had, and the job she was just accepted for. Of course, her predictions was right, quickly after telling her about the debts, he quickly offered to pay for it, even going out of his way in giving her a job. Seo refused 'til the end, since she doesn't want to burden him at all, and owe him this. Since Jae felt that his girlfriend was firm about the decision, he couldn't do anything but just let her be, and wish her good luck. 

During her first day job, JongHyun instructed her to meet her outside the address he have texted her. He told her, that they need to be on the field, to get some shots, for the advertisment. So at 10 in the morning, she was already outside the company, and promptly saw JongHyun standing outside, waiting for her. 

"Annyong haseyo, sorry if I was late boss," she bowed immediately. 

JongHyun shook his head, "It's okay, I just came here a while ago. Here." He was handing her a camera, but SeoHyun was looking at him curiously, confused by what he wanted her to do. 

"Take it," he said placing the camera on Seo's hands. "Though you've never presented me your portforlio, I have this gut feeling that you have this talent." He explained, and his smiling face turned to Seo, "You might as well prove that today, ne?" 

"Oh.. sajangnim," she said, feeling touched for what he said, as she stared at the camera. 

"C'mon, we have to start now. Let's do our best, arasso?" 

She beamed brightly. "Ne sajangnim!" 

Two hours passed, and she was getting a hang of it. Seo admitted to herself, that she was getting rusty, since it had been so long since she held a camera. The first shots she had was crappy. Some were dark, some a lot of exposure, some were out of focus, and a lot of different other reasons. When she told her boss, he gave him a few tips, and she tried it again. She was glad she had the guts to ask him, since after that, she was getting a lot of good shots. Seo even showed some to JongHyun, and JongHyun praised a few, even telling the some, may be use for the advertisements. 

She felt bliss, when she heard what her boss said. Seo just couldn't explain how great she felt as she got back to one of her first love. Other than the piano, photography was also something that she fell in love with. She was captivated by it, when once, her class went on a field trip to the different museums in Seoul. 

Then her lens caught something. It was a group of men, or rather middle aged men, following someone else. She zoomed in her lenses, and she saw that the guy was younger. She took a shot as soon as the 'boss' turned exactly at her. She took her camera down, and was about to gave JaeJoong a smile, but then Jessica came into her view. 

Seo, rushed to JongHyun's side, as soon as the pair was walking towards them. 

"Seo, what are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes, darted towards JongHyun. 

But before she could even answer, Jessica spoke. "She didn't tell you? She works for me."

Jae didn't answer, his expressionless face and calm exterior was enough giveaway for Seo, that his boyfriend was dead angry. Seo couldn't do anything, but dropped down her gaze, and immersed herself in fear. Even if she briefly explained to JaeJoong about the job, she purposely left the information that Jessica, his ex-girlfriend, is her boss. 

"Anyways," Jessica said, breaking the silence. "JongHyun, let's go inside, we need to talk about something with JaeJoong-ssi." 

"Ne, I just need to talk to her about something," he said coldly. Jessica left without a word, while JongHyun gave Seo a worried look before finally leaving her with JaeJoong. His immediately grabbed hers, and pulled her inside the elevator. After a few minutes, he pressed the stop button, and finally looked at Seo. 

"Jae.." 

"It seemed like, our conversation lacked something," he said sarcastically. He was dead serious.

"Jae, just let me explain." She begged. If there was one thing he hates, it was being lied to, but she hopes her explanation was good enough to at least let her be forgiven. 

"Fine, better start now Seo." 

She fidgeted, since she was feeling uncomfortable, with his cold stare. "I lied because, I knew you'd react like this when I tell you about Jessica. I'm sorry I lied Jae, but I definitely need this job. Please, understand me." She took his hand. "Please yoebo." 

"NO." He said with so much authority. "Just quit Seo, I'll pay the debts." 

Seo shook her head, "I can't let you do that. It's too much Jae. YoonA and me will solve this problem, just trust me please?" 

He took her hand off, "You know? I've been wondering, whether you really see me as a boyfriend or not." 

"I do see you as that, what do you mean Jae?" 

"Really? 'cause I sure don't feel that way right now. Why Seo? Why don't you ever depend on me? Every time something's wrong, you chosed to hide it from me. You didn't even tell me how Jessica came in the cafe, you didn't even tell me about the orphanage, and you don't even want my help. Why? I'm you're boyfriend Seo, I'm suppose to know about these things. I'm the first who should hear your thoughts.. problems. I'm the one who should be the first one to protect you, to take care of you, but instead all this time, you kept shoving me into a corner." With that, Jae pressed the elevator open, leaving Seo crying.

Seo's tears wouldn't stop. After hearing those words she took in, how right he was. She had been keeping a lot of things from him, and yes, unconsciously she had been rejecting him. No matter how much she said that he was already hers, she doesn't even treat him as one. She hadn't even opened up to him yet. She tried pretending that she was independent and strong, wherein fact, she was nothing but vulnerable. She wanted so much to apologize to JaeJoong, but no matter what she does, he kept ignoring her calls, in the end, he even turned it off. 

"Kim JaeJoong, are you trying to break up with me?" 

---

That night, she hasn't even got enough sleep, since she couldn't stop thinking about Jae. Until she slept, she called him a lot of times, and texted him at least some messages, but in the end he didn't answer. 

It was in the middle of the night, when the constant annoying ringing of her phone woke her up from her sleep. She flexed her hand towards the bedside table, trying to feel for her phone. 

"Yoboseyo?" She said in her sleepy voice. Her eyes were still closed, and she was near to shutting her eyes again, when she recognized her boss' voice. 

"Oh, sajangnim?" She asked, suddenly feeling more alert. 

"I'm sorry I had to call you so early, but I forgot to tell you something. We had an early flight to Jeju at 8."

"Bwo?" She hurriedly sat on her bed. She looked at the time, and it was 6 in the morning. She needs to be at the airport at 7 then.

"Ne, we have to go there, to a shoot on the resort that is owned by the company," he explained. "I'm really sorry I didn't tell you this SeoHyun." 

"Aniyo sajangnim. I just need to rush packing then," she said, already planning what to bring. 

"Okay, I'll meet you at the airport then?" 

"Ne," she said. As soon as she hang up, she rushed to the bathroom, momentarily forgetting about JaeJoong. 

---

They reached the resort, just when the sun was at it prettiest. Of course, both JongHyun and SeoHyun wasted no time in taking some shots, before the sun might loss its angle. Just like before, JongHyun praised her work, and told her that they were definitely going to use some of her shots. After that they went in, and of course Jessica was also there. For once, her abhorrence for Seo was set aside, and acted very professionally towards them. She instructed them both to also take some shots inside the hotel, their facilities and accomodations should be in the spotlight, as what she emphasized. 

With that, her and her boss take their first shots on the lobby. What really amazed Seo was the koi pond in the middle of the hotel's lobby. Above that was also a sitting area, and the palm trees surrounding it, just completes the picture. After that JongHyun told her to just go outside, and that he'd take upstairs to at least hasten their work. 

Even if she was taking photos, it also felt like she was touring the place. "JaeJoong's family sure are rich," she muttered to herself as she gazed up at the towering glass elevator and the mosaic design on the hotel's roof. With the sudden remembering of his name, she swiftly fished out her phone. She frowned, upon seeing only YoonA's name on the screen. "I guess you really hate me now," she said sadly. 

She took a deep breath and continued her job. On her way, she took photos of an indoor pool. Outside she was again taken away by how extravagant and enormous the place was. There was three pools, and she saw the beautiful wedding hall. She smiled to herself, as she imagined how the kids and also his appa would feel if she'd take them to a place like this. She excitedly pressed the camera. In every shot, she tried to capture the beauty of the place, hoping that some of it would also been use. 

Her work was cut short, when JongHyun found him an hour before lunch. He told her that they could go back to work before the sun goes down, and that they might as well fill in their stomachs. 

They went to lunch inside the hotel, and JongHyun even paid for it. She shook her head, feeling embarrassed for what he did. 

"I'm your boss, and as your boss, I need to treat you even once," he argued. 

"But.." 

"Just eat SeoHyun, it's okay," he smiled. Knowing that it was useless to argue, Seo took her chopticks and began to it. Lunch was good. She learned a few things about JongHyun. He graduated with a literary major, but he told Seo that photography was what he really wanted. He even told her that he already have a girlfriend, who was pre-school teacher. Seo also told him a few things. That she was an orphan, and about JaeJoong. 

"Mr. Kim's your boyfriend?!" He said astounded. 

Seo pathetically nodded. 

"WOW! That didn't even cross my mind yesterday," he said honestly. 

"Let me guess, you'd think he'd go for the types of Jessica?" 

JongHyun shook his head, "Actually, I didn't even expect that a man like that was your type." 

That was the first time Seo heard commented that way, that she couldn't even help but laugh. Usually, people judge her as the low-status girl, that is unsuitable for JaeJoong. 

After that, they had enough time to look through the shots they've taken that morning. With a smile, they had a few handful they could use. When it was already 4 in the afternoon, they went back to work. This time, SeoHyun went upstairs, and JongHyun went outside. She rode the elevator, and went to the first few floors. She even took an aerial shot of the koi pond. She was at then third floor, and she was taking shots from the window of one room. After getting enough shots, she went out. 

After that, she felt a heavy force pulling her on the waist, and no matter what she does she couldn't loose free. She couldn't fight back, since her capturer had held her hands from the back, and was being covered with a white handkerchief, and before she could even see the face of the person, her vision turned dark.